2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Actually you know who could really use him? Last year's coach of the year who's currently in 9th place.

Lowry saved his job the first time around, why not another?

Toronto gets Mike Conley.
    Detroit gets Kyle Lowry
    Memphis gets Reggie Jackson, Jon Leur and a FRP from Detroit

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7duc6gd
    im on board with this. plus memphis can do the deal with Charlotte and still facilitate this
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Meh. I trust Grange over some rando.

Lowry/JV for Conley/Gasol isn't a Masai type trade. Too lateral. Makes more sense that Memphis would be leaking to drive up value. Especially after that Marshon/Dillon Brooks nonsense; Wallace isn't on the level.
      Grizzlies, smh. Leading Masai adding Delon + a 1st? Really?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Damn Charlotte could easily be our 1st round opponent and they're making themselves a tougher out
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Grizzlies, smh. Leading Masai adding Delon + a 1st? Really?
          I didn't say they were smart.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

• "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• The only name that hasn't come up in trade talks is the guy who helped Leberon kill the Raps.... Kevin Love.
                He checks a couple of we could be better boxes in rebounding and 3 point shooting....

Its a hypothetical.. but who and what might be sent back for Kevin Love from your Toronto Raptors ?
                He is making 30M$.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  The only name that hasn't come up in trade talks is the guy who helped Leberon kill the Raps.... Kevin Love.
                  He checks a couple of we could be better boxes in rebounding and 3 point shooting....

Its a hypothetical.. but who and what might be sent back for Kevin Love from your Toronto Raptors ?
                  He is making 30M$.
                  potential 2020 waivers pick-up

Comment

• I thought love is under the knife right about now

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      The only name that hasn't come up in trade talks is the guy who helped Leberon kill the Raps.... Kevin Love.

He is making 30M$.
                      Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      I thought love is under the knife right about now
                      Love has been practising but I doubt he plays before the deadline. He also is a one-way player and I'm not sure we can hide him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, it feels like a classic lateral move. Unless there's some other stuff that's going on around the team that we don't have access to.
                        What a bullshit rumor. From a pure basketball perspective, this a terrible move on its own, unless there are more elements we're not seeing. Gasol is now old and riddled with injuries. Conley's contract is not good, also injury prone (though not as much as Gasol) and he's not young either. And they're even daring to mention picks? Screw that.

The rumor itself whether true or not is pure poison.. If true, then they gotta do something and not back-out, and if not true, come out really clearly to the guys confirming it was total bullshit, and just Memphis fishing. If they just leave it hanging it's too disruptive to the locker room.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          What a bullshit rumor. From a pure basketball perspective, this a terrible move on its own, unless there are more elements we're not seeing. Gasol is now old and riddled with injuries. Conley's contract is not good, also injury prone (though not as much as Gasol) and he's not young either. And they're even daring to mention picks? Screw that.

The rumor itself whether true or not is pure poison.. If true, then they gotta do something and not back-out, and if not true, come out really clearly to the guys confirming it was total bullshit, and just Memphis fishing. If they just leave it hanging it's too disruptive to the locker room.
                          Seems to be a dirty negation tactic by the grizz. The raps might have called to see what they were asking for the two and Memphis immediately leaked to jack up the price. Masai might not have even mentioned any names. Grizz probably just made up some imaginary offer.. After all they didnt know which brooks they were trading earlier this season so nothing would surprise me from this FO. Either way if im the raps im pissed at grizz and need to set the record straight with lowry. But who knows if lowry believes this. This might just sow the seeds of mistrust kyle has for masai.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• LOL guys this was obvious market rigging by the Grizzlies. No way the Raps would even have offered the original rumour, let alone added a pick and Wright.

I could see Conley being a pickup to add to Lowry rather than replace him. But with the term left on his deal, I'd think the Raps would need to get a sweetheart deal to pull the trigger. Something like FVV, Powell, Miles for Conley. Will almost certainly not be enough, unless the market is dead.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Itll be interesting to see how quickly Memphis rebuilds. JJJ is the real deal, if they can get another legit piece from a Conely/Gasol trade they could be a playoff team in a couple years.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                I thought love is under the knife right about now
                                but his face is fiiiiineee

Comment

Working...
                                X