Game 55: Raps @ 76ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Kyle is under contract for next year and we have no space. This had been discussed ad nauseam
    so...kawhi or die?

yes i know kyle is on the books next year. im assuming if kawhi leaves we should have money still have 25 mil or so to work with no? i dont know the cap situation off hand right now.

and im talking after next seaosn when kyle, ibaka and jv is off the books...assuming we likely wont be re-signing kyle or ibaka (maybe jv) we got tons to work with after next year.

i just want kyle to show up to work so if kawhi does happen to leave and we cant find anyone else, we start a quick re-build and get a pick or so for kyle and maybe even ibaka... and try to get competitive again in 2-3 years...
    Last edited by sanyo; Wed Feb 6, 2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
      so...kawhi or die?

yes i know kyle is on the books next year. im assuming if kawhi leaves we should have money still have 25 mil or so to work with no? i dont know the cap situation off hand right now.
      No as it stands now we're quite a ways over the cap with one of the leagues highest payroll.

It's not quiet Kawhi or die, when you have masai
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        The Hinkies have dumped every gram of dry powder they had into this deal... Its either going to work or not. Philly is betting it will. We will know by May if it worked on the court.. and by July if it works in the omnipresent game of futures that NBA teams play.

Harris is a younger Butler but without the hype that Butler bings. If I were Jimmy I would be putting my place in Philly up for sale. Harris should be happy as he goes from a team that aint good enough to a one that might be. If your a Hinkies fan I'd say the sentitment is between wary and worried. I'd be worried becuz if this doesn't work out I just gave up 75% of my draft futures for the next 3 years for two UFA's . Thats a huge chunk of my right now players with upside for two guys that might.. or might not.. make me competitive in this years championship run. Its not an over the top move.

Philly this year has pivoted and have pushed in a ton of chips as they break from THE PROCESS...

Leaving are:
        Covington, Saric, Landry Shamet (a young and cheap wing who can hit the 3) and two first round picks.. one of them being an UNPROTECTED pick from the Heat who look to be bad for the time this conveys .. and an incremental 2nd rounder. A lot you might say...

So what did you get for that ?
        A disgruntled 30 year old Jimmy Butler who is a UFA and a doppelganger to Butler in Tobias Harris who is a few years younger but who too is UFA that can walk in 150 days.

All that certainty for two guys who could walk away.
        For nothing.
        I don't expect that both will walk.. but its not unreasonable to think that one will.

We see how this plays out for Philly in the next 6 months but its a helluva price to pay to make a run this year when your the 4th best team in a 4 team race.
        I feel extra good about my hot take on this as perennially wrong Tracy Mcgrady likes it....

It’s odd that mcgrady spends all his time talking about Boston and philly..teams 3 and 4 in the race as opposed to teams 1 and 2....that and good ship LALaker which is taking on water faster than they can bail
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 6, 2019, 04:58 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Working...
        X