Game 55: Raps @ 76ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Yeah, Lowry can score zero points and people will still say he dominated the game. Ibaka is having a career year and posters are calling him dog-poop. Serge and Pascal have been the most consistent Raps this year.
    Poor Serge got like 3 votes for all star from his mom, girlfriend and brother...and amidst all the hoopla for siakam, Ibaka has slightly better numbers across the board in less minutes
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Ibaka is still criminally underrated by us. Give him 7 straight double doubles nobodys done that since Bosh. With JV out this long wed be FUCKED without serges play
      You bet. Quietly second highest scorer on the team now, and also 3rd best 2pt FG% in the league (#1 in the league from the right elbow). Rim protection also has been there, and even rebounding and screens have improved.

Btw, this was a statement win on national TV against a very good East team that is typically very hard to beat on their home court. It's funny, that doesn't get pointed out much, unless we had lost it, in which case all that all of a sudden would become very significant.

Well rounded game from and starters and bench, game looked fluid too. Hope they can keep the momentum going towards the ASG break.

Comment

Poor Serge got like 3 votes for all star from his mom, girlfriend and brother...and amidst all the hoopla for siakam, Ibaka has slightly better numbers across the board in less minutes
        I was voting for him... but I was also voting for Danny Green.

Comment

• Nice solid win. Never surrendered the lead even though the Refs made it closer than it should have been. Serge was great in the limited time he was out there. Just banging really hard with Embiid all night.. making Joel work hard on defense.

Lowry was on fire which was nice. Kawhi didn't have to work as hard.

Moose was pretty bad. Really feel for the guy. He tries really hard, just isn't that good.

If JV played we would have won by 20. If we had a different crew reffing the game we would have won by 40.

Comment

• OG is our king

Comment

• Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant Lowry risked his job when he made the comment about masai.

Comment

I'm still waiting to see where he DOES fit in..hes starting to turn into one of those great Individual talents that cant take charge of a team like Carmelo or McGrady
                ? Butler is a defensive killer and actually passes the ball, he's nothing like Melo. You don't want him to be your first option. You want him to be a secondary creator and stopper.

The dude was a major problem for Lebron in the playoffs as a Bull. He will be a problem again this playoffs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, Lowry can score zero points and people will still say he dominated the game. Ibaka is having a career year and posters are calling him dog-poop. Serge and Pascal have been the most consistent Raps this year.
                  16-8 and 2 blocks on 58 TS% but somehow he's garbage and the reason we lose, and it was a bad idea to play him at center.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    ? Butler is a defensive killer and actually passes the ball, he's nothing like Melo. You don't want him to be your first option. You want him to be a secondary creator and stopper.

The dude was a major problem for Lebron in the playoffs as a Bull. He will be a problem again this playoffs.
                    Butler is for sure the x-factor in a playoff series. If he takes control on both ends of the floor he will be a major problem. But will he get the chance to take over, at least offensively? With Embiid and Simmons getting most of the shot creation and ball handling duties, it's hard to understand exactly what Philly wants from Butler. He's certainly more than a 3&D player. He's a #2 playing as a #3 and clearly he isn't being maximized in Philly. Philly, I think, lost their patience and basically wanted to go from full on tank to title contender in a season. I understand that it was a lengthy process acquiring their top tier talent, but I think they may have overstepped with the Butler move, and now with Harris as well. Harris too, will likely be underutilized in Philly, but at least was not acquired at the expense of high end role players. Although losing those picks might look like a bad move down the line. But really, all you really need around Embiid and Simmons is some high end role players that can shoot and/or defend and a good ball handler/playmaker or scorer to come off the bench. So unless Harris or Butler want to be a 6MOY candidate, I'm not sure I follow the logic of the past couple of trades Philly has made. I feel like they may have been better off with Saric, Covington, the picks they've sacrificed, and another year or two of development for the group. But ultimately, the playoffs will tell the tale, so I should reserve judgement until we can criticize their playoff performance.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      I hate Philly more than Boston
                      I can't hate Embiid more than Irving and the ghost of jackazz Paul Pierce
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Feb 6, 2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• We broke the Sixers

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          We broke the Sixers
                          Yeah.. that was an interesting trade by a less than 3 month GM....

So you traded for another Jimmy Butler type in Harris. Upside is.. he won't piss off the other 14 guys on the team. The cost .. and its steep .. to hedge your bet on Butler is that you had to give up some pretty. no really, good stuff to get him to fix the Butler miss. The price was an unprotected first and another first.. The guys in Clipperland are breaking out the cigars and 20 year old scotch for sure as they shape their team for 2022... which also sends a signal to Leonard that we are building a team for 3 years from now.... So maybe Leonard signs tor two plus an option here in the six.

To me .. the committee of one... I think this is signalling the intent of the Hinkies to move on from Butler and that the inexperience of Brand is starting to show ... in the Raps favour....

Its a semi panic move.. but one that signals that the Hinkies see they are the 4th team in a 4 team race.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 6, 2019, 11:15 AM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

So you traded for another Jimmy Butler type in Harris. Upside is.. he won't piss off the other 14 guys on the team. The cost .. and its steep .. to hedge your bet on Butler is that you had to give up some pretty. no really, good stuff to get him to fix the Butler miss. The price was an unprotected first and another first.. The guys in Clipperland are breaking out the cigars and 20 year old scotch for sure as they shape their team for 2022... which also sends a signal to Leonard that we are building a team for 3 years from now.... So maybe Leonard signs tor two plus an option here in the six.

To me .. the committee of one... I think this is signalling the intent of the Hinkies to move on from Butler and that the inexperience of Brand is starting to show ... in the Raps favour....

Its a semi panic move.. but one that signals that the Hinkies see they are the 4th team in a 4 team race.
                            I think it signals to Kawhi that the Clippers are no better than us.

Even if they get AD that lineup isn't functionally much better than ours, if that. So he gets the unceremonious honor of getting blow out by the Warriors sooner.

If the Clippers really and trully get young build from this bravo for them.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Steeep price for a 3-month rental. Sixers have some tough choices. Do you really want to commit say, 55-60M/yr to Butler and Harris for 4 years? They are praying for chemistry.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                I think it signals to Kawhi that the Clippers are no better than us.

Even if they get AD that lineup isn't functionally much better than ours, if that. So he gets the unceremonious honor of getting blow out by the Warriors sooner.

If the Clippers really and trully get young build from this bravo for them.
                                This is delusional. Kawhi and Davis in LA longterm would be the coup de grĂ¢ce to the warriors.

I still think masai has a trick up his sleeve to keep this from happening. That might be delusional also.

So we can both be delusional.

Comment

Working...
                                X