2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    No hes not bad but JVs 13/7/1 in 19 mins per game (compared to Gasols 34mpg) isnt bad either
    Those per X minute stats get difficult to read into. I remember when Spurs had Boban Marjanovic and he was a per 36 minute GOD. Then he left and sucked.

Comment

• gasol has been pretty bad since last season already. if you're trading for him now you better hope he had just given up on the grizzlies.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        I also feel people are forgetting how bad Lowry plays in the playoffs (I could look up stats, but I'm lazy AF right now).
        .086 WS/48 in the playoffs for his career. Below league average. Keep in mind during the regular season with us his WS/48 is usually approaching or around .200. He's a fucking playoff fraud and he plays in the damn east.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          .086 WS/48 in the playoffs for his career. Below league average. Keep in mind during the regular season with us his WS/48 is usually approaching or around .200. He's a fucking playoff fraud and he plays in the damn east.
          and yet you want gasol who is putting up a sizzling 0.110 WS/48 this season, coming off a scorching 0.080 for the whole of last year.

Comment

Those per X minute stats get difficult to read into. I remember when Spurs had Boban Marjanovic and he was a per 36 minute GOD. Then he left and sucked.
            Boban's per 36 numbers, netRTG, TS% and WS/48 are almost identical to JV's so guess he's a stud and better than Gasol too.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              and yet you want gasol who is putting up a sizzling 0.110 WS/48 this season, coming off a scorching 0.080 for the whole of last year.
              Win shares are boosted by playing a lot of minutes on a good team which is what Kyle does and Gasol hasn't the last few years.

Comment

• Jonas valanciunas has been acquired by the Toronto Raptors. They have sent the moose back to the wildnerness in return
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Boban's per 36 numbers, netRTG, TS% and WS/48 are almost identical to JV's so guess he's a stud and better than Gasol too.
                  Boban is a per 36 god. So if his numbers are similar to jvs you’re making me want Jonas more.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Jonas valanciunas has been acquired by the Toronto Raptors. They have sent the moose back to the wildnerness in return
                    Moose did his best and did help them in a couple games here and there but, having said that, thank the gods....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Conley is the opposite of a floor general. He's always been a scoring guard with decent playmaking - very much in the vein of Lowry.

And if people are mad about Lowry's shooting this year, just wait until they see how similar Conley's efficiency is to Lowry's this year. He's just using more possessions to get higher raw scoring numbers.
                      Conley averaged

24.7 ppg 7.0 asg 1.7stg on .485 FG .447 3FG

16-17 playoffs

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        Just one thing to keep in mind with Conley/Gasol: the biggest issue for them since Randolph left has been that they are expected to do pretty much everything offensively for Memphis. If the Grizz had a third scorer, say a Siakam or Kawhi Leonard, they and their numbers would all look a lot better.

I'm not advocating moving for them cause I think motivated and focused Lowry is the best player in that deal but just saying that you have to look at the stats warily.

Comment

• Ask yourself this if Gasol was on this team would he be playing only 19min/g?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Ask yourself this if Gasol was on this team would he be playing only 19min/g?

Not sure your point. Wouldn’t want him to play over Ibaka, so there isn’t enough minutes anyway. I really don’t want gasol.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                              Not sure your point. Wouldn’t want him to play over Ibaka, so there isn’t enough minutes anyway. I really don’t want gasol.
                              If JV is better than both players why does he play less than them?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is Gasol really that bad?

https://www.basketball-reference.com...gasolma01.html

Hes not done by any means and only has 1 year left after this year.
                                Gasol was more than alright two years ago. Now whoever gets him will be lucky if he stays on the court. A the rate of injury he has had over the past year, he'd probably have to sit a whole playoff series, if not more.

Comment

Working...
                                X