Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #42 Pacers (26-12) @ Raptors (29-12) Sunday January 6th 2019 SN1 900(St Johns) 830(Halifax) 730(Toronto) 630(Winnipeg) 530(Calgary) 430(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

be interesting to see who starts with no kawhi. norms been playing the best lately but OG guarded oladipo very well last year. I'll be watching to see what nick does. taking norm away from the second unit might only increase the recent struggles and maybe OG can get some swagger back in the starting unit. I'm conflicted hope nick makes the right call
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I actually feel bad for Casey. Imagine having to run an NBA team with Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith (injured), and Jose Calderon as your options at point guard. They don't even have any two-way wings, they're all one-dimensional shooters (Bullock, Kennard) or defenders (Johnson, Brown).

I don't even think they have any assets to use in trade. SVG really hosed them.
      I like Casey but don't feel bad for him at all. I totally buy in to the whole Masai-gave-them-multiple-years to figure things out mantra. He took a good team to a great record and parlayed that into a multi year multi million dollar contract when his rope ran out and his in-game shortcoming were no longer possible to ignore here. The only downside for him is havng to live in Detroit.

Comment

Raptors are only a +1 dog for this game. Which is weird considering we have so many people out. Is Siakam gonna get 40? Because who else is going to score?

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Awwww shiiiiiit. Lowry!

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

guess whose back. back again. bulldogs back. tell your friends.

Comment

now that Lowry back I think it's more likely norm starts we don't need his balls handling with the second unit anymore. or maybe even Fred starts and Danny moves to the 3

Comment

Very happy Kyle is back! But he better be healthy and not just playing because Kawhi is out.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I actually feel bad for Casey. Imagine having to run an NBA team with Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith (injured), and Jose Calderon as your options at point guard. They don't even have any two-way wings, they're all one-dimensional shooters (Bullock, Kennard) or defenders (Johnson, Brown).

I don't even think they have any assets to use in trade. SVG really hosed them.
                    It's his own fault. He's made a conscious decision to take the ball out of Reggie Jackson's hands and make Blake Griffin the primary playmaker. It may work, like Jokic, but that strategy feels a bit gimmicky and I think opposing teams are starting to figure it out.

And why feel sorry for Casey? He has zero pressure on him and the security of a huuge 5-year contract. All he needs to do is get a team that just missed the cut-off, into the playoffs in the weak East. That's it. The expectations are really low. He has 2 all-stars and Reggie Jackson is healthy for the 1st time since 2015-16, when they did make the playoffs. Should be a piece of cake for a COTY with a championship ring, no? If not, maybe Casey should have been a little more appreciative of what Masai did for him while he was here.

Comment

Woohoo! I called this 4-5 games ago. Is Lowry timing his games when Kawhi is out, like just to prove a point or something? Strange.

Comment

Kawhi and Lowry aren't allowed to play together lmao
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Woohoo! I called this 4-5 games ago. Is Lowry timing his games when Kawhi is out, like just to prove a point or something? Strange.
                          Maybe he hates Kawhi
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            maybe Casey should have been a little more appreciative of what Masai did for him while he was here.
                            Damn right he should.

BC couldn't build a great team. Under BC, Raptors would never have reached 50 wins and Casey would have taken the blame and return to Dallas to work as an assistant again after his firing. Now thanks to the stint with the Raptors under Masai, he earned his biggest contract (and possibly last one considering his age) to date with another team.

Comment

Maybe he hates Kawhi
                              Low-key, Lowry does. Or rather, he hates the idea of Ka-why he had to be brought in to help him.

Comment

Sounds like they might be starting Fred alongside Kyle. I think that's so stupid. Oladipo is just gonna shoot over Fred all night because he definitely can't be put on Bogdanovic and I don't think they would want Kyle on Oladipo with this being his first game back
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X