Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I mean they had to tank to get Doncic.

Let's not forget they traded up from the 5th pick to get him.

It's not as simple as tanking bad or retooling good. It's about having a sound strategy, executing on it and minimizing mistakes.
    Dallas did not actively and strategically tank. They just sucked. Atlanta was morons and wanted out of Doncic and now this.

Ya gotta be good to be lucky and make no mistake Cubans has a horseshoe shoved up somewhere
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      I mean they had to tank to get Doncic.

Let's not forget they traded up from the 5th pick to get him.

It's not as simple as tanking bad or retooling good. It's about having a sound strategy, executing on it and minimizing mistakes.
      They also had to tank to get DSJ, who was traded for KP.

Each geographical market has a strategy best suited to it. A Texas or Florida team with hot weather and low taxes can go after free agents and not have to worry about tanking.

A market which has never had success signing free agents is more likely to be better served by tanking, so as to get the ~9 years of player control from a draft pick, instead of 1-3 years via trade or 0 if you can't sign a free agent.

Comment

• Butler will end up with the Knicks, because nobody good will want him. haha

Comment

• anyone like the idea of adding wes matthews if the knicks buy him out? or deandre? saw some speculation from tim mcmahon on espn they might do both, though it's unclear at the moment whether they're tanking or whether they are accruing draft assets in a pitch for AD.

i'd be up for the former for sure.

i sure hope they suck forever.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Hilariously, this could fuck both teams. New York is completely screwed if they don't sign anyone in the summer, and if Porzingis accepts the QO and leaves in 2020, Dallas will be left without two draft picks (assuming they give one to NYK on top of the one to ATL) and with less cap space (THJ contract)
            The Daily News has a report that they did this to create cap space for... Kyrie and Durant!!

Comment

• Blazers going to get K Love, while we all looking the wrong way.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

If that is the case I want jrue holiday they can take Lowry. We go all in this season and Kawhi resigns after our championship and we win that deal no matter what happens the following season. As long as we keep pascal and Kawhi together we win no matter what

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                  Blazers going to get K Love, while we all looking the wrong way.
                  Thatll really shake the foundations of the conference quarterfinals
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    woah

Need to know what the specific details on these picks are. This could make or break the trade for both teams
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Thatll really shake the foundations of the conference quarterfinals
                      I dunno who that burns harder me or portland

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        So the Knicks actually got two expiring deals, DSJR and 2 picks.

I mean now with the 2 picks it's not so bad. They probably have protections on them. Dallas is going to have to use cap space to try and get better as they won't be able to attach picks to deals. And Dallas has usually always sniffed in free agency.

On the surface.. KP + Doncic is going to be fun.. but KP is also coming of an ACL and wants to become a UFA.

Big risk for Dallas on this one. I hope it works out for them, but if it doesn't.. someone might get fired.
                        One more item few are mentioning is the $50 million the Mavs will have to pay THJ and Lee beyond this season. Nets got a late 1st and a good 2nd for taking Carroll's $30 million contract dump. And neither of those 2 new Mavs is any better than Carroll was when Masai dumped him..
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Need to know what the specific details on these picks are. This could make or break the trade for both teams
                          2021 unprotected, 2023 top 10 protected.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                            2021 unprotected, 2023 top 10 protected.
                            That could actually work out very well for New York if Porzingis ends up leaving in 2020

Dallas trading three of their next five first round picks is very risky
                            Last edited by 007; Thu Jan 31, 2019, 07:58 PM.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

That could actually work out very well for New York if Porzingis ends up leaving in 2020

Dallas trading three of their next five first round picks is very risky
                              i think doncic looks like a legit future MVP candidate and carlisle is an excellent coach, i don't see any way either of those picks are lottery unless his career is derailed by injuries (or unless those picks were acquired from other teams)

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                One more item few are mentioning is the $50 million the Mavs will have to pay THJ and Lee beyond this season. Nets got a late 1st and a good 2nd for taking Carroll's $30 million contract dump. And neither of those 2 new Mavs is any better than Carroll was when Masai dumped him..
                                Does it really matter though? KP and Luka are young and by the time they are really ready to contend, those other two will have expired. Dallas has to try and keep the books clear, outside of KP and Luka of course, so that they msy be able to afford someone of substance and some rotation pieces when those guys expire. In the meantime, THJ and Lee do bring something to the table that dallas can utilize.

Comment

Working...
                                X