2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think it's silly to be smug and write them off when they are experiencing the very same issues building chemistry that you have been complaining about for our team.

It's hard integrating a new high-usage star. But adding two all-stars is nothing to scoff at. Brown is a good coach and if he can get them to buy in down the stretch they can be a problem for anyone in the East, including us.
    Probably colored by my view of Harris - I don't see him as the player some do. I don't think he makes them that much better but I could absolutely be wrong.

The qualifier is that none of the other eastern contenders have made moves as of yet and we still have the buyout market as well where teams can fill gaps.

Comment

• On the brightside, Thon Maker was a big Thorn against the Raptors everytime they play the Bucks.

But Stanley Johnson is a good pairing with George Hill and Tony Snell especially on defense.

He however is an off the grid pick up for the Bucks especially with their three point shooting scheme this season. He is a fugly 28% 3 point shooter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        What's Casey going to do without his Lebron Stopper?
        Turning him into a Kawhi Stopper, apparently. Johnson really sucks at shooting, though, except his 1 podium game against us early in the season. Don't really understand the fit in Bud's system, unless it was a move to get a disgruntled Maker out of there.

Comment

• As far as the Sixers is concerned, Tobias is a ball movement stopper. I dont think that gives the Sixers an edge with Embiid also needing the ball.

I just hope they dont get the Wizards Mike Scott

Overall still a good pick up to lessen the load of Joel.

Still the X factor is Butler. He becomes a monster in the playoffs

Comment

• Kevin O'Connor at the Ringer has a trade column:
            https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/2...ine-news-notes

Some tid bits:

- Grizzlies are in talks to send Gasol to the Hornets for Biyombo, MKG and a protected first (the protection on the first is the holdup)
            - Kings and Pistons inquired about Gasol
            - Raptors offered Lowry/JV for Gasol and Conley, but as of Tuesday its unlikely to happen.
            - Jazz are interested in Conley for a Rubio/Favors/FRP package.
            - Rockets are interested in trading Knight/Chriss for JaMychal Green and Garrett Temple
            - Raptors, Rockets, Warriors and 76ers are interested in a Matthews buyout
            - Knicks might hold on to DeAndre as he's friends with KD
            - Hawks are trying to find new homes for Lin and Dedmon but have been unsuccessful (76ers had interest in Dedmon)
            - Thunder have interest in Burks
            - Wizards might explore deals on Ariza. Lakers had interest
            - Vucevic doesn't seem to be available but should be
            - Boston probably won't move Rozier
            - Pacers might move one of Joseph or Collison
            - Kings have expiring contracts to try and make a deal for Otto Porter.. so far no traction
            - Wayne Ellington is available
            - Mirotic and Moore are available

Comment

• I would be very disappointed if Ujiri stands pat without addressing three point shooting.

Unless he shocks the world by acquiring AD or another legit scorer (Beal)

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                I would be very disappointed if Ujiri stands pat without addressing three point shooting.

or AD and Beal without giving up Lowry/Leonard/Siakam/OG/Serge/Danny G

Comment

I would be very disappointed if Ujiri stands pat without addressing three point shooting.

Masai is going to stand pat.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

No way Wizards trade Beal and it looks unlikely Davis will be traded before the summer
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The move by the Clippers is like opening the gates wide open to welcome Kawhi home. No more allegiance to their plan B Tobias in case Kawhi stays close to the freezer. Significant picks and a cap room with the idea that Kawhi can freely choose who to take with him under the bright lights of Hollywood, Palm Trees and 60-70 degree Fahrenheit weather in the winter.

Masai standing pat would be stupid especially all the narrative why he fired Casey and trading his most loyal soldier for a sniff of Larry O.

Comment

• Oh my god, guys, this trade changes nothing for the Raps.

Philly is not significantly better. A little better, sure. But they are more than a little worse than the Raps. Talking like the Raps are not one of the top two teams in the East is silly.

The Clippers potential to pitch Kawhi on pairing with a star is also unchanged by this trade. Maybe they can get in on the AD talks, but reports are they weren't that interested in those talks and even if they do, pitching Kawhi on AD is not necessarily a better pitch than pitching him on picking his partner.

Nothing changed. And yet, panic. Come on guys.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sixers might also add Wesley Matthews in buyout
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Oh my god, guys, this trade changes nothing for the Raps.

Philly is not significantly better. A little better, sure. But they are more than a little worse than the Raps. Talking like the Raps are not one of the top two teams in the East is silly.

The Clippers potential to pitch Kawhi on pairing with a star is also unchanged by this trade. Maybe they can get in on the AD talks, but reports are they weren't that interested in those talks and even if they do, pitching Kawhi on AD is not necessarily a better pitch than pitching him on picking his partner.

Nothing changed. And yet, panic. Come on guys.
                            Of course, The Game still have to be played on the court. 7 game series/ taking 4 out of 7/ 3 rounds before the big dance.

Bucks
                            Raps
                            Sixers
                            Celts
                            Indiana*

in any order for the first four

But Masai still has to address three point shooting

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Sixers might also add Wesley Matthews in buyout
                              This is one instance where having a lot of mediocre depth can work against you. When these buyout guys are looking for teams to play, they want minutes. They look at a stacked bench on the Raptors and see no guaranteed minutes there.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Sixers might also add Wesley Matthews in buyout
                                He’s gonna be a hot commodity, lots of teams will be in on him assuming he is bought out
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X