2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't remember the Blue Jays making it to the finals (I could be wrong, don't watch baseball much). I don't really see a comparison if that's the case.

Raps need help but JV needs to play too. Bucks have been healthy all year.. lucky them.
    The Blue Jays were the most talented team in baseball after the trade. But unlike basketball, the best or most talented team in baseball doesn't always win.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Powell is shooting 40% from 3. Fred is shooting the exact same as Kawhi from 3. They are not part of the problem. Look at Lowry, miles, OG, Ibaka etc for that. But those 2 guys are actually bringing our average UP
      Problem is like 90% Lowry. He's too slow to beat guys off the dribble and too small to finish at the rim. His main scoring threat should be the 3-ball, and high volume at that. If he can't knock down 3's then the defense can just play the passing lanes and blow up our actions. Miles barely plays and he can be replaced with Powell, so that's no problem. OG is a low-volume bench guy. Ibaka isn't being used as a stretch. Lowry is killing us right now. He's playing like a smaller Rajan Rondo, without the finishing ability.

Comment

Biggest concern I have is with Ibaka. He gets a lot of opportunity in our offense and has bee inconsistent. Early on in the year he was on fire.. he's had some big games for us. But when he's off (and he's been off from 3 all year), it shows.

Serge had 3 days of rest but it looked like he was playing a B2B. JV will help I hope.. but if we're making a trade, I wouldn't really shed a tear if he was going the other way.
        Monroe is bad to the point where Ibaka has to play big minutes, he played 39 last game. JV coming back will definitely help him get more rest.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Monroe is bad to the point where Ibaka has to play big minutes, he played 39 last game. JV coming back will definitely help him get more rest.
          Healthy Ibaka would do wonders for this team. Glad he's not an all-star to be honest.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
            They remind me of the 2015 Blue Jays. AA traded for Donaldson before the season began. They were a good team. But it became evidently clear that they weren't good enough to compete in october. So what did AA do? he traded for Price, Tulowitzki, Hawkins, Revere....i'm sure i'm missing a couple more. But he completely overhauled the team. This is what needs to happen here.

Kawhi is Donaldson.
            The blue Jay's were 50-51 when they made those trades and went on a miracle run. Better comparison would be if miami or Charlotte acquired 2 or 3 impact guys at the deadline and went to the conf finals

Kemba is Donaldson.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The blue Jay's were 50-51 when they made those trades and went on a miracle run. Better comparison would be if miami or Charlotte acquired 2 or 3 impact guys at the deadline and went to the conf finals

Kemba is Donaldson.
              Donaldson was a former league MVP. Kemba is a borderline all star player.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Donaldson was a former league MVP. Kemba is a borderline all star player.
                And the Raptors are a top 5 team. The Blue Jays were supposed to miss the playoffs. So what's your point?

Comment

Kemba is Donaldson.
                  Comparisons with NBA are not good unfortunately.

Those recent teams form the latest points in a long-running pattern. Going back 30 years, less than half of the league’s finalists (26 of 60) have added even one player on an in-season trade at any point, at the deadline or earlier. And because most of those teams added players who either never appeared for them (like Sanchez) or rarely did so (like Daye), that proportion falls even further when limiting the results to only trade targets who actually, tangibly aided their new teams’ playoff runs.

Just 15 percent of finalists in the past 30 years (nine of 60) have added a player on an in-season trade who played in at least 20 minutes per playoff game. Here’s the entire list of those teams and their acquisitions:

2015 Cavaliers: Timofey Mozgov, Iman Shumpert, J.R. Smith
                  2009 Magic: Rafer Alston
                  2008 Lakers: Pau Gasol
                  2005 Spurs: Nazr Mohammed
                  2004 Pistons: Rasheed Wallace
                  2001 76ers: Dikembe Mutombo
                  1995 Rockets: Clyde Drexler
                  1994 Knicks: Derek Harper
                  1989 Pistons: Mark Aguirre

Only four of those nine teams won their championship series, the most recent being the 2005 Spurs, who won their title so long ago that James hadn’t even reached the playoffs yet. In other words, only four times in the past 30 years has the eventual champion added an impact player via midseason trade. It seems that even requiring a roster upgrade is, itself, disqualifying for potential title winners, and that (with few exceptions) a champion needs its rotation fully accounted for before a season begins.
                  https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2...ls-rarely-work
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

And the Raptors are a top 5 team. The Blue Jays were supposed to miss the playoffs. So what's your point?
                    Pretty obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. The Blue Jays were expected to make the playoffs and compete after the Donaldson trade. Heck people were expecting them to make the playoffs after the Dickey/Buehrle trade.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Pretty obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. The Blue Jays were expected to make the playoffs and compete after the Donaldson trade. Heck people were expecting them to make the playoffs after the Dickey/Buehrle trade.
                      I'm TRYING to talk about basketball. You're the one blathering on about Josh Donaldson and baseball that got me down this rabbit hole

Comment

I'm TRYING to talk about basketball. You're the one blathering on about Josh Donaldson and baseball that got me down this rabbit hole
                        Lol. You realize you don't have to reply right?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• it was more of this type of thing.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Biggest concern I have is with Ibaka. He gets a lot of opportunity in our offense and has bee inconsistent. Early on in the year he was on fire.. he's had some big games for us. But when he's off (and he's been off from 3 all year), it shows.

Serge had 3 days of rest but it looked like he was playing a B2B. JV will help I hope.. but if we're making a trade, I wouldn't really shed a tear if he was going the other way.
                            Man, Serge is like the last guy I would worry about. He’s been the most consistent player outside of Kawhi, Freen and JV.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

it was more of this type of thing.
                              Can we flip OG for the Skip? His leadership could be huge in the playoffs.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I don't know anything about Curling. So i'm not gonna act here and talk like i know what i'm talking about. Wonder what Keon thinks of McEwen? and his rocks or whatever that means.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X