Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Once Masai called and I talked to some of the guys in (the locker room), everybody said the same thing about making a run to the title, and that gets your juices going and makes you real excited,"
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1714283

    This shit right here is why its a great trade.

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Doing and saying all all the right things on and off the court. Putting his hands on guys, diplomatically calming down little flareups between other teammates, massive screens, and man those passes have some zip to them.
      I was really surprised at how easily he was finding guys. He's never played or even practiced with any of them and the ball was just magically finding its way to open shooters.
      OG is our king

      Comment


      • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Doing and saying all all the right things on and off the court. Putting his hands on guys, diplomatically calming down little flareups between other teammates, massive screens, and man those passes have some zip to them.
        that was something I noticed to. he was always the first one up from the bench when I TO was called encouraging guys even rustled Kawhisexual hair once lol. and he's not afraid to work the refs from in sidelines in a diplomatic way to not an angry yelling for no reason like Draymond
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • consmap wrote: View Post
          I was really surprised at how easily he was finding guys. He's never played or even practiced with any of them and the ball was just magically finding its way to open shooters.
          Several comments from different people speak to the fact that he reads the game very well. He can see where the holes are going to be and anticipate where a heads up cutter might go. One pass when he caught Van Vleet on a cut was originally going to be a pass to a different player but when Fred took advantage of the opening Gasol was already half expecting him. He is really going to encourage a lot more heads up movement because guys are going to know he will find them if they are open. I bet a lot of action starts getting initiated from the post, which will attract double teams like the sun attracts comets. Then the open threes start appearing. Guys better be shot ready.

          Comment


          • Here are my thoughts after one game. I think you stick him to the bench for the season. You play him with the starters here and there enough to build the chemistry but you keep him on the bench. Here is the reason why.


            -Serge has played well on with the starters.

            -Gasol is obviously better than Serge, but can Serge have the office run through him like Gasol can?.... No.

            - He has a calming affect and he is so good that the drop off is waaaaay less than before when you can have him as the star on the bench.

            - He passes so well and it just opens up that bench unit in ways I never would have imagined. I thought Greg Monroe had some decent passes but .... Gasol is almost always looking to pass.... like every single play he was just surveying the floor like lebron.


            So those are my reasons for not starting him. I think you play him enough with both units and you play both him and serge on and off with both units that you can go both ways. Also .... I would like to see at least one game where we played both him and serge together.... I think you close with Gasol. This also keeps both dudes fresh. There are some match ups where serge is more favorable from a rim protection stand point. From a defensive quarterback stand point it is like having a second Kyle on the floor.
            I think if you put Serge on the bench he wouldn't be able to be as effective.


            This shift will allow them to gear him up for the play offs and yet still allow him to start in the playoffs fresh, but it doesn't disrupt what they ahve going and it allows the bench to get something that they have missed since siakam has gone to the starting spot... and that is someone who can initiate the offense. I also think moving siakam to the bench is another option but I don't think it would be as good.

            Comment


            • Comment


              • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                Here are my thoughts after one game. I think you stick him to the bench for the season. You play him with the starters here and there enough to build the chemistry but you keep him on the bench. Here is the reason why.


                -Serge has played well on with the starters.

                -Gasol is obviously better than Serge, but can Serge have the office run through him like Gasol can?.... No.

                - He has a calming affect and he is so good that the drop off is waaaaay less than before when you can have him as the star on the bench.

                - He passes so well and it just opens up that bench unit in ways I never would have imagined. I thought Greg Monroe had some decent passes but .... Gasol is almost always looking to pass.... like every single play he was just surveying the floor like lebron.


                So those are my reasons for not starting him. I think you play him enough with both units and you play both him and serge on and off with both units that you can go both ways. Also .... I would like to see at least one game where we played both him and serge together.... I think you close with Gasol. This also keeps both dudes fresh. There are some match ups where serge is more favorable from a rim protection stand point. From a defensive quarterback stand point it is like having a second Kyle on the floor.
                I think if you put Serge on the bench he wouldn't be able to be as effective.


                This shift will allow them to gear him up for the play offs and yet still allow him to start in the playoffs fresh, but it doesn't disrupt what they ahve going and it allows the bench to get something that they have missed since siakam has gone to the starting spot... and that is someone who can initiate the offense. I also think moving siakam to the bench is another option but I don't think it would be as good.
                I disagree. Watching the last game you could see all his skills were going to waste. He could have had like 8 assists if the bench could finish layups and hit shots. And we need to stop worrying so much about the bench. When the playoffs hit we should not be ever playing a full bench lineup so it doesn't matter really. We have better shooters in the starting lineup for Marc too hook up and I trust our starters to cut and finish better than any of our bench players. Our starters also have a higher basketball IQ and are veterans to I feel they will gel with Marc a lot faster.

                He can play with the bench a little bit but he should be starting in my opinion. I find Fred is better at hooking up pick and pop big men than pick and roll big men anyway and he's played with Serge a lot. Yes Marc is a pick and pop big man as well but Fred has a better chemistry with Serge at this point. But the main thing is I could see Marc's strengths being wasted with the bench big time
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                Comment


                • Maury wrote: View Post
                  I think you start your best players and the fit is undeniably better with Marc starting over serge. I don’t really care about the bench that much because it won’t matter in the playoffs. You can see that Kyle already loves playing with him as well.
                  Agreed. He is the better player AND the fit will be good. That's all you ever want with your starting lineup. Also our starting lineup with Serge has been starting games so badly for like months now. At some point it can't just be them not playing hard. It has to be that they just dont fit well together and just aren't that good as a unit. Just because Serge has played really well individually that doesn't mean the actually full unit is good
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • GLF wrote: View Post
                    I disagree. Watching the last game you could see all his skills were going to waste. He could have had like 8 assists if the bench could finish layups and hit shots. And we need to stop worrying so much about the bench. When the playoffs hit we should not be ever playing a full bench lineup so it doesn't matter really. We have better shooters in the starting lineup for Marc too hook up and I trust our starters to cut and finish better than any of our bench players. Our starters also have a higher basketball IQ and are veterans to I feel they will gel with Marc a lot faster.

                    He can play with the bench a little bit but he should be starting in my opinion. I find Fred is better at hooking up pick and pop big men than pick and roll big men anyway and he's played with Serge a lot. Yes Marc is a pick and pop big man as well but Fred has a better chemistry with Serge at this point. But the main thing is I could see Marc's strengths being wasted with the bench big time
                    I think you made very good points. I do think he would destroy on the starting line up. I guess I keep thinking of ways to bolster the bench. I am just worried about Fred's ability alone to run that bench unit. I do think they need a starter on the bench to play with them and bring a sense of calm to them. Again he needs to close no question about that.


                    He also looks like he has PLENTY in the tank left.

                    Comment


                    • I want to see lowry and ibaka play with bench units... and Marc and Kawhi Play together in staggered line ups

                      Comment


                      • I understand him coming off the bench vs the Knicks, but he should begin starting games as early as tonight. He needs to develop chemistry with the starters as quickly as possibly.. there aren't a ton of games left

                        Comment


                        • Maury wrote: View Post
                          I think you start your best players and the fit is undeniably better with Marc starting over serge. I don’t really care about the bench that much because it won’t matter in the playoffs. You can see that Kyle already loves playing with him as well.
                          It's undeniable after one game? What is undeniable is that Nurse has a tough decision to make because both Serge and Pascal have been great this season. One of them has to go to the bench.

                          Comment



                          • All man. All amazing.

                            Comment


                            • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              It's undeniable after one game? What is undeniable is that Nurse has a tough decision to make because both Serge and Pascal have been great this season. One of them has to go to the bench.
                              It's a tough decision because of egos and personalities but starting Marc is the best thing for this team and if Serge truly wants to win he will suck it up and get over it. You can still give Serge a few minutes with the starters at times if need be. Just explain to him that he's played well and he's still going to get minutes but this is what's best for the team and the fit is just better. If he can't accept or understand that then he's not serious about contending.

                              But I think Blake just tweeted that Nurse is gonna continue to mix and match Serge and Marc starting for now to see what works best like they did with JV. So Serge will still get to start here and there. He has to prove he fits better with the starters than Marc for him to hold onto that spot. Blake also tweeted that Nurse said he's going to try the big lineup of Kyle, Kawhi, Pascal, Serge and Marc a bit too to see how that goes. I think some of you suggested trying that lineup as well.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah, Nurse may mix and match the starters for a bit so he gets a look at some different options. But I'd expect him to settle on a starting group he likes just like he was heading to last time (JV started only 1 of his final 9 games, I think).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X