No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still hoping Dell hates AD and the Lakers/lebron tampering enough to send him anywhere but there, regardless of the pkg they offer ....

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
      Mirotic would be great. Lowe was saying to keep an eye out of Dwight Powell out of Dallas as a potential buyout candidate as well. He would be sick too. Move OG back to SF. It would be nice.
      Why would Powell be a buyout candidate? Mavs aren't exactly deep at C with Jordan gone.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Seems two phone calls now with Dell and Magic today...

Brad Turner:

Im sad
        This is all BS, these guys have ZERO idea whats happening. All speculation and hype.

Comment

• As for this whole debacle, and how it pertains to the Raptors.

Anthony Davis is a good player, but he isn't better or more valuable then 4-5 core players from any team. I thought more about it, and Davis isn't even all that much better than Siakam, Siakam is just skimming the surface of what he might be.

For a rental, no fucking way I want that guy, not if it means losing Toronto's best up and coming player, the second best in OG, our PG depth while our main guys is shitting the bed, and our back up center depth. Thats fucking insane actually.

The Matthews signing is what Toronto needs, they were already, until recently, the best in the East as is. Gutting the team for Davis..... creates the Pelicans of the North.

Toronto needs ot look elsewhere...i.e. find a way to scoop someone nobody thought of while nobody is looking....

Comment

• I don't buy that New Orleans would say no to offers for Jrue. He would help erase a lot of problems in the short and long term that I would be surprised if Masai and Bobby haven't inquired. Imagine a Lowry-Jrue-Green-Kawhi-Siakam closing line-up. That's pretty legit.

Comment

• Why would they lose Jrue?
              They are going to get a plethora f decent players and prospects, they think they will be instantly relevant. And they are right.

Comment

• Im in agreement now after thinking about it for awhile too. Pascal got outplayed but he was into Davis’ grill pretty good maybe it was a preseason or first game reg ssn. I know Davis got 20 boards that one game but ya Pascal is just getting started. Hes a super good guy who might stick around instead of be drawn to bright lights. I have a feeling MU feels the same way and didnt include him.

Some minor tweeks including a shooter and if Lowry and the rest get in sync Im confident playing anyone no matter where Davis ends up. If he was open to an extension itd be a different story. Lock him and Kawhi up and we’d have time to get it all together for awhile.

But ya not worth a whole team

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  ...Lock him and Kawhi up and we’d have time to get it all together for awhile.

But ya not worth a whole team
                  The whole point of getting AD is to encourage Kawhi to stay. If Davis is here for two playoff runs, Kawhi has to think seriously about resigning for 1 + 1, player option for 2019 - 2020. Or accept the max next season and give it another shot, with Masai understanding that if it doesn't work, Kawhi is on his way out.

Then, if it doesn't work out, Masai would have two pieces he can deal next February for any two teams looking to add a major piece. That could be a lot of picks, young prospects or allstars from teams looking to upgrade for a finals run.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Why would they lose Jrue?
                    They are going to get a plethora f decent players and prospects, they think they will be instantly relevant. And they are right.
                    I get that logic and I'm with you. I'm going based on the reports that have been surfacing the past weeks leading up to last week in which it seemed that the Pelicans wanted an overhaul. Mirotic, Frazier, Moore,Holiday,Randle, Strawberry Smoothie... you name it. Last week was when the flip flopping started on that stance because of AD's announcement. Make of it what you will but I'm personally leaning more towards they want a rebuild and this is their time to clean up.

I'm thinking that Toronto could potentially keep OG +Siakam (more realistically OG will be in any deal but hey, it's Masai) and more importantly, give the Pelican a whole ton of 1 or 2 year contracts they can easily dump. We're going to realistically think about replacing Lowry at some point and if we can snatch Holiday up, that makes life a lot easier down the line.

Comment

• I am surprised that the Memphis players Gasol & Conley have not been mentioned here. I caught a segment of NBAtv yesterday where one of the pundits mentioned Toronto showing interest in Gasol (always been a personal favourite)..

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I am surprised that the Memphis players Gasol & Conley have not been mentioned here. I caught a segment of NBAtv yesterday where one of the pundits mentioned Toronto showing interest in Gasol (always been a personal favourite)..
                        Conley makes $30M a year, Gasol $24M. If Memphis is trading either / both as part of a rebuild, then they'd want expiring contracts for matching salary - Raptors don't fit that bill

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          I am surprised that the Memphis players Gasol & Conley have not been mentioned here. I caught a segment of NBAtv yesterday where one of the pundits mentioned Toronto showing interest in Gasol (always been a personal favourite)..
                          Memphis held on to them for too long. A couple of years ago Gasol made sense. But Memphis decided to ride them to the ground, so now all they're gonna get is likely some small residual value for them.

Gasol is 34 now and has been really injury prone. Took a quick look on HoopsHype and just over the past 3 months: he hurt his back (to the point of actually limiting mobility), lost feeling in his shooting hand, hurt his ankle (beyond a common sprain), and also had a neck/shoulder injury. If you look beyond the 3 months, there's another back injury, separate from the most recent one.

I don't think Memphis ever played Gasol against his will, but like, they had these two guys for 10yrs playing a ground-and-pound grinding style of ball, always refusing to listen to trade offers for them, and now that they're old and banged up they finally wanna move them? I'd say no, thanks.

Comment

• Comment

• Solomon Hill didn't play too
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Not a terrible offer by the Lakers, but its basically AD for role players (maybe good role players, but I don't think any are potential allstars).

Comment

Working...
                                X