• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Did Masai trade Malachi for AD yet?
    You're a savant....

Comment

• Stop this nonsense Out of Topic discussions as I dont have time to flip pages .

Going back to the thread title...

I just read that Raps can also send up to 5.24 million cash consideration to the team they are trading with.

Not sure if the Lakers had already use theirs?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Stop this nonsense Out of Topic discussions as I dont have time to flip pages .

Going back to the thread title...

I just read that Raps can also send up to 5.24 million cash consideration to the team they are trading with.

Not sure if the Lakers had already use theirs?
        Yes, every team has that much cash to trade. And Raps already received essentially their maximum in the Kawhi trade. Lakers have used 1.5M of their outgoing cash.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          You're a savant....

Better return then the knicks
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Its more like a hobby which encourages drinking. Id put with bowling and poker in terms of being a sport
            Isn't curling compared to chess, (or as people in the prairie provinces call it "curling without ice")?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Isn't curling compared to chess, (or as people in the prairie provinces call it "curling without ice")?
              naah curling without ice is crokinole.. another good drinking game

Comment

• Please move all curling talk to the Everything Derozan thread in the abandoned wasteland that is LET’S NBA.

(I haven’t been to LET’S NBA since September or thereabouts.)

Comment

• How do you make a curling curl?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yes, every team has that much cash to trade. And Raps already received essentially their maximum in the Kawhi trade. Lakers have used 1.5M of their outgoing cash.
                    https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ine-decisions/

Cash: Though not as highly publicized an asset, straight cash is a tool at the Raptors’ disposal as well. Each team has something called a Maximum Annual Cash Limit, which is an allocation of money determined by the salary cap that a team can use throughout the year before it resets.

This season, the number is $5.24 million and the Raptors have yet to use any of it, meaning they have all that additional money to facilitate a trade.
                    Could entice Demps too.

Lonzo Ball is not interested to play for the Pels so thats another factor in our favor.

Comment

• Just on Ibaka and the mention of his 3 point decline, I'd be more than happy to see him give the 3 up. Once hes inside a few extra steps his shot is so damn good, part of the reason for his rise this year. Last year he was just sitting on the outside shooting pretty inaccurately for the most part however now that we've got him inside, he's been so much more effective.

In terms of potential trades for AD, whilst I hope we keep JV as he's my favourite Raptor, would the loss of Ibaka hurt our locker room as it appears like he's a bit of a leader of the team.

And on another topic, would someone like Randolph be a but out option we could look at to replace Monroe? Rather low down the priority for a 3rd string player who is old and hasnt played any minutes this season, just wonder if he could be a cheap upgrade? No idea if he's looking to be brought out and what his game is like now.

Comment

• If Kyrie implodes and the Patriots lose this will be the best sports weekend ever.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          If Kyrie implodes and the Patriots lose this will be the best sports weekend ever.
                          what if the rams win and LA get AD? that would be a great weekend for LA and i dont know whats worst Boston fans or LA fans

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post
                            Just on Ibaka and the mention of his 3 point decline, I'd be more than happy to see him give the 3 up. Once hes inside a few extra steps his shot is so damn good, part of the reason for his rise this year. Last year he was just sitting on the outside shooting pretty inaccurately for the most part however now that we've got him inside, he's been so much more effective.

In terms of potential trades for AD, whilst I hope we keep JV as he's my favourite Raptor, would the loss of Ibaka hurt our locker room as it appears like he's a bit of a leader of the team.

And on another topic, would someone like Randolph be a but out option we could look at to replace Monroe? Rather low down the priority for a 3rd string player who is old and hasnt played any minutes this season, just wonder if he could be a cheap upgrade? No idea if he's looking to be brought out and what his game is like now.
                            I would rather send in Zainab or Keon to play the five over Zach Randolph at this point.

There are going to be a lot of interesting options emerging soon. I know the Knicks are talking like they'll keep DeAndre Jordan but if they buy him out he would be a good mobile big on a vet min, assuming he doesn't reunite with CP3 in Houston.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Problem is like 90% Lowry. He's too slow to beat guys off the dribble and too small to finish at the rim. His main scoring threat should be the 3-ball, and high volume at that. If he can't knock down 3's then the defense can just play the passing lanes and blow up our actions. Miles barely plays and he can be replaced with Powell, so that's no problem. OG is a low-volume bench guy. Ibaka isn't being used as a stretch. Lowry is killing us right now. He's playing like a smaller Rajan Rondo, without the finishing ability.
                              This is unfortunately true. I love Lowry based on his body of work as a player, but based on his recent play, we won't go as far as we aspire to, unless he recovers. A team need 8 good soldiers for a solid playoff rotation, 2 of which gotta be all-star caliber, 1 of which MVP caliber if you want to make the finals (aka "the big 3" so to speak). We're almost there, but not quite, and the X-factor is Lowry. A look at our 8, imo:

Kawhi - Could capitalize more when the opposing D collapses on him by finding the open man, but other than that, a machine on the defensive end and super productive on the offence. He's the only reason we have a hope in getting out of the East

Green - One of the best 3 & D players in the league, plus veteran presence you need in the post season

Ibaka - The least of our concerns, if at all. Averaging the highest ppg in his career, with solid rim protection. Ibaka is currently the player with the highest FG% from the right elbow zone in the whole league (this is from a graph someone pasted, which btw also shows Kawhi as being the top FG% from the left short corner, and Green the best from the right corner 3). Not shooting the 3 great anymore, but he's a centre now and that less important then when he played PF. Serge has had a double-double over the past 5 games and led the team in scoring multiple times this season.He's doing his part, we won''t get any more from him.Will have off nights like everyone else but he's playing without a real backup now.

Siakam -breakout season, MIP, all star level.

JV - This recent stretch of play we had without him says it all. We need him back badly. Efficient scorer, great rebounder and screen setter that doesn't shrink in the playoffs.

FVV - One of the few players you still believe the ball is gonna go in when he shoots (doing close to 37% from 3), former 6MOTY candidate, will always hustle on defence. Had his struggles, but much like JV, not afraid of big games

Norm - Becoming a really good 3 & D player. Responsible on D, now the second best 3pt shooter on this team after green at 40%. All that without losing the explosiveness around the rim and strong driving game. Needs more minutes.

Lowry - The 7 guys above to me have been really well rounded and that could be your playoff rotation. But they need Lowry. He got the all-star nod but that was based on his September/October play and from prior years. He needs to be at real all-star level of play in the playoffs in order to reach the finals, and now he's not, so he's the big x-factor. He started the year at a high level, got injured and never recovered. When you have to lay down in between quarters and every time you're on the bench because of a bad back it doesn't look good.

Not worried about Miles, OG or even Delon. In the big picture these guys will be very low usage in the playoffs, so there's no point in dwelling on their ups & downs. Miles probably won't even play. Delon & OG will probably just need to hold the fort for short spurts for the other 8, they won't impact the fortunes of the team one way or the other. It's Lowry's play that will determine everything.
                              Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Feb 1, 2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• If we get lucky to acquire AD then the trickle effect will happen with the flood gates being wide open for Masai to lure candidates wanting to play for a Championship contender.

With one roster spot currently available and possibly two more post AD trade, we may end up with a legit Superstar and an additional three point shooter and a rebounder from the buy out Market

(AD plus 1 for 4 Raptors players)

Comment

Working...
                                X