No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally i don't really see any realistic big trade that will increase the odds of Leonard staying this summer.

I don't think he's going to leave because we didn't trade for a severely declining Marc Gasol. He'll stay because we gave him the reigns on the floor and managed his physical condition well, or he'll leave because he wants to play in LA. I don't know if reaching the ECF / Finals is as big of a factor as we're making it out to be.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Damn. Philly is really good now. Ugh!
      That's what everyone said when they got Butler. Now already February, and they're still 5th seed, as close to Brooklyn/Charlotte as they are to Milwaukee. Good trade for them though, they will be more dangerous if they manage to put it together on the court.

Comment

• The knock on philly before was they had no depth. They still have no depth. This doesn’t make them any better than us nor do I think Harris really moves the needle that much for them.

Mike Scott and Bobi are solid depth pieces but they are still thin and need more three point shooting. Nothing has really changed.

Comment

• Wild overreactions by some on here to the Philly trade. Raps are still a matchup nightmare for them. As for the rest, There is only one ball. Pretty clear the current trio was having issues with that and now they are adding another wing scorer to the mix. It might work but they still have no depth or shooting. No need to run around with your hair on fire.

Comment

• Interesting that the Clippers and 76ers both got whooped by the Raptors before they made this deal.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              That's what everyone said when they got Butler. Now already February, and they're still 5th seed, as close to Brooklyn/Charlotte as they are to Milwaukee. Good trade for them though, they will be more dangerous if they manage to put it together on the court.
              The East still goes Bucks, Raps, Celts and Sixers. Philly isn't beating any of those teams in 7 games. I'm not sure it's a good trade. It's a lot to give up to run in place. And, no one above them has made their moves yet.

Comment

• Hot take: Mon Jan 28th, 2019

c-troop wrote: View Post
                Harris, SAG, Harrell and a 2019 1st Rnd Pick + whatever else NO asks for honestly.

- Harris would be a solid starting SF/PF beside Julius Randle PF/C

- SAG will be the backup PG for Jrue Holiday next season allowing NO to clean up their cap situation this offseason and let all their 1-year rental PGs go

- Montrezl Harrell is Pascal Siakam statistically... https://bit.ly/2RSpOls

+ a 2019 First Round Draft pick

Compare that to what we have and the Lakers have:
                Harris> Kuzma > OG
                Harrell = Siakam > Ingram
                SAG = FVV/Wright = Lonzo
                1st Round Pick > JV > KCP

Now, JV could be the deal breaker, yet it really depends how high Demps & co. value a 1st. The Clippers have the pieces to build a competitive package, and if they pull it off, we can all say goodbye to Kawhi ASAP.
                Pelicans get: Gallinari, SAG, Harrell, the 1st round Miami pick + 1st round Philly pick + whatever Clippers' picks N.O. wants
                Clippers get: A.D. + Solomon Hill

"Lebron James, the LA Laker, would be the LA Clippers little bitch in the highly televised, world famous, city of Los Angeles California. He would be second best in his own city on a team that failed to bring in Kawhi and pry away AD. James would be stuck babysitting Lavars son + his buddies." ... who hate his guts now. - C-Troop
                Last edited by c-troop; Wed Feb 6, 2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Fuck Sixers are stacked now.
                  And clippers have room for 2 max spots and assets for a trade. They're gonna make a run at ad and go for kawhi in FA. Fucking Jerry west man.

If I'm kawhi, I dont really see the point of staying with Raptors. Our 2nd best player is getting older and getting worse. Salary cap will be hell if kawhi and Lowry stay and the competition is getting much better.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    Mmm. Conley has shot better from 3 this year, over the career Conley is ahead by 1%. eFG% of both players about the same this year. PIPM about the same (Lowry a bit ahead but barely). Lowry better in assists/playmaking and rebounds, but not by much. Per 36min career numbers of FT%, 2P%,, PPG (16.6 Lowry/16.2 Conley) and blocks are about the same, steals actually identical at 1.6. Lowry is a scrappy, good defender on switches and draws a lot charges, but Conley is not bad either. Both solid, underrated PG's , both took their teams to the conference finals once in their careers. Both kinda injury prone and north of 30, making roughly the same. Meh.
                    Im not comparing careers. Im comparing this season alone. This season Conley has out played Lowry. Simply just better player this year so far.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Pretty savvy chess move by the Clippers:

1. First and foremost, after trading their best player (Harris) they will fall out of the playoff race and keep their 1st round pick this year, which would have conveyed. That's huge.
                      2. They acquire the necessary draft picks and a young asset (Shamet) to make a godfather offer to the Pelicans for AD - who will sign a long-term deal with them..... supposedly. They still have a bunch of expirings to provide cap relief.
                      3. They arm the Sixers with a few weapons to potentially knock out their primary competition for Kawhi in the off-season.

Eff the Logo.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        The Kawhi trade will never look bad in a million years. This team was going nowhere with Derozan.
                        Well if we get bounced in the 2nd round. What was the point? Gave up on two propects(if you consider the pick) fot what exactly?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We are one reliable scorer away from being a contender. Harris is the caliber of player we should be targetting but that’s a steep price to pay.

Conley and Gasol are not the answer IMO. And I don’t think Masai they are Masai guys, this is totally coming from Memphis

Comment

• the sixers are still not a problem for this team.

Comment

• I think they just got a ton better. The gap is a lot smaller now

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                the sixers are still not a problem for this team.
                                Yeah. Wilson Chandler's usage was an absurdly low 11%, with Butler & Embiid still grumbling about the offense. It's going to be tough for the Sixers to get value out of Harris in the starting lineup and still keep everybody else happy. TBH, the best solution for Philly would be to have Butler anchor the bench as a 6th man, but hell freezes over before that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X