Game 55: Raps @ 76ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-troop wrote: View Post
    This is delusional. Kawhi and Davis in LA longterm would be the coup de grĂ¢ce to the warriors.

I still think masai has a trick up his sleeve to keep this from happening. That might be delusional also.

So we can both be delusional.
    I'm all for irrational support of MU.

Just Shai, Lou, AD, Kawhi, Harrel, and Danillo isn't much of a team.

Comment

• Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
        I'm all for irrational support of MU.

Just Shai, Lou, AD, Kawhi, Harrel, and Danillo isn't much of a team.
        If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
          If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be.
          Boom. Who expected a sage life lesson from c-troop at 10:45am on a Wednesday morning?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Boom. Who expected a sage life lesson from c-troop at 10:45am on a Wednesday morning?
            Hahaha cheers Golden! Let's hope Masai is full of surprises today also.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Steeep price for a 3-month rental. Sixers have some tough choices. Do you really want to commit say, 55-60M/yr to Butler and Harris for 4 years? They are praying for chemistry.
              The scary part is that price range may be optimistic... Term, too...
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Hinkies have dumped every gram of dry powder they had into this deal... Its either going to work or not. Philly is betting it will. We will know by May if it worked on the court.. and by July if it works in the omnipresent game of futures that NBA teams play.

Harris is a younger Butler but without the hype that Butler bings. If I were Jimmy I would be putting my place in Philly up for sale. Harris should be happy as he goes from a team that aint good enough to a one that might be. If your a Hinkies fan I'd say the sentitment is between wary and worried. I'd be worried becuz if this doesn't work out I just gave up 75% of my draft futures for the next 3 years for two UFA's . Thats a huge chunk of my right now players with upside for two guys that might.. or might not.. make me competitive in this years championship run. Its not an over the top move.

Philly this year has pivoted and have pushed in a ton of chips as they break from THE PROCESS...

Leaving are:
                Covington, Saric, Landry Shamet (a young and cheap wing who can hit the 3) and two first round picks.. one of them being an UNPROTECTED pick from the Heat who look to be bad for the time this conveys .. and an incremental 2nd rounder. A lot you might say...

So what did you get for that ?
                A disgruntled 30 year old Jimmy Butler who is a UFA and a doppelganger to Butler in Tobias Harris who is a few years younger but who too is UFA that can walk in 150 days.

All that certainty for two guys who could walk away.
                For nothing.
                I don't expect that both will walk.. but its not unreasonable to think that one will.

We see how this plays out for Philly in the next 6 months but its a helluva price to pay to make a run this year when your the 4th best team in a 4 team race.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 6, 2019, 01:20 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  ? Butler is a defensive killer and actually passes the ball, he's nothing like Melo. You don't want him to be your first option. You want him to be a secondary creator and stopper.

The dude was a major problem for Lebron in the playoffs as a Bull. He will be a problem again this playoffs.
                  He passes sure but hes still a ball stopping iso player for the most part with an average 3 pt shot. That style only works with the elite ones like kd, harden, Kawhi. And butler prefers to be ther first option, hes an awkward fit as 2nd or 3rd option.

All I know is I've seen him go team to team now and for a supposed top 10ish player I've never seen him change fortunes a ton with an impact on winning.

The jury's still out. I'll eat crow if they get out of the 2nd round but I'd way rather meet them than Boston
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

XD dumbass
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

How you supposed to be the best player in the world? Bruh ain't even the best player on his own team

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          How you supposed to be the best player in the world? Bruh ain't even the best player on his own team
                          LOL. Guy is delusional. Curry is the king in Oakland. Durant had his chance to be the best player in the world and then he choked it away against GS in the playoffs a few years ago. Durant is a nice #2 but he isn't a #1 on a championship team. He's proven that over and over again.

This is also part of what is wrong with the league right now. Durant didn't beat Lebron. The Warriors beat the Cavs. If I'm his teammate I have zero time for this guy.

Comment

• If Kawhi leaves, who do the Raps go and get? Kyle is also off the book, along with Ibaka in 2 years... so they will have a ton of cap space to play with.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              LOL. Guy is delusional. Curry is the king in Oakland. Durant had his chance to be the best player in the world and then he choked it away against GS in the playoffs a few years ago. Durant is a nice #2 but he isn't a #1 on a championship team. He's proven that over and over again.

This is also part of what is wrong with the league right now. Durant didn't beat Lebron. The Warriors beat the Cavs. If I'm his teammate I have zero time for this guy.
                              2x Finals MVP does make a statement. Yet, I agree with you. I feel like KD has to win a chip solo to earn the respect of the masses. I think he'll win more rings than Curry or any current Warrior when all is said and done for his career though.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                                If Kawhi leaves, who do the Raps go and get? Kyle is also off the book, along with Ibaka in 2 years... so they will have a ton of cap space to play with.
                                Kyle is under contract for next year and we have no space. This had been discussed ad nauseam

Comment

Working...
                                X