Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we trade kawhi at the deadline?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scraptor wrote: View Post



    You said we should be sellers. We were buyers.

    If Kawhi leaves are you going to flip again and say you were right all along?
    No that's not what I said. Read again.

    You guys can keep laughing, but if we don't acquire a second star (we have 1 star on this team right now, not 2 like some seem to think) we have no chance of advancing to the finals or winning the title.

    Barring that I'd engage the Clippers in trade talks. Kawhi for Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and a 1st round pick. We can still compete for the rest of the season and get knocked out in the playoffs like we're going to anyway. Then we can move Gallinari, Lowry and Ibaka's expirings in the summer potentially for picks and young assets.
    Masai then proceeded to trade for Gasol. Maybe not exactly a "second star", but if he didn't make that trade we would've lost in the 2nd round to the Sixers, and then lost Kawhi for nothing.

    I was 100% correct as usual and am the unquestioned king of this site.

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post

      So wait, by your logic, Marc Gasol is a star (as you said we needed to get a second star or should bail on Kawhi), but Lowry and Siakam are not?

      You're unique, I'll give you that.
      Shut the fuck up man.

      Comment


      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

        Shut the fuck up man.
        Come on, man, in what universe is Gasol a bigger star than Lowry or Pascal right now? You want to make these bold proclamations, at least acknowledge when you are way the heck off with your nutty suggestions.

        ​​​​
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post

          Come on, man, in what universe is Gasol a bigger star than Lowry or Pascal right now? You want to make these bold proclamations, at least acknowledge when you are way the heck off with your nutty suggestions.

          ​​​​
          I'm not playing this bullshit game with you fucking zip it.

          Comment


          • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

            No that's not what I said. Read again.



            Masai then proceeded to trade for Gasol. Maybe not exactly a "second star", but if he didn't make that trade we would've lost in the 2nd round to the Sixers, and then lost Kawhi for nothing.
            Yeah none of that was in your original post. You said we don't look like contenders and that we should trade Kawhi and two other players.

            Shaolin Fantastic wrote:
            I was 100% correct as usual and am the unquestioned king of this site.
            Lol only in your fragile deluded head. You are doing a perfect impersonation of Donald Trump with these hilarious mental gymnastics to protect your sensitive ego.

            Comment


            • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

              I'm not playing this bullshit game with you fucking zip it.
              You say something. You're wrong. Someone points it out. You call it a bullshit game.

              You are absolutely right...it is a bullshit game, but it is your bullshit. Your only excuse for this kind of behaviour would be that you are 15 years old and jealous that everyone else on this site understands basketball better than you.

              Stop taking up my valuable time. Try making sense when you post. You'll be doing everyone a favour.

              Nevermind. No point asking for the impossible. I'll just ignore you.

              Comment


              • Mods are watching this thread. Keep the personal attacks out - you can attack an opinion on a topic, but not the person.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • Axel wrote: View Post
                  Mods are watching this thread. Keep the personal attacks out - you can attack an opinion on a topic, but not the person.
                  Gulp ....

                  Comment


                  • Yeah, the entire premise of this thread was badly flawed to begin with.

                    First off: the only reason you acquired Kawhi Leonard was for the playoffs, so you don't trade him before the playoffs. No matter what. The thread should have ended right there.

                    Secondly, you don't judge a team on their championship calibre when Greg Monroe is your backup center, especially knowing that JV (a high impact player and certified playoff performer) was coming back.

                    Thirdly, there was a lot of load management and tons of injuries going on all season with Lowry and Leonard barely playing together to even know what this team's ceiling was.

                    All of these things should have been accounted for by anybody trying to make an intelligent analysis.

                    This whole thread was a classic "prisoner of the moment" over-reaction, which was pointed out at the time and has borne out to be true.... and then some.

                    Comment


                    • Team goes out in round 2 with Ibaka/JV at center instead of Gasol/Ibaka.

                      Comment


                      • i think trading kawhi would have been silly. I understand the sentiment but it would have sent a clear white flag position. You can't just give up mid way through the season. I even think guys like Gasol weren't TRULY integrated into the offence.


                        If we were to get another "star" and by star you know good and well you didn't think of gasol. It would have meant getting either beal or Jimmy Butler, or Harris. All of those minus harris would have meant giving up siakam which would have hurt our flexibility going forward. The mark trade was realistically one of the best situations we could have made.... the only other one would have been mirotic who was played off the floor last series.



                        It's ok to be wrong sometimes...

                        Comment


                        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          Team goes out in round 2 with Ibaka/JV at center instead of Gasol/Ibaka.
                          It's funny because this is almost certainly not true, unless the coaching staff stuck with your misguided idea that Ibaka was a real starting C.

                          But also because even if it was 100% true, it wouldn't make your suggestion to trade Kawhi any smarter.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            i think trading kawhi would have been silly. I understand the sentiment but it would have sent a clear white flag position. You can't just give up mid way through the season. I even think guys like Gasol weren't TRULY integrated into the offence.


                            If we were to get another "star" and by star you know good and well you didn't think of gasol. It would have meant getting either beal or Jimmy Butler, or Harris. All of those minus harris would have meant giving up siakam which would have hurt our flexibility going forward. The mark trade was realistically one of the best situations we could have made.... the only other one would have been mirotic who was played off the floor last series.



                            It's ok to be wrong sometimes...
                            This thread was started a week before the Tobias Harris trade and the main reason we traded for Gasol was as a purely reactive move to the Sixers getting Harris and the Bucks getting Mirotic. It was an Eastern conference arms race. Otherwise, Masai is rolling with JV, Wright & CJ on his championship contending roster... and I'd be fine with that too.

                            Comment


                            • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              i think trading kawhi would have been silly. I understand the sentiment but it would have sent a clear white flag position. You can't just give up mid way through the season. I even think guys like Gasol weren't TRULY integrated into the offence.


                              If we were to get another "star" and by star you know good and well you didn't think of gasol. It would have meant getting either beal or Jimmy Butler, or Harris. All of those minus harris would have meant giving up siakam which would have hurt our flexibility going forward. The mark trade was realistically one of the best situations we could have made.... the only other one would have been mirotic who was played off the floor last series.



                              It's ok to be wrong sometimes...
                              That's all that needs to be said. A bigger person admits when they were wrong. Fragile people always double down and find excuses, its always not their fault for whatever reason
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

                              Comment


                              • golden wrote: View Post

                                This thread was started a week before the Tobias Harris trade and the main reason we traded for Gasol was as a purely reactive move to the Sixers getting Harris and the Bucks getting Mirotic. It was an Eastern conference arms race. Otherwise, Masai is rolling with JV, Wright & CJ on his championship contending roster... and I'd be fine with that too.
                                i miss wright the most tbh

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X