• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

You don't ask Marc to shoot 7 threes.
    Why not? Nobody asked Brook Lopez to shoot 100 threes a game until this year, and look what happened. The more you shoot, the better rhythm you develop. The more it stretches the defense.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

See my issue is the 4 shots he took that weren't threes. He's not a roll man. Can't be hitting him on the move in the midrange like they were in this game. If you really want to throw him a post up, fine (though not ideal). Otherwise he should be initiating from a standstill - high post or above the arc. If they sag, he can take a balanced jumper. And you run plays off ball or around him for handoffs or cuts. Can use him as a PnP big, I'm fine with all the threes, so long as he gets clear on what is a good shot - the early clock and contested threes are not helping.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Unnecessary blame.

jesus christ after this guy basically turned Embiid to mere mortal.

the coach is a moron, just accept it

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Jangles wrote: View Post

Okay but is it too much to ask for your starting C to shoot better than 2/11?

Leave a comment:

• Jangles
    replied
    we're not using him correctly. We have never used a center correctly on this fucking team.
    Okay but is it too much to ask for your starting C to shoot better than 2/11?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    we're not using him correctly. We have never used a center correctly on this fucking team.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Not good Marc.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

So, much better than fred
    But you have to look at the advanced stats and adjust for height. Fred wins big when you look at points-to-height on/off ratio. That's an indicator of intangible "heart" metrics, which Delon couldn't possibly have because he's too tall to be a point guard. Also, Fred is more consistent... he's giving you the Sam Mitchell "ze-ro, ze-ro, ze-ro, ze-ro, ze-ro............ ze-ro" every night.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    We just had the best win in team history can we like..stop with the JV arguments for awhile? Lol.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Nobodies mentioning the fact 6'7 delon Wright would have been here as well, presumably playing better than what we got from fred. Surely that helps move the scales a bit
    Delon led the team in deflections last year. Would've helped against a team that has issues with turnovers.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

My scenario is a hypothetical. Your statements about the series being 'easier' with JV are suppositions based on regular season games the Raps-Sixers played and your supposition JV would have been a rebounding and scoring machine(?) and not given it all back on defense(?). I would argue my hypothetical had a much better chance of occurring than your conclusion about JV's impact/influence vs. Gasol's.
    Yeah, exactly, your scenario is a complete hypothetical. It would be different if you were saying "we have seen this play out, here is an example of the times teams targeted JV in PnR and consistently got him in foul trouble in the playoffs." You are not saying that, you are saying "yeah, but what about this total fiction?" I'm saying if we're going to trade fictions I can do that all day but it doesn't get us anywhere.

My statements about the series being easier are based on my assessment of the team's strengths and weaknesses and what hurt them most and helped them most in this specific series. Raps still handily lost the minutes Embiid played even with Gasol defending him because they just couldn't score. If the shots go in it's a completely different story - but with them missing, JV's skill sets of scoring and rebounding, the only facets of the game where he is a significant upgrade on Gasol, would have been of far greater value than Gasol's defence, passing and shooting were. Which is not to say they weren't valuable! With the scoring droughts, the Raptors needed every stop Gasol got them.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Delon Wright, Game 1: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 2: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO. Delon Wright, Game 3: 9 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 4: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO..... Delon Wright, Game 7: DNP, Coach's Decision.
    So, much better than fred

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Nobodies mentioning the fact 6'7 delon Wright would have been here as well, presumably playing better than what we got from fred. Surely that helps move the scales a bit
    Delon Wright, Game 1: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 2: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO. Delon Wright, Game 3: 9 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 4: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO..... Delon Wright, Game 7: DNP, Coach's Decision.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Meh.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Hopefully Ibaka still has the band-aid. Band-aid Ibaka can't miss.

Just like Nelly. Nelly was in his prime with the band aid and never the same after

Leave a comment:

Working...
X