Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #43 Hawks (12-27) @ Raptors (30-12) Tuesday January 8th 2019. TSN 230 am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Serge is such a goofball. We dont talk enough about how great hes been as a teammate. He fit right in from day 1 and at the time he was the piece we were SO excited for. Spend more time talking about how old he is.

I'm thrilled to have ma fuzzy at the center spot as we enter the playoff war of 2019.
    Between Leonard and Siakam and Lowry taking up all the oxygen, Ibaka's year is being underrated and underappreciated by Raps fans.

Comment

Serge has been pretty good this year. Not happy about his 3pt shooting though. Just barely above 30% right now. And he still takes 2.6 attempts a game, so it's not like he's not trying.

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
        The GROAT is back in town tonight. Could be his final game in Toronto.
        thats funny but Kawhi will be playing at the next home game too

Comment

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
            The GROAT is back in town tonight. Could be his final game in Toronto.
            Interesting bit of symmetry. The two most talented players we've ever had will be dressing opposite one another..Vince 16 YEARS kawhis senior. Hard to believe and makes me feel quite old thank you very much that vinces heyday was about 18 years ago.

Vince left Toronto at 28. Kawhi will turn 28 about a week before free agency......
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Say what you will about Vince....and maybe that sums it up right there. You can't not say something. That said, it's worth checking out this feature from JLew even for the pictures alone.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

The "garage to garage" comment makes me nervous.

Hopefully with all the extra guaranteed money we throw at him he can just build a heated bubble for himself.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Great find. I like this part the best

"In San Antonio, Leonard was known as the Claw. In Toronto, Ibaka has tried to make Deadly Zombie (self-explanatory) and Cape Town (the city in South Africa) stick. “I don’t know why, but he keeps telling me he’s from Cape Town,” says Ibaka, who was born in Congo. “Of all the places. . . . Maybe he just wants to visit there someday.”

From his locker a few stalls over, Leonard looks up. “You hating on me, Serge?” Leonard asks, smiling.

Ibaka grins back. “No, man,” he says. “We need you to stay. Stay, Kawhi. Stayyyyyy.”

Leonard chuckles, then shuffles off. A smile and a laugh? Now that’s something the Raptors can get excited about.
                  Serge and Norm are going to end up being our biggest recruiters. Who would have thought. With all the hate they have received for the size of their contract compared to play, if Kawhi ends up staying these 2 made their money!
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Insane to read (courtesy of B Murphy) that Lowry has missed 10 games, Kawhi has missed 11 games...and they never missed the same game. It would make sense if one guy missed one streak of games and the other had a different streak but it seems like Kawhi games have been mostly planned but random.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      The "garage to garage" comment makes me nervous.

Hopefully with all the extra guaranteed money we throw at him he can just build a heated bubble for himself.
                      Lol, the anxiety is real. I guess we were hoping for "Kawhi has been seen around town taking up skating and building snow forts with uncle Dennis"

I look at it like this: if Kawhi is leaving regardless of what we do he probably knows it already. What I'm not worried about is what ujiri can offer as a franchise, or as a team builder. Whatever will be will be.

Comment

• The Lowry quotes are great in that article too suprised we haven't brought them up here.

Answered a few of our questions. Yes, Kyle watches the games closely in the back when hes injured. Yes, Kyle text kawhi soon after the trade. Yes, Kyle is a happily employed nba player and father trying to win games. No, he will not at any point ever get sucked into a clickbait quote manipulated to look like any type of shade at derozan. Which they (the media) are dying to get.

A lot of people here seem to want Lowry to be out as an ambassador like DeRozan, and come out that he loves us oh so much. We're not gonna get it. But we should realize by now that Lowry is all in for whatever Jersey has his name on it. And it's our Jersey.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Lol, the anxiety is real. I guess we were hoping for "Kawhi has been seen around town taking up skating and building snow forts with uncle Dennis"

I look at it like this: if Kawhi is leaving regardless of what we do he probably knows it already. What I'm not worried about is what ujiri can offer as a franchise, or as a team builder. Whatever will be will be.
                          If Kawhi is leaving it's because he wants to be close(r) to home. There is nothing wrong with that and nothing Raps can do if that is the case. There's no sense worrying about it now. The deal is done. He'll either be here come opening night in the fall or not. MLSE is clearly doing all it can to give him a reason to stay.

As an aside, no one makes major life decisions based on the weather alone. Unless one is an idiot. And I don't think Leonard is an idiot. Things like weather play a role only when you have another, real reason move.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            If Kawhi is leaving it's because he wants to be close(r) to home. There is nothing wrong with that and nothing Raps can do if that is the case. There's no sense worrying about it now. The deal is done. He'll either be here come opening night in the fall or not. MLSE is clearly doing all it can to give him a reason to stay.

As an aside, no one makes major life decisions based on the weather alone. Unless one is an idiot. And I don't think Leonard is an idiot. Things like weather play a role only when you have another, real reason move.
                            Biggest non-career influences are usually wife & kids. Followed by: mom, dad, brothers, sisters, friends, etc... The fact that his wife is from San Diego and he has a young daughter already handicaps it at > 80% he's leaving for me. Wives almost always want to have family around to help them raise their kids. Raps probably need to win it all, or at least get to Game 7 of the Finals to make Kawhi even consider staying.

Biggest clue was one that Kawhi himself dropped at the beginning of the season.....

Leonard said. “You get drafted to a team, sometimes you get lucky and are able to play in your hometown or stay in the same state....
                            https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/l...027-story.html

Live in the moment, fans. This is supposed to be our one year in heaven. Better damn well be.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Biggest non-career influences are usually wife & kids. Followed by: mom, dad, brothers, sisters, friends, etc... The fact that his wife is from San Diego and he has a young daughter already handicaps it at > 80% he's leaving for me. Wives almost always want to have family around to help them raise their kids. Raps probably need to win it all, or at least get to Game 7 of the Finals to make Kawhi even consider staying.

Biggest clue was one that Kawhi himself dropped at the beginning of the season.....

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/l...027-story.html

Live in the moment, fans. This is supposed to be our one year in heaven. Better damn well be.
                              I've always said, if we won the championship this year, I don't really care all that much anymore. Obviously I'd prefer he stayedm but The Goal has been achieved

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I've always said, if we won the championship this year, I don't really care all that much anymore. Obviously I'd prefer he stayedm but The Goal has been achieved
                                That's the right mindset. We have to consider this year's team as being the best and final version of the Casey/Derozan/Lowry core - with DeMar upgraded to Kawhi, Casey upgraded (hopefully) to Nurse and the best ever supporting cast. The idea should be to take advantage of Lowry's shrinking window for one last hurrah. If Kawhi leaves, it makes the rebuild decision real easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X