• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Get well soon
    but....not too soon

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

My prayers have been answered....there is a god..thank u..
      I mean get well,can we still trade him,even if his injured.
      Cold man, cold lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Yeah sucks for McCaw. Wonder how long he'll be out for?

Kyle and Fred ended up playing 35 and 42 minutes respectively last night. Masai has to get another PG or Nurse is going to kill our two guys.
        Wasn't everyone under 29 minutes the last couple of games? This was a must win

Comment

• My thoughts on McCawgate:
          - Nurse wants to get him over-the-hump, playing to a level he's "capable of" (think Norm and his growing pains)
          - Nurse likes to experiment over the course of a long season
          - Nurse wants to make Davis work his way up the pecking order, learn the playbook before being handed a bigger role (McCaw basically being used as an obstacle/placeholder)

Game on.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            My thoughts on McCawgate:
            - Nurse wants to get him over-the-hump, playing to a level he's "capable of" (think Norm and his growing pains)
            - Nurse likes to experiment over the course of a long season
            - Nurse wants to make Davis work his way up the pecking order, learn the playbook before being handed a bigger role (McCaw basically being used as an obstacle/placeholder)

Game on.
            Very thoughtful take.

But it caused way more damage than anything productive. Failed experiment. Keep it that way especially now that they are still looking for a face mask to fit him.

Van Vleet at least for some “newborn baby” reason had a major turnaround of his game with his accuracy and clutch shots outside of 22 feet. Though the drives against length can still be frustrating.

Davis like a once young late bloomer Norman Powell just needs consistent minutes. Both guys have the pedigree to become one of the explosive 2 way guards in this league.

Two productive experiments are enough, lightning dont strike 3x if I am Nurse

Comment

• Terence Davis is firmly behind Patrick McCaw in the rotation. Nurse cares not for your net ratings DanH

“I know his plus minus is high and all those kinds of things has been good,” said Nick Nurse. “I don’t know if it’ll develop into a bigger role or not. I think that, you know, we have Kyle, we have Fred, we have Norm. Those guys have been around here a while and and pretty darn good themselves, right?… We still have Pat McCaw, as well, so there’s kind of a number of guys in there that play.”
              https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2020...is-be-playing/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Terence Davis is firmly behind Patrick McCaw in the rotation. Nurse cares not for your net ratings DanH

I'm just happy the Pat McCaw mention was in the "guys that play" section and not the "pretty darn good themselves" section.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Terence Davis is firmly behind Patrick McCaw in the rotation. Nurse cares not for your net ratings DanH

It's like Nurse just goes out of his way to downplay Davis. The Spurs mentality is rubbing off on the coaches as well it would seem.

Comment

• There might be a psychological thing there with Davis. Earlier in the year Nurse was sort of trashing Davis too.. "he played 8 minutes.. maybe 5 too much". Next game he was huge for us. I think Nurse is using psychology here to help get Davis to become a stud.

Whatever works man.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's like Nurse just goes out of his way to downplay Davis. The Spurs mentality is rubbing off on the coaches as well it would seem.
                      Thing is, coaches know what makes different guys tick. Between practices, games, film sessions, travel time etc, coaches end up learning a lot about each one's personality in general. We'll never really know but this may be exactly what Davis needs to keep him hungry and motivated.

Davis went out of his way to ask not to be drafted in the second round, because he was so confident he would have his pick of several teams as an undrafted free agent. He had the confidence to turn down multiple football scholarships because he knew within him that he would be a solid NBA player. From someone just watching him on TV he strikes me as a guy hungry for challenges rather than hand-me-downs, and it this may be even more evident for those being around him every day.

I have no facts to back this up (it's just a theory) but what looks to me is they're trying to get the most out of him through husky, tough-love, challenging player development (as opposed to, say, a Kevin Knox that came in as a lottery pick, got pampered and fawned over the NY media all the time, but turned out not so hot). I'm cool with that if this is what Davis needs and they see him playing here long-term. Problem with that approach is that by not giving him the minutes he should have based on his play, we might lose games in the process.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        There might be a psychological thing there with Davis. Earlier in the year Nurse was sort of trashing Davis too.. "he played 8 minutes.. maybe 5 too much". Next game he was huge for us. I think Nurse is using psychology here to help get Davis to become a stud.

Whatever works man.
                        I was typing my post above before you said it, but that's pretty much it (we thought the same thing)

Comment

• I had to search 5 pages before I could find this Everything McCaw thread. Why isn't it more prominent? Given the amount of minutes he receives, he is obviously an amazing player that deserves our attention.

your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1083121287055228937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Championship incoming
                            Legendary post from RR hall of Famer Scraptor
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This might be the only reason I'd take Quitter-Carter back on the Raps .... he knows how to knock out McCaw. Just kidding!
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7c67lAr3g

Comment

• Patrick keep up the good work !

Defend
                                Dont hesitate and shoot that corner three when you are open
                                Rebound and Fight for loose balls like your short bird life span depended on it

Go Champ !

Comment

Working...
                                X