Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rocwell wrote: View Post

    Wait until the cheers he gets in Toronto in the next game

    Comment


    • Comment


      • Doesn't it seem like Gasol has a huge impact on the court even just by being there?

        Comment


        • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          Doesn't it seem like Gasol has a huge impact on the court even just by being there?
          YUP! He's very much like Kyle in that way
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Serge at PF would be fine. I wouldn't start him there, but I would give him minutes beside Gasol for a few minutes in the middle of every Q to buy Siakam some rest (4 minutes each Q would do it even if OG gets moved to full time SF, which I doubt, so probably more like 2-3 minutes each Q).
            As long as Serge at PF doesn't mean he's sitting in the corner or somewhere on the 3 point line waiting for shots then it can't be too bad. Get him inside where he's a far more efficient scorer, the less 3 point attempts the better.


            Would have liked to have seen a bit more of Gasol but his passing was great, just a shame we couldn't finish on them. The other thing I noticed was his ability to get a shot up very quickly which is nice to have.

            Comment


            • Gasol does not look as slow as JV, if last night is any indication. I think he's gonna be pumped to play for a contender.

              Comment


              • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Gasol does not look as slow as JV, if last night is any indication. I think he's gonna be pumped to play for a contender.
                Yea I was very surprised by that. The man is 34 and looks a lot more agile than JV ever did. That's also why I think we can start him even against teams that play a centre who can shoot the 3. I think he can get out to that guy just fine. And he's a very smart defender too.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                Comment


                • Gasol looked great playing with the bench. That unit really benefitted from his playmaking, and it felt like they instantly gained an identity. I'm hoping Nurse considers a Ginobli role - coming off the bench to start games, and then closing with the starters.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

                  Comment


                  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Gasol looked great playing with the bench. That unit really benefitted from his playmaking, and it felt like they instantly gained an identity. I'm hoping Nurse considers a Ginobli role - coming off the bench to start games, and then closing with the starters.
                    As long as he's in there to close games and in big moments I can live with that somewhat but I still think he should be starting
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                    Comment


                    • I think he will start after the all-star break. Nurse probably doesnt want to disrupt things too much atm. Give him a few games to get acclimated and some down time to learn the offence, and then i guess he starts from then out.

                      Comment


                      • Doing and saying all all the right things on and off the court. Putting his hands on guys, diplomatically calming down little flareups between other teammates, massive screens, and man those passes have some zip to them.

                        Comment


                        • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Doing and saying all all the right things on and off the court. Putting his hands on guys, diplomatically calming down little flareups between other teammates, massive screens, and man those passes have some zip to them.
                          His passing is astonishing for a big. It's actually a shame that he was playing on those plodding, boring Memphis teams.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I think he will start after the all-star break. Nurse probably doesnt want to disrupt things too much atm. Give him a few games to get acclimated and some down time to learn the offence, and then i guess he starts from then out.
                            This seems very sensible.

                            Comment


                            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Disagree on 2 fronts.

                              1. We have a number of above average 3 point shooters.

                              2. Almost all the " passing to create better shots" will be out of half-court sets. I'd guess an average NBA half-court set yields about 1 ppp tops ( was 0.95 in the 15-16 season, which was all I could find). So even shooting 34% from 3 seems a decent half court outcome.
                              A number of above average 3 pt. shooters??? DG is one. He is a 2. Which 3 is an above average 3 pt. shooter other than Kawhi?

                              Comment


                              • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                                A number of above average 3 pt. shooters??? DG is one. He is a 2. Which 3 is an above average 3 pt. shooter other than Kawhi?
                                WTF??? I didn't say anything about positions. And I listed the 4 rotation players shooting above league average.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X