No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh. Nobody likes this weather, so I'm not surprised Danny doesn't.

I don't think anyone is going to say. "I loved everything about my time in Toronto and being on a winning team, but that cold snap in January was too much. I'm signing somewhere else."

I mean maybe people think that way, but I don't think so.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
      Eh. Nobody likes this weather, so I'm not surprised Danny doesn't.

I don't think anyone is going to say. "I loved everything about my time in Toronto and being on a winning team, but that cold snap in January was too much. I'm signing somewhere else."

Good news is Kawhi will still he playing here in June and January will be a distant memory
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
        Eh. Nobody likes this weather, so I'm not surprised Danny doesn't.

Maybe if you have no other options. If you have the option to move to Florida or Texas where there is hot weather and no state tax then it is a factor. We know this from decades of experience, and most recently PJ Tucker.

I'm pretty optimistic about Danny Green re-signing, I think he's the type to value fit and team over quality of life stuff. But to pretend that the weather is nothing is misguided imo.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          The Knicks are kind of a special case because there's a distinct path to success for them via trading for AD: they get another year of AD, which means they can sell themselves to serious free agents, because it's New York City. If they trade Porzingis plus Tim Hardaway Jr (who you have to trade to make the money work) plus picks for AD, they have over forty million dollars in cap space to sign Kevin Durant, for example, and then they fill out the roster with vet minimum deals and cap exception signings and then they're instantly the best Knicks team in at least twenty years if not more. If they don't get KD, they probably offer a lot of money to Kyrie. If Kyrie says no, that's when you offer big money to Klay or Kemba, and at this point you can probably afford a third star as well (Tobias Harris or Khris Middleton, for example).

New York probably trades this year's first with some very limited protections on it (top-1 protected, probably, so they're not trading away their chance at Zion Williamson) and although it's a high-risk play it's not a bad play by any means.
          They don't need to include Hardaway, they have a bunch of other options.

If done this season, include Kanter.

If in the offseason or this season, include Knox + Lee.

I'm actually unsure how the timing effects Porzingis money as he's on the last year of his deal.

Comment

• The strange thing about being a raptor fan is....it may alter your impression of how good AD is. In 2017/18, 2 games against the Raps. Both losses for NO. AD went for 18-7 and 19-5 in the two games. The year before, two losses. Played only half his usual minutes in one game scoring 7 and went for 18 & 17 in the other one. The year before that he missed both games due to injury. Same for the year before that. The year before that...2 more losses. Went for 19 & 7 in one and missed the other due to injury. The year before was his rookie year where one game was 25 and 9 but the other was 2 & 6. In fact, the only outstanding game he has played against us was this year when he got 20 rebounds and 25 points...which left him third in scoring for the Pelicans that day with 2 other teammates getting 29 and 30 points. It was a weird game where nothing went right for the Raps and everything went in for the Pels. This is all to say, that he's an awesome one of kind player...but if you just watched it from here, you had this weird feeling that Jonas could always neutralize him. Strange.

Comment

• Comment

• AD get a jacket bruv. See you soon
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  BuT bIg MaRkEts gEt sTaRs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

AD get a jacket bruv. See you soon
                    Hahaha Popovich is the man

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      BuT bIg MaRkEts gEt sTaRs
                      AD is literally attempting to force his way to the Lakers rn lol

Comment

• It doesn't matter, his agent already told everyone he is planning to sign with LA no matter who trades for him. I'll puke if the Raptors are even looking at him fo ranyone past a Pick, or flat our bench warmers. I do NOT want to see my fav team Gutted for a 3 month player who doesnt even wanna be in Toronto.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          It doesn't matter, his agent already told everyone he is planning to sign with LA no matter who trades for him. I'll puke if the Raptors are even looking at him fo ranyone past a Pick, or flat our bench warmers. I do NOT want to see my fav team Gutted for a 3 month player who doesnt even wanna be in Toronto.
                          A. Hes signed for a year and a half

B. Kawhi "doesnt wanna be in Toronto" either and yet here we are, one more move away from a possible banner

C. Your fav team? Seems like you hate these guys..

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            That's a shit package. Nobody is lining up for Dennis Smith jr. And Dallas unprotected 1sts would be mid to late in no time with doncic and Davis
                            NO isn't going to get a top 5-6 player in any trade of AD. You take young players with promise (Smith, Barnes whomever, picks and expiring contracts) if you are looking to rebuild. The point was that non-contending teams will have more of what a rebuilding team is looking for. All except for Boston.

Comment

• Could you see Kawhi picking up his player option for next year if we trade for AD?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                KP really expect more wins with the roster that they have? lmao. Dude is creating drama out of nothing.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X