2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Warming up to the idea of Conley for Lowry. I always thought of him as just a floor general, but checking his stats and I didn't realize Conley's had 30 games over 20pts this year and 13 times over 25pts. That's exactly the kind of consistent scoring we need from one of our starting guard spots. He's just as good a floor general as Lowry and Conley is much better defensively. He's a year and half younger than Lowry, which becomes significant once you get over 30. The extra year at 30M is scary, but what free agents are we getting to come here with cap space anyway?

They're pretty much doppelgangers, with Conley being the better scorer/defender and not showing obvious signs of decline like Lowry yet.
    I thought they completely nixed that. I believe it was Stein or someone who said it wasn't happening.

Comment

• Its valley of Valanciunas
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Yeah let's get racist and assume he was on drugs of some kind and couldn't possibly have had an actual accident.
        There it is. Somehow you were able to pull an accusation of racism out of your ass.

Comment

• The Freak 43 last night. Bucks 50 in the 1Q and 83 at the half. 277 total points in the game, what is this the AS game?

Anthony Davis was sat out the Pels game again, looks like they're still open to trading him if they're not taking any chance of him getting injured.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            The Freak 43 last night. Bucks 50 in the 1Q and 83 at the half. 277 total points in the game, what is this the AS game?

Anthony Davis was sat out the Pels game again, looks like they're still open to trading him if they're not taking any chance of him getting injured.
            Warriors put up 141 on the Spurs too.

I think AD sits out the rest of the year. The last rumour I read on the matter was that NO was going to get a new GM in the summer and that new GM will orchestrate the trade for Davis. Makes sense.

If NY gets the #1 pick for example, I could see that as a better trade chip than anything the Lakers can offer. And they can create a bidding war between those two teams and Boston.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              The way Masai has tried to trade him the last few years you don't think JV would be gone by now if there were offers? I mean he's of a higher caliber than Gasol and Ibaka right? Surely there must have been some decent offers.
              Yes, he is of higher caliber than M. Gasol and Ibaka, which means that the return needs to be higher too. There is no point for Masai to trade him for the heck of it, if he doesn't get a player as good or better in return.

Also, I have no idea what Masai tried or what was offered, and neither do you.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                Yes, he is of higher caliber than M. Gasol and Ibaka, which means that the return needs to be higher too. There is no point for Masai to trade him for the heck of it, if he doesn't get a player as good or better in return.

Also, I have no idea what Masai tried or what was offered, and neither do you.
                No he's not. The only things he's better than either of them at are screen setting and rebounding.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  How is that racist? White guys can get high on drugs too.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This.

I was watching that game. Mavs officials informed Barnes that he got traded to Sac but Barnes chose to stay in the bench.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      There it is. Somehow you were able to pull an accusation of racism out of your ass.
                      everything is racist these days xD

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                        This.

I was watching that game. Mavs officials informed Barnes that he got traded to Sac but Barnes chose to stay in the bench.

Also want to add, Barnes handled it all with class.

LeBron on the other hand as usual was trying to stir shit up.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

No he's not. The only things he's better than either of them at are screen setting and rebounding.
                          JV is better at almost everything except passing. His numbers are close to gasol across the board with a little more than half the minutes. Not to mention JV has several years left in the L

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            JV is better at almost everything except passing. His numbers are close to gasol across the board with a little more than half the minutes. Not to mention JV has several years left in the L
                            No he isn't. He's only better at rebounding and setting screens.

Comment

Do you want to go back to the numbers? Who has the better offensive rating and defensive rating? Can’t remember.

Comment

Leaving aside just how crucial those two things are for this team, that statement might have been true a few years ago but sure ain't now.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X