2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    My head's spinning. To recap, after the trade deadline, our starting lineup will be:

Conley
    Green
    Kawhi
    Siakam
    Gasol

Bench: Who needs a bench?
    I thought it was gonna be Conley, Beal, Kawhi, Davis, Gasol??

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Yeah as then there would be no bench left for sure.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Thx, I forgot. And the bench will be John Wall.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Lmao yeah let's compare dRTGs with JV playing against benches for 20mpg and Gasol starting every game. Terrible fucking analysis mate.

Him accepting the PO works with our timeline lmfao. JV has 2 years left on his deal as well.
          JV has started a third of the game he’s played, and the lineups are muddier than that. Don’t condescend, you know he’s played plenty of minutes against starters.

If Kawhi leaves, we do not want Gasol on this team. JV is a better asset and a younger player making him a far more valuable player for masai’s timeline.

Finally, you don’t have to be an ass hole when people disagree with you.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            JV’s defensive rating is 100.6, Gasol’s defensive rating is 105. He will definitely accept the player option as well. If you watch the games (yes I have watched a handful of Memphis games) he definitely looks his age. There are games he looks great then other games he can’t turn his head.
            Conley would be fine. He's underrated by people cause they don't see him play. You give him a guy like Kawhi and he'll be even better - he's never had that in Memphis. Gasol I am less excited about. He's still a solid player but he's visibly slowed this season and he's been very inconsistent but at least some of that is the fact he's asked to carry a big load in Memphis and he wouldn't have to in Toronto with Leonard, Siakam et al.

I would be fine with this trade if it's real but it sounds like a garbage rumour to me.

Comment

JV has started a third of the game he’s played, and the lineups are muddier than that. Don’t condescend, you know he’s played plenty of minutes against starters.

If Kawhi leaves, we do not want Gasol on this team. JV is a better asset and a younger player making him a far more valuable player for masai’s timeline.

Finally, you don’t have to be an ass hole when people disagree with you.
              Maury, didn't you know that the more someone posts LMFAO and LMAO at others, then the more everybody values their opinion and really wants to listen to them....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Conley would be fine. He's underrated by people cause they don't see him play. You give him a guy like Kawhi and he'll be even better - he's never had that in Memphis. Gasol I am less excited about. He's still a solid player but he's visibly slowed this season and he's been very inconsistent but at least some of that is the fact he's asked to carry a big load in Memphis and he wouldn't have to in Toronto with Leonard, Siakam et al.

I would be fine with this trade if it's real but it sounds like a garbage rumour to me.
                I agree. Conley would be a good fit, but hiss contract is worrying especially if Kawhi leaves. He also seems to be injury prone and Kyle is the emotional leader of this team and I don’t think it would be good for the team if he’s traded despite all the concerns of the current chemistry.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Maury, didn't you know that the more someone posts LMFAO and LMAO at others, then the more everybody values their opinion and really wants to listen to them....
                  I forgot that if you want to be right you just have to condescend. I’ll try that next time.

Comment

• He said / He said. As mentioned above, TSN is running with it while their main basketball reporter (JLew) tweets "nothing to see here". Should be an interesting Lowry scrum tonight. Valanciunas will be funny. Lowry will be....Lowry.

Comment

• how about LOWRY + IBAKA + 2nd for GASOL AND CONLEY
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Btw...if Woj or Shams didn't tweet it, it hasn't happened.

Comment

• I'm torn on Lowry.

He came into camp with a bit of a "me against the world" attitude, all because DeRozan got traded. Not gonna lie, it rubbed me the wrong way.

Then he started the season on fucking fire, and all the previous stuff was forgotten.

Now, he's been slumping for the better part of 2 months, and his ailing back is showing no signs of improving. That's a big red flag.

I think I could be talked into a Lowry for Conley swap. But not sure why Memphis would do that.
                          Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Feb 5, 2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I agree. Conley would be a good fit, but hiss contract is worrying especially if Kawhi leaves. He also seems to be injury prone and Kyle is the emotional leader of this team and I don’t think it would be good for the team if he’s traded despite all the concerns of the current chemistry.
                            You have to take any post-Kawhi considerations out of the equation. Nothing that happens is about next year. It is all about the next 28 games and playoffs.

Comment

• Comment

I don't know if the team has an emotional leader anymore. Kyle is pissed off at the franchise and is just playing for his professional reputation at this point. His heart is in San Antonio. Kawhi never wanted to be here and emotion isn't exactly his thing. Nurse has no presence and doesn't come across as a motivator type .... you can see it in the Open Gym episodes. 1-2-3 Raps! What kind of lame rallying cry is that? Ibaka might be the closest thing we have to an emotional leader right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X