Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a " fan " do you want what Davis is doing or Do you want what Chris Bosh did .

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As a " fan " do you want what Davis is doing or Do you want what Chris Bosh did .

    Chris Bosh played good solider and played out his contract and said he gave the Raptors an opportunity to re-sign but the result is the franchise didn't get anything for the asset . AD with 1 and 1/2 years left in his contract wants out ... What is the preferred action do you want from your franchise player .

  • #2
    You want that player underpaid, loyal and not to start a fuss if you trade him.

    But that's not how the world works.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bosh didnt give us a chance to resign..his mind was made up. But I find Bosh move more ethical. Play out the contract you signed. I think trade demands are usually BS if you signed a deal unless extreme circumstances (not winning isnt extreme circumstance)

      But also nobody is complaining because 10 franchises really really want him
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Bosh strung us along and used a facial injury to sit out. If he told management he wasn't coming back we ought to have traded him at the deadline. Then we wouldn't have just gotten TPE.

        Davis told the organization. Meaning they have options. By telling the world you can arguably say he took the heat for the organization. Demps telling the world he was looking to trade him without word from AD can look like money grubbing rich people screwing the fans.

        IMHO direct honesty gives you options, faux(or not) humility and earnestness left us scrambling.

        Comment


        • #5
          there's a third option where the player tells the organization quietly without strong-arming them into making a move and severely hurting their leverage.

          i prefer that

          Comment


          • #6
            Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
            Bosh strung us along and used a facial injury to sit out. If he told management he wasn't coming back we ought to have traded him at the deadline. Then we wouldn't have just gotten TPE.

            Davis told the organization. Meaning they have options. By telling the world you can arguably say he took the heat for the organization. Demps telling the world he was looking to trade him without word from AD can look like money grubbing rich people screwing the fans.

            IMHO direct honesty gives you options, faux(or not) humility and earnestness left us scrambling.
            I like this.

            Even when a player is honest (I'm going to give my team a fair chance to sign me") and he bolts, you are left with nothing.

            If the player at least gives heads up that he isn't coming back (at least a year or more before free agency) the team has the time to field interest and recoupe some of the loss for the future.

            But you do need to have a good GM to find that deal, otherwise you are Rob Babcock who just gave away a top 10-15 player for useless garbage.

            Comment


            • #7
              Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              Bosh strung us along and used a facial injury to sit out. If he told management he wasn't coming back we ought to have traded him at the deadline. Then we wouldn't have just gotten TPE.

              Davis told the organization. Meaning they have options. By telling the world you can arguably say he took the heat for the organization. Demps telling the world he was looking to trade him without word from AD can look like money grubbing rich people screwing the fans.

              IMHO direct honesty gives you options, faux(or not) humility and earnestness left us scrambling.
              They're apples and oranges tho. If Davis told them 12 months he doesnt plan on resigning, that's different, and let's the franchise chart their path. Hes just strong arming them into a move.

              Bosh played out his contract and whether we like it or not he was free to do whatever, and no obligation to care about the Raptors asset management for the future
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mamba Mentality

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Fury wrote: View Post
                    Ah yes the old Joe lunchpail making 50k comparison
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      They're apples and oranges tho. If Davis told them 12 months he doesnt plan on resigning, that's different, and let's the franchise chart their path. Hes just strong arming them into a move.

                      Bosh played out his contract and whether we like it or not he was free to do whatever, and no obligation to care about the Raptors asset management for the future
                      To crib for a rapper, they both fruit though

                      Look give points to people for honouring the contract. Hell blame an idiot with decision making power for putting his organization in a position where they could lose everything for nothing.

                      Just don't act like, Riley Bosh Wade LeBron figured this out between the Finals and Free Agency. They had a plan and had uncertainty, so Bosh hedged by saying oh maybe I'll come back if they do x, y, z, when his intent was to get paid and go to south beach. Meaning they don't trade him and his S&T was still around come FA. If he's straight up we trade him at the deadline and he loses money.

                      Davis is doing the same thing (managing his options as best he can), except completely in the open.
                      Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Wed Jan 30, 2019, 03:25 PM. Reason: Equivocation Clarity in the last line

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                        To crib for a rapper, they both fruit though

                        Look give points to people for honouring the contract. Hell blame an idiot with decision making power for putting his organization in a position where they could lose everything for nothing.

                        Just don't act like, Riley Bosh Wade LeBron figured this out between the Finals and Free Agency. They had a plan and had uncertainty, so Bosh hedged by saying oh maybe I'll come back if they do x, y, z, when his intent was to get paid and go to south beach. Meaning they don't trade him and his S&T was still around come FA. If he's straight up we trade him at the deadline and he loses money.

                        Davis is doing the same thing (managing his options as best he can), except completely in the open.
                        Davis didnt tell them hes not resigning. He said "trade me now"

                        Yall letting your hate or resentment for the 2010 lbj "decision" that rocked us to the core blind you. Bosh played by the rules and colangelo got caught with his pants down. I knew he wasnt likely coming back. Davis is not following the rules of the CBA. Hence the fine.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Leaving your CO with his pants down isn't being a good soldier, it's funny af and merited by their incompetence, just we got asked which is better and the enemy you know is better than the enemy you don't.

                          Facts clearly I'm still bent about it, so I'm going to leave it alone

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Fury wrote: View Post
                            There's another out of touch athlete. Asking for a raise is hardly "not honouring your contract" lol
                            What a maroon .....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The problem is that even if an athlete is quiet about his demands.. they get leaked. Reporters want in on that gossip. Guys like Woj are tight with agents.

                              If a player whispers quietly to his owner/GM that he wants out.. and the owner/GM then makes a private call to another owner/GM or to that player's agent, etc.. guess what? Someone will find out. And then it becomes public... and then the whole thing will turn sour.

                              There is no right way about it. One side of the fence will get f@cked. Bosh left the team in shambles but played out his contract like a professional. AD looks like a dick but is actually giving Demps and his organization time to put a package together and get somewhat of a decent return for him. I mean Kyrie didn't seem like a dick head at the time but he did the same thing AD did just a lot earlier in the season. Cavs got a lottery pick out of it.

                              Butler was a huge ass hole.. but Thibs still had plenty of time to find a good deal for him.

                              Carter did what Butler did (maybe worse since he dogged it), but due to impatience or stupidity or both.. Babcock made a crappy trade. Melo wanted out of Denver and Masai got a great deal out of it (in a 4 team trade no less).

                              But then you have situations like Deron Williams where Utah just punted him to Brooklyn before Williams even had a chance to complain.. or maybe he did privately and we just didn't know?

                              Ultimately as a "fan" I'd rather have my team be in an optimal position when its star wants to leave. With the Bosh move, S&T's were normal. Now not so much. So if we had a star now that took off (like Kawhi), there would be no compensation. And that can really wreck a team.

                              I wish in the NBA teams can get compensated when a player leaves in free agency. Like a draft pick depending on how much money that player gets in their next contract. If its a max type deal you get a first rounder (or two). If not than a second rounder.

                              Or don't make S&T's so difficult. I never really understood why they made it hard to sign and trade someone. Isn't it better to get some compensation for developing and then losing a star over just not getting anything at all?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X