No announcement yet.

Everything Patrick McCaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude is under inverstigation? wtf lol he escaped to Canada!
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Under investigation for what?

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
        Under investigation for what?
        for signing with Cavs?! This is so confusing to me. I only follow Raps lmao

Comment

Cleveland is under investigation. They signed him and played him 3 games and dropped him to try and circumvent cap stuff

Via reddit:

What CLE did was sign McCaw to a non-guaranteed contract that paid McCaw more than he is worth. GSW held his restricted rights and could have matched the offer, but they would have had to overpay McCaw or waive him so they declined. CLE waived him shortly after signing him (presumably, their intention all along). Once McCaw clears waivers, CLE intends to make him a lower offer. Only now, McCaw will be an UFA and GSW won't have the right match the deal.

For McCaw this isn't the big of a deal, but this is a pretty large loophole that could be abused in far more serious ways. It is basically a shortcut for any player worth less than the max to bypass Restricted Free Agency and become an UFA.

For example, some team could offer Bogdonavic a max contract un-guaranteed this summer. SAC would have the rights to match, but they would have to pay Bogdan the max. Whoever signed him could then immediately waive him. And, once he cleared waivers, they could offer him a fair deal without having to worry about SAC matching the offer.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

for signing with Cavs?! This is so confusing to me. I only follow Raps lmao
            I’m pretty sure that he got cut from the cavs after signing an offer sheet with them and the warriors are contesting it? It’s confusing lol.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                Is this the first gif you’ve ever used? It’s definitely a goodie, but I thought you hated them.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  I’m pretty sure that he got cut from the cavs after signing an offer sheet with them and the warriors are contesting it? It’s confusing lol.
                  Are Raptors involved somehow?

Comment

Just a filler move to see if they can get some untapped potential out of him.

I think we are 1 reliable scorer away from being a contender though.

I was kicking around the trade machine and Teague might be a decent fit coming off the bench as a 6th man. Him and Fred would be deadly coming off the bench with OG and maybe Norm. Basically Green, Lowry, Fred, Kawhi, And Teague could split up the 1,2,3 minutes.

Comment

Are Raptors involved somehow?
                      Don’t think so. It has to do with McCaw being a restricted free agent and the cavs trying to reduce their payroll I guess.

Comment

Interesting move pretty low risk and high upside. Mccaw can certainly bring more to the table then Lorenzo brown so this is already an upgrade before he has even shown up in TO. Likely just bench insurance but the dude has has been around for title runs and can play multiple positions. Who knows maybe he can even give us some insider info when we meet GSW in the finals. I just hope the investigation doesn't turn up anything and somehow scrap the deal. What the cavs did certantly is shady but to my understanding not against any rules. As an aside i was in Vancouver for the GSW vs Raps preseason game and i remember Mccaw standing out and looked like a player who will stick around the league for awhile.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Delon Wright insurance ?
                          More like a inside source into GSW's playbook maybe?

Comment

Seems to be quite a versatile player.

I wonder if he agreed to be send down to the 905 for some minutes, cause if he puts it all together than it will be great.

Btw that is a great coup for Masai considering there were 4 other teams to be rumored interested with more minutes. I am curious to know what the hell happen with the Cavs?! I thought he had a deal in place.

Comment

Yeah I'm not really seeing the value of this signing. He's a decent defender and has good size. 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan. Could this mean Norm is on his way out?

I don't really see him replacing Fred or Delon. He's a combo guard but you could say that about Norm too.

I wonder if Masai has a Norm deal up his sleeves and took in McCaw as a cheap replacement? This year's Norm is better though so could backfire if that's what he's up to.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Yeah I'm not really seeing the value of this signing. He's a decent defender and has good size. 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan. Could this mean Norm is on his way out?

I don't really see him replacing Fred or Delon. He's a combo guard but you could say that about Norm too.

I wonder if Masai has a Norm deal up his sleeves and took in McCaw as a cheap replacement? This year's Norm is better though so could backfire if that's what he's up to.

That's what my mind keeps going back to.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X