Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #46 Raptors (33-12) @ Celtics (25-18) Wed January 16th 2019. ESPN,TSN. 2:00am(Zaria, Nigeria) 3:00am(Vilnus, Lithuania) 9:00am(Macau, China) 9:30pm(St Johns) 9:00pm(Halifax) 8:00pm(Toronto) 7:00pm(Winnipeg) 6:00pm(Calgary) 5:00pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Well, that's where JV's value lies. With him on the court, the Raptors can score in the half court. So if the Ibaka lineup is getting bogged down into halfcourt play where it's less effective, you roll JV out and kickstart the offence. Ideally the Ibaka starters are just kicking butt like in the first Q in this game, but when they get slowed down, the Raptors usually have an adjustment they can make. Not so right now.
    Completely agree. But my worry has always been WILL they make that adjustment. Casey and Nurse (to a somewhat lesser extent) do not like to play JV down the stretch for whatever reason. ESPECIALLY if the other team is playing a big that can hit the 3 or the jumper. Boston has Horford who can, I doubt they play JV down the stretch of a close game against them when you have Horford and Kyrie playing in the pick and roll. And that's the most frustrating part. We have the answer but we don't like to use him
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Sucks to waste another great performance by Kawhi. OG and JV, two guys that can get you 10+ pts a game and defend the post and perimeter at a high level could have really impacted the game in our favor. When will this team ever get healthy?
      Especially last night with how bad Pascal and Greg were on the defensive end
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        So JV?
        In addition to JV. Replace Monroe with a big that can do the defensive work when Nurse needs it. Monroe is a poor man's JV.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
          In addition to JV. Replace Monroe with a big that can do the defensive work when Nurse needs it. Monroe is a poor man's JV.
          Monroe is the back up, to our back up C. He's been good for what I expected from that spot.

Comment

Working...
          X