2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Hard to read the language here even after watching the video. Is he asking for 4 first round picks and then 2nd round picks? Or four picks (maybe two first round, 2 second round)?
    I think it's 4 first round picks plus an unnamed number of 2nd round picks. With LeBron and Davis, you'd expect the 1st rounders to all be in the late 20's, so they are of limited value.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Seems like Demps is taking a page out of Masais book, from when he traded Carmelo. He's taking full advantage of the mutual desire from both parties to get a deal done. Wouldn't be surprised if Josh Hart is the next "Oh ya, and ..." after they cave on the additional Picks.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I took it as a combination of 4 picks.. so potentially 3 firsts and 1 second. If it was 4 firsts and 4 seconds that would be insane.
        This is how I read it as well. But I guess it could be either/or.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I took it as a combination of 4 picks.. so potentially 3 firsts and 1 second. If it was 4 firsts and 4 seconds that would be insane.
          Woj used the term "historic." I don't that means a pair of 20-something picks and a pair of 50-something picks.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Woj used the term "historic." I don't that means a pair of 20-something picks and a pair of 50-something picks.
            It's Dell Demps though.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                It's Dell Demps though.
                Oh, it may well end up there, that's just not the current ask.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  It's Dell Demps though.
                  masai is gonna get him for serge + OG + conditional 1st round picks.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                    I’m surprised so many people are on board for selling the farm for a one-year shot at a championship.

Anthony Davis is going to be a Laker by July 2020, probably sooner. Does anyone believe he has any intention of signing anywhere else? Toronto wasn’t even on his supposed list of rental destinations. Lebron and Rich Paul will have their say.

I’m less confident about Kawhi. He’s so inscrutable that there may be a chance he actually ends up liking Toronto and the potential of some of the young guys enough to take the big contract and stay. Even that, though, is a long shot. He’s much more likely gone this summer.

So the way I see it, you guys either really believe both these guys would resign in TO despite how highly unlikely it is, or you are actually looking forward to a rebuild starting with the likes of Fred and Norm. Even if you’re ok with that sad outcome, would you really be proud of one single championship bought with the best players brought up in the system over the past 5 years? Not my style of fandom. That wou”d be worse that what people blame KD for in GS and what Bosh, Lebron and Wade started in Miami.
                    Nope, I would be so upset at how we acquired our players via trade that I would stop watching for that year, and forget we ever won a championship. That banner would be a disgrace to our history. Ew. Only option to keep grinding with fun, hard fought 2nd round exits.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Nope, I would be so upset at how we acquired our players via trade that I would stop watching for that year, and forget we ever won a championship. That banner would be a disgrace to our history. Ew. Only option to keep grinding with fun, hard fought 2nd round exits.
                      Dude, you’re one of the biggest KD haters on this board. But I’m not that surprised that you don’t see the corollary.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• I'm not going to be elitist or purist about how we get championships. Last time Bucks won championship was 1971. And haven't been in Finals since. That's a whole lifetime. I'm not going to be picky
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Dude, you’re one of the biggest KD haters on this board. But I’m not that surprised that you don’t see the corollary.
                          I'm not following the logic here either and I have no extra hate on KD vs. what Lebron did in going to the Heat. Seems like apples and oranges comparison.

In acquiring AD, Masai would be making a consolidation trade to upgrade high end talent for medium level depth. It's basically what Ainge did to acquire KG in a 7-for-1 trade. Ainge is still being hailed as a genius for that.

And anybody worried about "gutting the team" or "losing depth" should remember that 7-for-1 Celtics trade. Gutting the team had no impact whatsoever on the Celtics - that depth was easily replaceable. Seems like it's more about you falling in love with our homegrown talent and following their journey, like they're your own kids, win or lose. A GM can't fall in love with their own players if the mandate is winning.

Comment

I gave it a couple seconds of thought, and the only similarities or parallels i could find was "team acquires star". After that I see no similarities between what kd chose to do and Raptors possibly acquiring Davis. Perhaps I'm not looking from the correct angle
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I’m surprised so many people are on board for selling the farm for a one-year shot at a championship.

Anthony Davis is going to be a Laker by July 2020, probably sooner. Does anyone believe he has any intention of signing anywhere else? Toronto wasn’t even on his supposed list of rental destinations. Lebron and Rich Paul will have their say.

I’m less confident about Kawhi. He’s so inscrutable that there may be a chance he actually ends up liking Toronto and the potential of some of the young guys enough to take the big contract and stay. Even that, though, is a long shot. He’s much more likely gone this summer.

So the way I see it, you guys either really believe both these guys would resign in TO despite how highly unlikely it is, or you are actually looking forward to a rebuild starting with the likes of Fred and Norm. Even if you’re ok with that sad outcome, would you really be proud of one single championship bought with the best players brought up in the system over the past 5 years? Not my style of fandom. That wou”d be worse that what people blame KD for in GS and what Bosh, Lebron and Wade started in Miami.
                              Like you said...we're not even on his list of preferred destinations and we've been one of the best and most stable franchises for the last 5-6 years. Whether it's because we're not a year round warm climate city or because we're not in the states, Toronto isn't going to be the first option for top tier free agents. If you want a championship then you have to acquire those players by any means necessary.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Like you said...we're not even on his list of preferred destinations and we've been one of the best and most stable franchises for the last 5-6 years. Whether it's because we're not a year round warm climate city or because we're not in the states, Toronto isn't going to be the first option for top tier free agents. If you want a championship then you have to acquire those players by any means necessary.
                                Most analysts are saying that those 3 extra teams were selected by Rich Paul because they either didn't have the assets to acquire AD (Bucks) or they were keeping cap-space open for somebody else (Clippers/Kawhi & Knicks/KD/Kyrie). In other words, Rich Paul's list was BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X