Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a " fan " do you want what Davis is doing or Do you want what Chris Bosh did .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Davis and his agent have flat out told everyone he 100% intends to go to LA with Lebron when his contract is up.

The NBA is a joke.
    Source?

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Davis and his agent have flat out told everyone he 100% intends to go to LA with Lebron when his contract is up.

The NBA is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Davis didnt say he wouldnt re-sign but its all the same if he did that means trade him and the sooner the better return.

Re Bosh it was bad because he said he would consider everyone when in fact he already decided but its nothing compared to Colangelos mistake of not trading him as soon as he declined the extension. Indidnt want max goin to bosh anyway

McGrady was worse he said hed listen to everyone then declined a sit down with Grunwald.

And ya Vince did dog it he made the whole thing into a soap opera.

Those three guys are what about 15 all star appearances and what did we get eric williams and popeye jones? This org has a history of fukin up
    What I don't like about AD and it's the Lebron effect , isn't the fact he isn't going to resign ( and he isn't saying so now in order to help the franchise ) he is doing it now cause he wants to go to LA a year and 1/2 before his contract isn't finished .

What I mean about the Lebron effect is it's like your convincing a woman to leave a guy who is in a relationship . For his own purposes he wants to destroy another situation . IF he wanted to play with AD he could have went to the Pelicans last summer .
    Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jan 31, 2019, 02:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Davis didnt say he wouldnt re-sign but its all the same if he did that means trade him and the sooner the better return.

Re Bosh it was bad because he said he would consider everyone when in fact he already decided but its nothing compared to Colangelos mistake of not trading him as soon as he declined the extension. Indidnt want max goin to bosh anyway

McGrady was worse he said hed listen to everyone then declined a sit down with Grunwald.

Those three guys are what about 15 all star appearances and what did we get eric williams and popeye jones? This org has a history of fukin up
    McGrady was on the Jump talking about today's players trying to self create super teams . Wow didn't he Hill and Duncan try to do the same thing but only accomplished 2 / 3 of it .

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    There's another out of touch athlete. Asking for a raise is hardly "not honouring your contract" lol
    What a maroon .....
    NFL players don't show up when they want a raise for a reason... their contracts aren't guaranteed. It would be devastating to get injured in practice while they're fighting for a raise.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post
    there's a third option where the player tells the organization quietly without strong-arming them into making a move and severely hurting their leverage.

i prefer that
    You guys are assuming that Bryan Colangelo wouldn't have leaked the news that Bosh wanted out to try to paint him the villain. I learned that most people in these positions probably can't be trusted, especially BC.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The problem is that even if an athlete is quiet about his demands.. they get leaked. Reporters want in on that gossip. Guys like Woj are tight with agents.

If a player whispers quietly to his owner/GM that he wants out.. and the owner/GM then makes a private call to another owner/GM or to that player's agent, etc.. guess what? Someone will find out. And then it becomes public... and then the whole thing will turn sour.

There is no right way about it. One side of the fence will get f@cked. Bosh left the team in shambles but played out his contract like a professional. AD looks like a dick but is actually giving Demps and his organization time to put a package together and get somewhat of a decent return for him. I mean Kyrie didn't seem like a dick head at the time but he did the same thing AD did just a lot earlier in the season. Cavs got a lottery pick out of it.

Butler was a huge ass hole.. but Thibs still had plenty of time to find a good deal for him.

Carter did what Butler did (maybe worse since he dogged it), but due to impatience or stupidity or both.. Babcock made a crappy trade. Melo wanted out of Denver and Masai got a great deal out of it (in a 4 team trade no less).

But then you have situations like Deron Williams where Utah just punted him to Brooklyn before Williams even had a chance to complain.. or maybe he did privately and we just didn't know?

Ultimately as a "fan" I'd rather have my team be in an optimal position when its star wants to leave. With the Bosh move, S&T's were normal. Now not so much. So if we had a star now that took off (like Kawhi), there would be no compensation. And that can really wreck a team.

I wish in the NBA teams can get compensated when a player leaves in free agency. Like a draft pick depending on how much money that player gets in their next contract. If its a max type deal you get a first rounder (or two). If not than a second rounder.

Or don't make S&T's so difficult. I never really understood why they made it hard to sign and trade someone. Isn't it better to get some compensation for developing and then losing a star over just not getting anything at all?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    There's another out of touch athlete. Asking for a raise is hardly "not honouring your contract" lol
    What a maroon .....

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    Leaving your CO with his pants down isn't being a good soldier, it's funny af and merited by their incompetence, just we got asked which is better and the enemy you know is better than the enemy you don't.

Facts clearly I'm still bent about it, so I'm going to leave it alone

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    To crib for a rapper, they both fruit though

Look give points to people for honouring the contract. Hell blame an idiot with decision making power for putting his organization in a position where they could lose everything for nothing.

Just don't act like, Riley Bosh Wade LeBron figured this out between the Finals and Free Agency. They had a plan and had uncertainty, so Bosh hedged by saying oh maybe I'll come back if they do x, y, z, when his intent was to get paid and go to south beach. Meaning they don't trade him and his S&T was still around come FA. If he's straight up we trade him at the deadline and he loses money.

Davis is doing the same thing (managing his options as best he can), except completely in the open.
    Davis didnt tell them hes not resigning. He said "trade me now"

Yall letting your hate or resentment for the 2010 lbj "decision" that rocked us to the core blind you. Bosh played by the rules and colangelo got caught with his pants down. I knew he wasnt likely coming back. Davis is not following the rules of the CBA. Hence the fine.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    They're apples and oranges tho. If Davis told them 12 months he doesnt plan on resigning, that's different, and let's the franchise chart their path. Hes just strong arming them into a move.

Bosh played out his contract and whether we like it or not he was free to do whatever, and no obligation to care about the Raptors asset management for the future
    To crib for a rapper, they both fruit though

Look give points to people for honouring the contract. Hell blame an idiot with decision making power for putting his organization in a position where they could lose everything for nothing.

Just don't act like, Riley Bosh Wade LeBron figured this out between the Finals and Free Agency. They had a plan and had uncertainty, so Bosh hedged by saying oh maybe I'll come back if they do x, y, z, when his intent was to get paid and go to south beach. Meaning they don't trade him and his S&T was still around come FA. If he's straight up we trade him at the deadline and he loses money.

Davis is doing the same thing (managing his options as best he can), except completely in the open.
    Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Wed Jan 30, 2019, 03:25 PM. Reason: Equivocation Clarity in the last line

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    Ah yes the old Joe lunchpail making 50k comparison

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment: