2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Hey. We want the griz back especially since JV is there now.
    Yeah I'd love for Canada to have one more NBA team, but still... I'm never going to like Vancouver, sorry haha.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Will miss JV.... not gonna lie. But Masai had to pull the trigger on the chance that Gasol has at least one big playoff run left in that big old pickup truck body of his. The basketball IQ of the team just went up at least a few notches. That's underrated.
      Fred can get some enough pointers from this giant.

If Fred is staying, I think Marc can share enough knowledge to Fred with his experience pairing with Mike Conley

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Someone should tell us the financial implications of this acquisition
        Gasol's got a player option for next year he's gonna pick up. As of right now books should still be clean for summer 2020
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          man Masai needs to talk with our social media team more often... Awkward again. Just like with Casey lol

lmao this is almost as bad as Harrison Barnes pulled out during the game.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
            This is a STEAL. They got a great player and gave up an energy big and 2 scrubs.
            Oh so are we still 4th in the east? Curious gifted one

Comment

• marcgasolisthirtyfouryearsoldJVistwentysixyearsold whataretheythinking

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

The gasol name still carries a lot of clout and could go a ways to helping convince Kawhi this roster is nice next season
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  Oh so are we still 4th in the east? Curious gifted one
                  They still need shooters.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Is Gasol good at boxing out? He might have bad individual rebounding numbers but is he wired like the Lopez brothers where his goal is to try and get the team a rebound as oppose to inflate personal numbers?

If so than I don't think rebounding will be a concern. Siakam and Kawhi are great at crashing the boards. Kawhi especially.
                    No doubt Marc’s BBIQ is up to the roof, he can just tip in the loose ball to his teammates. I think he is very good st that

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Well, I sure hope Gasol is way better here for a contending team than he's been on MEM. Does he come off the bench?
                      My first thought was they will move Siakam to the bench.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        The gasol name still carries a lot of clout and could go a ways to helping convince Kawhi this roster is nice next season
                        That's a good point. Maybe Kawhi wants to hang back for one more year now.

Comment

• all the old dudes on this forum are doing jumping jacks right now, bet

Comment

• Gasol is 34! That’s like, really old for a big guy who can’t turn his head and loses feeling in his hand!

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                              Better than everything is all sunshine and rainbows.

I just call it the way i see it.

If they don't make a move, this team will get destroyed by the Sixers or the Celtics in the 2nd round.
                              Yeah, the thing is you don't know that. They said the same thing about the Sixers when they got Butler (that they would dominate the regular seasons and playoffs), and yet here they are as far to the 1st seed as they are to the 6th. People were saying the Celtics would win 67 games, and dominate too when Hayward and Kyrie come back. Didn't happen.

The point is this all theoretical advantages that didn't translate to the court. New players need to be integrated, we're seeing that ourselves too. Let the games be played. It could very well be that they will beat us in the playoffs, all the top 4 teams in the East are close enough to each other that any of them could beat the other 3 in in seven games, but no one knows that. And that's the whole point. Anointing one of the other before the games are played because of a role player trade looks reactionary.

Comment

• I feel like a chance to compete for an NBA finals berth, and sharing minutes with Ibaka should help Gasol find the fountain of youth for this year's playoff run. Grit & Grind North. Let's gooooo.

Comment

Working...
                                X