Can we please give Bruno Caboclo one last shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    It's the 3 threes, steal and 2 blocks that are interesting. Hard to find that kind of mix of shooting and D.

Can he do that nightly? Probably not. But it will be fun to see if he can forge a comeback story for himself.
    I'm not saying he didnt have a serviceable game, and I am cheering for him. Just the tone of some posters is turning against the Raptors organization for releasing him is kind of ridiculous. If he holds a rotation spot in Sacramento, great. He was going the wrong direction here and constantly getting passed by guys drafted after him. This wasnt the place to let him keep making mental mistakes in real game NBA action.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Nah. Dude knows he ain’t getting money for nothing anymore. It wouldn’t work in Toronto. He would still feel entitled here.
      Impatient probably wasn't the right word. What I mean is that we needed capable players who can contribute now. He didn't fit the timeline. Shit happens
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Impatient probably wasn't the right word. What I mean is that we needed capable players who can contribute now. He didn't fit the timeline. Shit happens
        Not really, Masai always has prospects perculating deep on the backburner. Their willing to invest if they feel the player is a hard worker with high character. Malcolm Miller has Bruno's spot - and he's injured. And we had McKinnie and Deng Adel. Masai is patient, but I really think they soured on Bruno after the Brazilian national team incident. Pure speculation, but I'm guessing they had a "Honey, we spoiled the kid" realization moment. And Nurse clearly had no patience for Bebe, even though he'd probably be better than Monroe, so they're putting a priority on guys they think are "mentally tough", like Freddy. Bruno and Bebe are the exact opposite of tough.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Not really, Masai always has prospects perculating deep on the backburner. Their willing to invest if they feel the player is a hard worker with high character. Malcolm Miller has Bruno's spot - and he's injured. And we had McKinnie and Deng Adel. Masai is patient, but I really think they soured on Bruno after the Brazilian national team incident. Pure speculation, but I'm guessing they had a "Honey, we spoiled the kid" realization moment. And Nurse clearly had no patience for Bebe, even though he'd probably be better than Monroe, so they're putting a priority on guys they think are "mentally tough", like Freddy. Bruno and Bebe are the exact opposite of tough.
          That could be true and you're right that they go after hard workers with high character but also after Bruno they never went after young raw prospect ever again. Everyone they drafted had some polish and experience in college or overseas. I think they realized they didn't have time to develop complete projects. You needed to show some skill. He was way too raw
          Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Jan 27, 2019, 07:57 PM.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            What was the cost of trading Bruno? He was available for pennies as an UFA last summer. We could have had him if we wanted - we moved on. If he ends up a useful bench piece like we'd hoped, good for him, but it's not exactly franchise altering. If he ends up a star, which seems impossibly unlikely, yeah, it would suck to have moved on from him.

Would Bruno get minutes here? Is he better than OG or Norm? Or even CJ? The answer is maybe, but probably not. And I'm not going to stress over Masai walking away from maybe the 11th best guy on this team.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that the Malachi trade has nothing to do with why he's not a Raptor right now. They were never going to extend him the QO, so he'd have been an UFA just like he ended up, and they'd have had the exact same opportunity to sign him, the exact opportunity they passed up.
            There was no cost of trading Bruno but there wasn't any benefit for trading Bruno either
            and no benefit in failure to offer QO in a sense that roster spot that was opened up was for bunch of scrubs except for Boucher. Boucher is OG

and in contrast to your belief, I think Bruno will definitely be an all star

I see his ceiling as prime Rudy Gay with much better defense

I also think the whole notion that Bruno was entitled in Toronto is over-exaggerated..

it really comes down to too many people bitching about Bruno from the moment he got picked till the bitter end
            Last edited by Kawhisexual; Sun Jan 27, 2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
              There was no cost of trading Bruno but there wasn't any benefit for trading Bruno either
              and no benefit in failure to offer QO in a sense that roster spot that was opened up was for bunch of scrubs except for Boucher. Boucher is OG

I also think the whole notion that Bruno was entitled in Toronto is over-exaggerated..

it really comes down to too many people bitching about Bruno from the moment he got picked till the bitter end
              Bruno's QO was for like 4M dollars. They were never going to extend him a QO at that price. He was 100% going to be made UFA and so they were in the same position to sign him this summer anyway and they chose not to.

They saved money by trading him last year.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The bold ... is bold.

Comment

Teams are letting him go, left right and center.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    The bold ... is bold.
                    its definitely not going to be soon

but he will in his mid/late 20s, trust me

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      Teams are letting him go, left right and center.
                      I really hope they do so Raps can pick him up again

Comment

BRUNO WATCH ALERT- hes once again playing crunch time minutes in a 10 point game
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          BRUNO WATCH ALERT- hes once again playing crunch time minutes in a 10 point game
                          annnnnnd he out..
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            annnnnnd he out..
                            his offense still needs lots of work but he looks a lot more alert on defensive end

I definitely think Memphis is gonna sign him for the remainder of the season

Bruno fits very well with the style of Memphis basketball (Grit & Grind)

Bruno's ceiling imho = prime rudy gay with much higher level of defense

Comment

He's still a major stiff.

Comment

Ya the brazilian team incident was a turn off for me. I think hes playing for some millions and when he gets it i think he’ll be last one in first one out of the gym tyoe.

He plays lethargic he has no pop and hes young so i dont know when he’ll get any zip if he doesnt now. In a high intensity playoff game i think his head would spin right off his shoulders

Comment

Working...
                                X