This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Right now? 100%. They do it, of course. Gives them the inside edge in FA. The Raptors obviously wouldn't be so dumb as to bail on their chance at keeping Kawhi though.

The summer is entirely different. At that point, the Clippers would presumably have already won the Kawhi race in FA if the teams are even having the conversation, and have zero reason to give up so much when they can just ink him outright, and find a team to take Gallo for a couple of their own depreciated draft assets. The Raptors at that point would obviously be willing to do it, as they'd have lost the Kawhi race, but it would be too late then (though they could recoup some more mediocre assets from LA for taking back Gallo, possibly). Which is the risk Ujiri took in the summer, so c'est la vie.
    I didn't say anything about the summer? We're not getting jackshit for him in the summer.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      I didn't say anything about the summer? We're not getting jackshit for him in the summer.
      Just assumed because we've already established that there is literally no universe in which Masai would trade Kawhi today.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Just assumed because we've already established that there is literally no universe in which Masai would trade Kawhi today.
        Well you should maybe think better and not make assumptions then.

Comment

This doesn’t look like a title contender. Barely playing above .500 the last 30 games. It might be wise to play the lakers and clippers against each other and get whatever assets we can get for him. Should explore moving Lowry and ibaka as well.
          Good call bro.

Shaolin ‘maybe I’m not always right’ Fantastic.

Comment

Lol, it’s late now but this thread is primed for someone getting dunked on in the morning......
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              Lol, it’s late now but this thread is primed for someone getting dunked on in the morning......
              Shaolin "Alton Lister" Fantastic.

Comment

So what was the final verdict in here?

Comment

I see some things never change lol
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

You guys can keep laughing, but if we don't acquire a second star (we have 1 star on this team right now, not 2 like some seem to think) we have no chance of advancing to the finals or winning the title.

Barring that I'd engage the Clippers in trade talks. Kawhi for Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and a 1st round pick. We can still compete for the rest of the season and get knocked out in the playoffs like we're going to anyway. Then we can move Gallinari, Lowry and Ibaka's expirings in the summer potentially for picks and young assets.
                    hahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Comment

• You can laugh at that but we DID get Marc Gasol so I wasn't wrong.

If we still had JV the Sixers would've beaten us in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        This doesnt look like a title contender. Barely playing above .500 the last 30 games. It might be wise to play the lakers and clippers against each other and get whatever assets we can get for him. Should explore moving Lowry and ibaka as well.
                        You can laugh at that but we DID get Marc Gasol so I wasn't wrong.

You said we should be sellers. We were buyers.

If Kawhi leaves are you going to flip again and say you were right all along?

Comment

You were deadg wrong, it was Kawhi who saved those series and JV was always a plus net positive player in the playoffs. The fuck with this random assumption. Go get some common sense.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• shao is a tim w burner

Comment

So wait, by your logic, Marc Gasol is a star (as you said we needed to get a second star or should bail on Kawhi), but Lowry and Siakam are not?

You're unique, I'll give you that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This guy is the ultimate troll, he's been at it for years, that's dedication

Comment

Working...
                                X