Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grizzlies @ Raptors Saturday January 19th on SN1 at 7:30 (and other times elsewhere in the world)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    They were playing Atlanta, were down most of the game to the Hawks, and needed Kyrie to play 37 minutes on the second night of a back to back to win by 8 - to a team they'd previously beaten by 18 and 21 points.
    The point was they were in total disarray with Kyrie calling his teammates out and losing to the bottom feeders until they beat us and now 3 in a row.

Comment

• So the Raps have 3 days off until beatable Sacramento at home Tuesday. But then it's a back to back in Indiana against a very good Pacers team who are currently 30-15

Normally, we'd see Kawhi suit up against the Kings and sit out against the Pacers on the road. I'd sooner see them reverse that now for a better chance of a W against a potential playoff matchup or else finally see them stop the sitting on the back to backs like Nick Nurse has alluded to several times. This is also the better plan if Kawhi needed that first "maintenance day" because of a niggling injury.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        So the Raps have 3 days off until beatable Sacramento at home Tuesday. But then it's a back to back in Indiana against a very good Pacers team who are currently 30-15

Normally, we'd see Kawhi suit up against the Kings and sit out against the Pacers on the road. I'd sooner see them reverse that now for a better chance of a W against a potential playoff matchup or else finally see them stop the sitting on the back to backs like Nick Nurse has alluded to several times. This is also the better plan if Kawhi needed that first "maintenance day" because of a niggling injury.
        Pacers are on fire. They're 11-3 over the past month and now 16 games above .500

Sit Kawhi for the easier win against the Kings and play against the hot (and potential playoff opponent) Pacers?
        Stop the sitting back to backs and play Kawhi in both games?
        Status quo and Kawhi plays against the Kings but sits against the Pacers?

The Raps record is pretty impressive with Kawhi sitting but I'd like to see them mix it up instead of the expected....

Time for the new game thread.

Comment

• Personally I'm fine if Kawhi keeps sitting and we lose with him sitting (which hasn't really happened yet). I like that the organization is treating him with kid gloves. I mean we all want him back right? The whole situation is very sensitive and I think Masai and the Raptors are doing a heck of a job with it.

As for seeding.. it would be nice to have home court in every round. But it might also be nice to have the 2nd seed and avoid the 4 vs 5 match up in the second round. 3rd seed seems okay too from that perspective. The only seed that I'd want to avoid is 4th or 5th and I like our chances that we avoid that.

Personally I'd like to see Kyle get some more rest or at least not as much load. With all our guards healthy now, Nurse should try to use Kyle much less than he has been recently. I kind of hope he misses the all-star game but that's probably unlikely.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Personally I'm fine if Kawhi keeps sitting and we lose with him sitting (which hasn't really happened yet). I like that the organization is treating him with kid gloves. I mean we all want him back right? The whole situation is very sensitive and I think Masai and the Raptors are doing a heck of a job with it.
            When it comes to building and managing relationships, I think you'd have to give a tiny benefit of the doubt to the man who is good buddies with Obama.

Comment

Working...
            X