Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #43 Hawks (12-27) @ Raptors (30-12) Tuesday January 8th 2019. TSN 230 am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh snap sad day for danh his favorite raptor just got waived

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      We've just waived Lorenzo
      Which is interesting, because there's no serious reason to waive him right now unless Masai is planning a move soon. We were already at only 14 main roster slots (since Boucher and Lloyd are on two-ways). If the Raps plan to convert Boucher to a full NBA contract (which seems likely) they didn't need a roster spot to do it, so clearly Masai has targets in trade that see us taking back an extra player or he's got plans for the buyout market.

Comment

This may be heartless but I don’t care. Wooooooo

Comment

Hopefully Masai didn't do him wrong and told him beforehand
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
            Which is interesting, because there's no serious reason to waive him right now unless Masai is planning a move soon. We were already at only 14 main roster slots (since Boucher and Lloyd are on two-ways). If the Raps plan to convert Boucher to a full NBA contract (which seems likely) they didn't need a roster spot to do it, so clearly Masai has targets in trade that see us taking back an extra player or he's got plans for the buyout market.
            There actually is a deadline to waive Brown today. Per ESPN....

Keep an eye on the 5PM EST waiver wire. Monday is the last day to waive a player on a non-guaranteed/partial contract and not get charged the full salary. The list of 20 players include Ryan Arcidiacono, Shaquille Harrison, Alfonzo McKinnie, Michael Carter-Williams, Patrick Beverley, Tyrone Wallace, Christian Wood, Tim Frazier, Jahlil Okafor, Kenrich Williams, Trey Burke, Noah Vonleh, Isaiah Briscoe, TJ McConnell, Richaun Holmes, Quincy Pondexter, Lorenzo Brown, Royce O'Neale, Ron Baker and Chasson Randle.
            Powell's emergence as a reliable secondary ball-handler is making this possible. I wonder who/what they are looking for. Shooters? Rebounders? More ball handling? Toughness? The trade deadline will be interesting and I doubt that Masai stands pat.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Hopefully Masai didn't do him wrong and told him beforehand
              The Lowry silly face/point does it again!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                This may be heartless but I don’t care. Wooooooo
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This explains why Sportsnet has been running these pukey "Vince Cater is a go-to mentor for young kids" promo pieces....the Hawks being in town, not Lorenzo Brown being waived

Comment

Lorenzo will always give us this moment:

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Lorenzo will always give us this moment:

That's just mean. I prefer to remember him standing up at the bench celebrating a teammates excellent play.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        That's just mean. I prefer to remember him standing up at the bench celebrating a teammates excellent play.
                        It should be noted he was great that game and really helped spark that comeback win with his tenacity, if I’m not mistaken. That said, that moment was pretty damn hilarious, no way around it.

Farewell, Lorenzo. Thanks for the 905 glory, G-League MVP. ... With its recent string of success developing prospects, and your success in Mississauga, it’s not hard for me to see why the organization saw potential in you, even though you took a lot of abuse around here. May you get another shot to put it together somewhere soon.

Comment

The 905 traded for a PG a few days ago so my guess is Jordan Loyed will be called up.

Comment

Ill never forget that...whatever he did there. He seemed pretty crafty and quick good luck to him.

Even though it was for kawhi and green i dont think MU thought that with one swipe of the pen last summer wed have a championship team so Im sure theres a move coming

Comment

Hallelujah.

They may not fill the void immediately. Depends what they want to do with it. If they want to give a promotion to Boucher or Loyd, they'll want to do that by mid-January so they can sign another 2-way to replace them. I think more likely, they ride some 10-days to maximize savings (can go two weeks at a time with only 13 players on the roster) until the March 1st waiver deadline and hope to grab someone off waivers for that 14th spot.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                I think more likely, they ride some 10-days to maximize savings (can go two weeks at a time with only 13 players on the roster) until the March 1st waiver deadline and hope to grab someone off waivers for that 14th spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X