Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Who are the number of above average 3 point shooters over the Kawhi Serge and Pascal I mentioned. Forgot Green, who else you got?
    Green, Kawhi, Norm and FVV are all shooting above league average.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

    Comment


    • Jclaw wrote: View Post
      It looks like Marc should be holding up a newspaper showing proof of life What shady place was this taken in?
      Some seedy hotel on Jarvis street.

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        I find it hilarious that yet another narrative persists when there is absolutely zero basis for it. Serge at PF was never an issue when he had a competent C beside him (JV, that is). They were part of a dominant starting lineup last year (one of the very best heavy minutes lineups in the league) and no, they were not the problem in the playoffs - that pairing remained one of our stronger pairings in both rounds of the playoffs, even with Serge's individual scoring struggles.

        And with Gasol as the C, presumably you could run the same pick actions with Serge as they are now, with Gasol able to provide at least as much spacing as Siakam does.

        Serge at PF would be fine. I wouldn't start him there, but I would give him minutes beside Gasol for a few minutes in the middle of every Q to buy Siakam some rest (4 minutes each Q would do it even if OG gets moved to full time SF, which I doubt, so probably more like 2-3 minutes each Q).
        The issue is not the effect Serge had on the team as PF , is the effect the PF position had on him last year. Serge at PF last year had a garbage season. Serge at C this year is having one of the best seasons of his career. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I can see why people are reluctant in having him as the 4 again.

        Comment


        • inthepaint wrote: View Post
          The issue is not the effect Serge had on the team as PF , is the effect the PF position had on him last year. Serge at PF last year had a garbage season. Serge at C this year is having one of the best seasons of his career. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I can see why people are reluctant in having him as the 4 again.
          Okay, so by what measure was Serge's last year garbage, and by what measures is he having one of the best seasons of his career? Like, he looks to be having a moderately more successful season so far by production (eg, .136 WS/48 vs .117). But most of that is just him having a higher usage rate with essentially the same efficiency as last season. He has somewhat better offensive rebounding numbers, but keep in mind he probably maintains those since Gasol tends to operate in the high post or above the arc, leaving Ibaka free to crash the glass much the same.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Okay, so by what measure was Serge's last year garbage, and by what measures is he having one of the best seasons of his career? Like, he looks to be having a moderately more successful season so far by production (eg, .136 WS/48 vs .117). But most of that is just him having a higher usage rate with essentially the same efficiency as last season. He has somewhat better offensive rebounding numbers, but keep in mind he probably maintains those since Gasol tends to operate in the high post or above the arc, leaving Ibaka free to crash the glass much the same.
            Ok , so let me get this straight, are you saying that Ibaka's last season and this season are about the same?

            If so, I'm afraid you're the only one who thinks this. I mean, we can make a poll. One of last year's favorite pastimes was try to figure out ways to get rid of Ibaka that would hurt the less, as he was pretty much a negative asset/albatross contract. This year (whether it is because he is playing at C or not), he's averaging the highest PPG of his career, around the best rebounding of his career (close to his prime 2012-2015 seasons), with better rim protection, better shot selection, better decision making , now second highest scorer on the team, and 3rd on the league in in FG% from the right elbow on the pick'npop. Better passer too, even his assists number are the best of his career. So if this is not his best season ever is pretty close, and compared that to last year it's night and day, multiple articles having been written about the complete turnaround.

            Comment


            • Multiple articles have been written about the perception of his turnaround. I agree that the perception is as you describe it. Reality, not so much. He's been moderately better. He's largely the same player. He was over-criticized last season, under-criticized this season. Therein lies most of the perception gap between the two.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                Multiple articles have been written about the perception of his turnaround. I agree that the perception is as you describe it. Reality, not so much. He's been moderately better. He's largely the same player. He was over-criticized last season, under-criticized this season. Therein lies most of the perception gap between the two.
                So every analyst and fan is just "perceiving" Ibaka's season to be a significant turnaround from last season. It's not really happening. it's just that everyone (other than you) is "perceiving" that. Ok then.

                Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Feb 9th, 2019, 03:08 AM.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Remember how you cried and ate ice cream and watched the notebook for a week when DeMar left? Theres a lot of jv "fanboys" here, myself included. This one hurts for us
                  Wow, this is rich. You threw shade for months at anyone who felt bad about DeMar.

                  What happened to "I only care about the name on the front of the jersey" and "I'm a fan of the team and not the player" and "anyone who's a DeMar fanboy can go follow the Spurs"? Jeez man, I hope you can see the hypocrisy.

                  Being a fan of the team IS being a fan of the players, and when they are longtime parts of the story you follow for years and years, it sucks to see them go. Like I'm glad we got Marc but I'm sad about JV. I was glad that we got Kawhi but I was sad about DeMar. Hopefully even Christian can see how something can be positive and bittersweet at the same time.

                  Comment


                  • DanH you have completely lost the plot if you think Serge is only playing marginally better at C than PF.

                    Comment


                    • Ibaka’s 2017-2018 season is criticized for several reasons mainly his playoffs being terrible. In terms of playoff performance last season was bad or among the worst of his career.

                      He’s clearly playing better this year. Points/rebounds/assists per game all better. If you don’t like those stats his Fg% is better his TS% is better his AST% is better his OFFRTG and NETRTG are better.

                      Comment


                      • What were Serge's minutes like before JV went down, compared to last year. I thought he was playing lower minutes and that was having an impact in terms of him being rested. No question he is reaching career highs in this last two month stretch, though. Is it the positional change? PF to center? Is it playing beside Kawhi and Siakim and the gravity they draw, opening things up for him a bit more? Are his numbers better because of personnel changes, or because his play has improved. He seems to be putting out a more consistent effort, but is still a terrible ell defender. He doesn't seem to move his feet laterally very much unless he sees an opportunity for a block.

                        Comment


                        • Puffer wrote: View Post
                          What were Serge's minutes like before JV went down, compared to last year. I thought he was playing lower minutes and that was having an impact in terms of him being rested. No question he is reaching career highs in this last two month stretch, though. Is it the positional change? PF to center? Is it playing beside Kawhi and Siakim and the gravity they draw, opening things up for him a bit more? Are his numbers better because of personnel changes, or because his play has improved. He seems to be putting out a more consistent effort, but is still a terrible ell defender. He doesn't seem to move his feet laterally very much unless he sees an opportunity for a block.
                          This year the Raptors and Serge know exactly where he needs to get the ball and make a concerted effort to get him the ball in his spots. The pick and pop. The bounce/pocket passes for high elbow jumpers. Post ups where he has tons more space because JV is not on the floor. Open 3's and open J's.

                          Last year Serge was trying to do too much too often. The out of control drives into traffic. Ugh.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                          Comment


                          • These got me hype.







                            Comment


                            • Its funny on that first video they have to rely on 2Pat to guard Gasol. JV can't do it.

                              I'm hoping we see a shorter bench in some games and unveil playoff mode Raptors a little. I think Gasol's passing, defensive ability and veteran craftiness is going to be a big help.

                              We have a team of experienced vets and guys who know how to win. With a nice blend of young guys with motors in Siakam and bench guys like OG and McCaw that we can stick in for spells to give us energy and defense.

                              Comment


                              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                                This year the Raptors and Serge know exactly where he needs to get the ball and make a concerted effort to get him the ball in his spots. The pick and pop. The bounce/pocket passes for high elbow jumpers. Post ups where he has tons more space because JV is not on the floor. Open 3's and open J's.

                                Last year Serge was trying to do too much too often. The out of control drives into traffic. Ugh.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X