No announcement yet.

Everything Patrick McCaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total RB% is the worse other than Ponds lol.

This guy is a total spectator yet he is getting minutes from this coach

Wow just wow

Comment

• Is it true that Masai publicly asked fans to have faith in McCaw after a game back in November or December? I think he called a press conference or something? If it's true I'm confused why he would do that for Patrick and not for any of the other rotation guys. He could have just left everyone to wonder why PM is being handed this opportunity and to be pissed about it, but he deliberately makes a statement of support.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Is it true that Masai publicly asked fans to have faith in McCaw after a game back in November or December? I think he called a press conference or something? If it's true I'm confused why he would do that for Patrick and not for any of the other rotation guys. He could have just left everyone to wonder why PM is being handed this opportunity and to be pissed about it, but he deliberately makes a statement of support.
        Who is McCaw's agent, anyway? He must be somebody powerful & influential. The whole circumstance of leaving the Cavs to come to Toronto was pretty weird. Maybe the same agent as Giannis?

I dunno... just grasping at straws. I've got nothing at this point, other than: #BelieveInMasai

Comment

Is it true that Masai publicly asked fans to have faith in McCaw after a game back in November or December? I think he called a press conference or something? If it's true I'm confused why he would do that for Patrick and not for any of the other rotation guys. He could have just left everyone to wonder why PM is being handed this opportunity and to be pissed about it, but he deliberately makes a statement of support.
          I don't recall this happening. A link would be helpful if it did happen.

Nurse has been pretty public about liking McCaw.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Who is McCaw's agent, anyway? He must be somebody powerful & influential. The whole circumstance of leaving the Cavs to come to Toronto was pretty weird. Maybe the same agent as Giannis?

I dunno... just grasping at straws. I've got nothing at this point, other than: #BelieveInMasai
            Bill Duffy. Not Giannis' agent. But he is RJ Barrett's agent. Not much in way of upcoming FAs on his list of players.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I really think it's a playbook thing. Like McCaw could be book smart and has memorized Nurse's playbook. So he can call a play on his own to speed up an offensive set as opposed to relying on Nurse to call one.

What we do know is he's a PG. He is calling plays. And Nurse likes multiple ball handlers on the floor at all times (at least 3 sometimes 4). He didn't start last night, but was there to play with the bench when the starters sat. And then played some more right into crunch time in favour of OG.

We saw him a lot playing with Fred and Kyle when Pascal was hurt.

It's the same reason why Lorenzo Brown got a lot of unnecessary minutes, except we're more reliant on McCaw because most of our playmakers have been hurt this season.

My gut is telling me that once Fred is back, McCaw will end up with about 10-15 mpg at most. He'll still see the floor to give Lowry, Fred and Pascal a rest, but it won't be a lot of time. And he may get like 4-5 minutes in the playoffs.. and maybe less depending on how tight games are.

TD is the one that is getting boned here.. he should be the floor general when our guys need rest or are hurt. But he needs time to learn the playbook. And that will take at least a full year/summer, IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I really think it's a playbook thing. Like McCaw could be book smart and has memorized Nurse's playbook. So he can call a play on his own to speed up an offensive set as opposed to relying on Nurse to call one.

What we do know is he's a PG. He is calling plays. And Nurse likes multiple ball handlers on the floor at all times (at least 3 sometimes 4). He didn't start last night, but was there to play with the bench when the starters sat. And then played some more right into crunch time in favour of OG.

It's the same reason why Lorenzo Brown got a lot of unnecessary minutes, except we're more reliant on McCaw because most of our playmakers have been hurt this season.

My gut is telling me that once Fred is back, McCaw will end up with about 10-15 mpg at most. He'll still see the floor to give Lowry, Fred and Pascal a rest, but it won't be a lot of time. And he may get like 4-5 minutes in the playoffs.. and maybe less depending on how tight games are.

TD is the one that is getting boned here.. he should be the floor general when our guys need rest or are hurt. But he needs time to learn the playbook. And that will take at least a full year/summer, IMO.
                putting him in there as another defensive body at the last 4 seconds of the game against the spurs last night. He could have gone the RHJ route for hustle or Boucher for length but it has to be Patrick McCaw. That said, I see no playmaking to be had there nor memorization of a playbook.

his belief on this player is just overwhelming.

Comment

Lol i think i know what your talking about cause i think i posted it. It was a a will lou tweet meant as a joke. Making fun on masai "Believe in toronto, Believe in yourself" Expect McCaws name subbed in.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Bill Duffy. Not Giannis' agent. But he is RJ Barrett's agent. Not much in way of upcoming FAs on his list of players.
                    RJ is like 7 years away, so I doubt it's related to him or Duffy. It definitely feels like there were some promises made to McCaw to get him to renege on the Cavaliers offer. Either that, or we really did poach him just to get the Warriors playbook, which paid off.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Lol i think i know what your talking about cause i think i posted it. It was a a will lou tweet meant as a joke. Making fun on masai "Believe in toronto, Believe in yourself" Expect McCaws name subbed in.
                      LMAO, damn you berta! I've been searching for any sort of link to that for the last 30 mins.

Comment

LMAO, damn you berta! I've been searching for any sort of link to that for the last 30 mins.

Haha here's the original. It wasn't Will Lou, was his homie Alex. A funny follow on twitter if you don't know about him
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I really think it's a playbook thing. Like McCaw could be book smart and has memorized Nurse's playbook. So he can call a play on his own to speed up an offensive set as opposed to relying on Nurse to call one.

I can understand that there might be reasons like this to play him. But considering the results (the offence falling through the floor when he plays), the logic doesn't really hold up. So yeah, hopefully he stops playing at all, or at least plays a lot less, when we are healthy. I'm losing faith that is going to happen, though.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

RJ is like 7 years away, so I doubt it's related to him or Duffy. It definitely feels like there were some promises made to McCaw to get him to renege on the Cavaliers offer. Either that, or we really did poach him just to get the Warriors playbook, which paid off.
                            Read somewhere that it was McCaw’s dad who forced his son’s hand to go against his agent and not re-sign with the Warriors. There was also something about McCaw getting disgruntled of the Warriors preference in giving more minutes to Swaggy P over him.
                            Suspicion that Cavs signed McCaw as a payback for what the Warriors did to them in the playoffs.

Damn, Masai had some ulterior motive of his own.

Moving forward, McCaw’s horrible advanced stats does not give Masai leverage except the 3 championship rings the player possessed. Maybe His 4 million per for 2 years is a useful trade kicker.

if developing is the route to go, the ceiling is so damn low. I would take TD/ Boucher or Matt Thomas anytime of the day to invest long term than this super flawed player.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Haha here's the original. It wasn't Will Lou, was his homie Alex. A funny follow on twitter if you don't know about him
                              Well the only reasonable explanation at this point is they want to showcase him prior to the deadline.

Comment

Well the only reasonable explanation at this point is they want to showcase him prior to the deadline.
                                I'd love to believe this but in my experience every time the fans think it's a pump and dump, it's very much not.

Still, fingers crossed.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X