2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Is Gasol going to be available to play???
    not possible

Comment

• We should look at the idea of having Gasol of the bench. Everything was going so well at the beginning of the season; let's keep the same rotation, but insert Marc instead of Jonas!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        We should look at the idea of having Gasol of the bench. Everything was going so well at the beginning of the season; let's keep the same rotation, but insert Marc instead of Jonas!
        You think he's going to start? he's going to come off the bench.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          Is Gasol going to be available to play???
          https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_th...jpg&name=small

I think he can, JYD drove from Detroit to Toronto to play right away after being traded.

However very doubtful he’ll suit up against ATL

Comment

• Why you guys don't want Kanter? He's a beast. As a backup, would be a crazy upgrade over Monroe, who was himself not doing bad at all this season.

Gasol/Kanter/Boucher
            Ibaka/Siakam/Randolph
            Leonard/Anunoby/Ellington
            Green/Powell/McCaw/Lloyd
            Lowry/VanVleet/Brown

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Why you guys don't want Kanter? He's a beast. As a backup, would be a crazy upgrade over Monroe, who was himself not doing bad at all this season.

Gasol/Kanter/Boucher
              Ibaka/Siakam/Randolph
              Leonard/Anunoby/Ellington
              Green/Powell/McCaw/Lloyd
              Lowry/VanVleet/Brown
              Our defense - wide open if we get Kanter. Right now we're seriously struggling with rebounding and rim protection. Marc doesn't really fill that hole, Kanter would create a black hole...
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                Our defense - wide open if we get Kanter. Right now we're seriously struggling with rebounding and rim protection. Marc doesn't really fill that hole, Kanter would create a black hole...
                Yeah I agree; I think I'm just too excited about this team right now ahaha. Maybe Lopez or Gortat are better options, and ZBo could be a great 5th big. Got a lot of spots to fill anyway so it will be interesting. Guard spots too!

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                  You think he's going to start? he's going to come off the bench.
                  No chance. Bookmarked

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    No chance. Bookmarked

Comment

• bookmarked.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Marc posted this before the trade...

He got the call from Masai and he got excited

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          Kanter is a poor defender and rim protector, but an elite rebounder.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Don't like that JV-Gasol trade. At Gasol's age, It's a sideways deal for this season and a bad one after that.

Here a list of reasons this trade isn't good in my eyes :

1) Last time a team that acquired a meaningful rotation player at the trade deadline went on to win the championship was in 2005, when Spurs acquired Nazr Mohammed.
                            Over the last 30 years only 4 teams with deadline acquisitions have won a ring that same year. Biggest star of those 4 times was Clyde Drexler in 95 at age 32 when he, Olajuwon and the Rockets went on to win in the Finals against Orlando.
                            In general, mid-season trades are not productive when it comes to winning big.

2) Chemistry/familiarity issues and little time. Who starts? Ibaka? Marc? Is either one gonna be happy coming off the bench? We got very little time to figure those things out and the fit between the 2 isn't obvious. On top of that, I see more similarities in both than I see complementary skills. At this age, Gasol is the same pick&pop guy that Ibaka is. How do they occupy different spaces on offense OR defense? What does Gasol bring that Ibaka doesn't, apart from maybe passing? Is there too much redunduncy?

3) Health issues. Gasol was having a lot of injuries this season and last. While he's been mostly playing through those, his game is steadily declining on both ends. His efficiency this season is below average to that of an average guard and pretty bad for a big. If he were to go down for a 10 game stretch with that little time till playoffs, building some type of chemistry before playoffs would be impossible. Heavy risk there.

4) Really better option than JV? For all the reasons mentioned above, you really have to wonder wether Gasol is the better option for THIS SEASON. Production wise it is questionable and chemistry/familiarity wise it is doubtful. Add his declining health that comes with his age and this becomes more than a shaky move.

5) All that comes after this season. If Raptors win it all this year, then all of it, the Kawhi and now this Gasol move will have been great moves and after that the flood can come. But. If we don't win it all, we'll be left basically with Siakam. Kawhi bolts, nobody will be interested in Gasol at 35, the same for Lowry. we'll be stuck with them and we'll be stuck in mediocrity or be heavily rebuilding with no young building blocks and nothing to trade besides Siakam.

It's an All-in by Masai. Either he'll be the hero by July or he'll be fired by then. We'll see. As for me though, I don't like this trade. I don't see much upside and I see more problems than positives with it.

Comment

• Nope, MU doesn't get fired for this.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                Nope, MU doesn't get fired for this.
                                Bookmarked

Comment

Working...
                                X