Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Patrick McCaw

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    Maybe Nurse and Masai both like McCaw and are happy to have him on the team. I'm thinking we as fans are over thinking this. McCaw is on the team (and was re-signed for 2 guaranteed years) because Masai and Bobby like him. Nurse is playing him a lot because he likes him.

    Not everyone is perfect.
    No, there's some sort of conspiracy. Some type of message being sent. ....but hwhat? and to whooom?

    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post

      If he doesn't want him to play, why would he not be pursuing trades for him? How does McCaw get hurt in this by being traded before being benched rather than being traded after being benched?

      It's Masai's job to decide what players are on the team, how is there any confusion on this?
      So, generally, it's better in your view to, rather than just direct the coach not to play a guy or play him less, trade the guy out from under the coach so he can't play him at all. And you don't see any potential problems with this approach?

      I mean, I've worked some grade A bastards in my day who would throw their mother under a bus for a nickel and I've never seen anything like that. I have heard stories in baseball of GMs telling managers not to play guys and the manager playing them anyway and the guy being traded but that's a completely different ball of wax.


      Comment


      • G__Deane wrote: View Post

        Say they had a conversation and agreed, playing McCaw accomplishes something somehow somewhere that seasoned life long professional basketball chip winning executives understand that *gasp* RR rummies just can't grasp? What is it so hard to imagine?



        I'm just saying that if it was entirely so grievous a mistake that absolutely everyone can see it but Nurse, Masai sees it and is obviously OK that it continues for now. Stay tuned ....
        I never said it was hard to imagine. I'm saying it is exceedingly unlikely that Masai would tell Nurse not to play McCaw. Maybe they both like McCaw. Maybe only Nurse does, and Masai doesn't. Either way, my only point, that Masai would not tell Nurse to sit him, stands.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • slaw wrote: View Post
          So, generally, it's better in your view to, rather than just direct the coach not to play a guy or play him less, trade the guy out from under the coach so he can't play him at all. And you don't see any potential problems with this approach?

          I mean, I've worked some grade A bastards in my day who would throw their mother under a bus for a nickel and I've never seen anything like that. I have heard stories in baseball of GMs telling managers not to play guys and the manager playing them anyway and the guy being traded but that's a completely different ball of wax.
          I didn't say anything about anything being better. I'm saying Masai made sure to stay out of Casey's kitchen and will likely do the same with Nurse.

          I suspect if Masai thinks McCaw is hurting the team that Nurse is aware of his position on that and is aware that Masai will likely trade McCaw if he can get something for him (all dependent on the imaginary scenario we've cooked up where Masai wants McCaw to play less which we have no evidence for). That doesn't mean Nurse will play him less in the meantime, or that Masai would make demands of his coach re: how to deploy the team he has been given. You start getting into those discussions and it's the beginning of the end for the coach.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post

            No, there's some sort of conspiracy. Some type of message being sent. ....but hwhat? and to whooom?

            McCaw does black magic/voodoo. Masai has discovered that he has made a deal with the devil. Who else goes 3/3 winning championships? Why do u think Kawhi gets injured when the spurs are putting a beat down on the warriors? Why does a 10+ year veteran forget the score of an NBA finals game? Who do you think was making Giannis air ball those free throws? When does steph miss a wide open 3 to tie game 6?

            Theres one common denominator in all those events... Open your eyes people, this guy is involved in the dark arts. All the signs are there. Masia knows, Bobby Knows, Nicks knows. Have you ever seen Patrick during a full moon? I haven't.

            May 31st is world parrot day. On that day the Raptors defeated the warriors in game 1 of the NBA finals. A year earlier the GSW defeated the Cavs in game 1. Look into it, the guy has never lost a game on world parrot day.... eerie
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post

              So, generally, it's better in your view to, rather than just direct the coach not to play a guy or play him less, trade the guy out from under the coach so he can't play him at all. And you don't see any potential problems with this approach?

              I mean, I've worked some grade A bastards in my day who would throw their mother under a bus for a nickel and I've never seen anything like that. I have heard stories in baseball of GMs telling managers not to play guys and the manager playing them anyway and the guy being traded but that's a completely different ball of wax.
              And yet this is exactly what the Masai did with Casey's all-time favorite: John Salmons. And boy was Casey salty about that. Casey even mentioned in a year-end interview with Donovan Bennett on Sportsnet that trading John Salmons changed "the entire character of the team", in trying to defend the Wizards sweep and the defensive slippage. lol.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post

                And yet this is exactly what the Masai did with Casey's all-time favorite: John Salmons. And boy was Casey salty about that. Casey even mentioned in a year-end interview with Donovan Bennett on Sportsnet that trading John Salmons changed "the entire character of the team", in trying to defend the Wizards sweep and the defensive slippage. lol.
                Is that what happened or is that your characterization of what happened? I mean, Raptors got Lou Williams in that trade, so it was an objectively good deal for the team at the time and Salmons was out of the league after the next season. If the Raptors can trade McCaw for Rose they should do that but I think that's a separate discussion entirely.

                Look, I just find it incredibly weird that a leader of an organization would behave in this way rather than simply tell the coach that he needed to end the McCaw experiment. Now, if the coach refuses, then I can see management forcing the coach's hand but typically that happens where there is a real disconnect between the front office and the staff and there's no indication of that here. My sense is that the team, top to bottom, likes McCaw, wants him to play and see if he can succeed and thinks that will help the team. Otherwise, it's unclear why they gave him a two-year deal and gave him a rotation spot out of camp.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Get well soon
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment




                    • My prayers have been answered....there is a god..thank u..
                      I mean get well,can we still trade him,even if his injured.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

                      Comment


                      • Y’all ain’t ready for Masked McCaw
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Comment


                            • Yeah sucks for McCaw. Wonder how long he'll be out for?

                              Kyle and Fred ended up playing 35 and 42 minutes respectively last night. Masai has to get another PG or Nurse is going to kill our two guys.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Yeah sucks for McCaw. Wonder how long he'll be out for?

                                Kyle and Fred ended up playing 35 and 42 minutes respectively last night. Masai has to get another PG or Nurse is going to kill our two guys.
                                If only the team had another ball handling guard who only played 13 minutes, was a third best on the team +11 for the game, had a 3:1 AST:TO ratio last night, could defend, shoot the three, and attack the basket - if the team had a guy like that to throw 10 of those minutes to, Lowry and FVV's minutes would be fine.

                                Wait a minute, I think I just realized something.

                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X