Toronto Raptors @ Houston Rockets - Friday Jan. 25 at 8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacifc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    What's JV's injury status these days....and what exactly was his injury? I thought it was a dislocated finger, but it seems like he's been off for a really long time for a pretty common injury like that.
    ETA ~ 2 weeks or less.

Comment

What's JV's injury status these days....and what exactly was his injury? I thought it was a dislocated finger, but it seems like he's been off for a really long time for a pretty common injury like that.
      His injury was a dislocated thumb, but it was a bad dislocation and they couldn't re-set the joint externally, they had to go in surgically, which meant there was some additional damage to the tendons in his thumb to get it re-set. Hence the longer recovery time (also, this is the year of the Raptors being super cautious with players when they aren't Kyle Lowry who will murder people to be able to play ASAP).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It was thumb and pretty badly out of place.

Not much in the way of official updates but I found this:
        Today also marks the back end of the 4-to-6 week timeline Valanciunas was given after he went down. Before Tuesday’s game he could be seen finishing with both hands during his pregame shooting routine. His return shouldn’t be much more than a couple weeks off."

No idea why/how it could be a few weeks off still but maybe days?
        Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Jan 25, 2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          It was thumb and pretty badly out of place.

Not much in the way of official updates but I found this:
          Today also marks the back end of the 4-to-6 week timeline Valanciunas was given after he went down. Before Tuesday’s game he could be seen finishing with both hands during his pregame shooting routine. His return shouldn’t be much more than a couple weeks off."

No idea why/how it could be a few weeks off still but maybe days?

Because it's probably still tender enough to be re aggravated in game scenarios...I'm no doctor but that's an easy one
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Excited for tonights duel

Just like Wrestlemania 3

The irresistible force

VS

The Immovable Object

Comment

Anybody want to get in on guessing Harden's point total tonight? Winner will gain the pride of the Republic. I'll say McCaw shuts him down and keeps him to 38.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Hey I agree with what you're saying in theory
                But it sounds like it was written by thre NBA and not what's actually seen on the floor by virtually every NBA fan

When it comes to Harden, my eyebrow is as raised about the officiating as anyone else's, but let's put it this way: If they're calling fouls on players for just looking at him wrong, they're not gonna stay quiet when our guys get hammered on the other end. Unless we stay timid and don't attack the paint, in which case yeah, we're not gonna get it. There are a few different reasons to really push to the paint this game:

1. Their shot blocking is weakened without Capella
                2. Harden games are inherently tight whistle games, so use that to our advantage and look for the contact inside
                3. We've got several guys that have a really strong inside/penetration game in Kawhi and Siakam, and to a lesser extent Norm, Delon & Serge. Go downhill on them and give the refs no choice, rather than prance around on the perimeter too much.

Do the work to earn the calls. Come out feisty and control the pace right from the start. Double the beard and play physical with him on both ends of the floor. Control what you can control. If they go in with this defeatist mentality that not only Harden is unbeatable but the zebras will always be biased towards his team then may as well throw in the towel right now.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Anybody want to get in on guessing Harden's point total tonight? Winner will gain the pride of the Republic. I'll say McCaw shuts him down and keeps him to 38.
                  He gets 27. Kawhi and co and end his streak.
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                    He gets 27. Kawhi and co and end his streak.
                    When "just 27" is considered a shut down...and is also highly, highly unlikely you know you're dealing with someone special

Seriously guys, Harden is on a scoring tear that not even Michael Jordan did..only wilt Chamberlain has ever been this hot this long.

The good news is, the team around is bad, and I dont mean Michael Jackson bad.

I say harden gets 45..raps by 6

Comment

i say he get 35 raps win by 10
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I say 36 and the Raptors win.

Comment

I'm gonna be dumb and go with Harden is held to 18 points and single digit assists and the Raps win comfortably.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Harden is going to break Kobe's record tonight
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Houston has had a weird last seven games. They've lost to the sixers, nets and magic and beaten a soft lineup of the cavs, grizz, lakers and knicks.

Comment

People here overrate Harden so much smh. Forget Jordan, he's not even in Kobe's league.

I'd put him in the T-Mac tier.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X