Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Marc Gasol is a grizzled vet.. 3x all-star, 2x all-nba (one first). He was supposed to be the guy that calm's everyone down. I thought that was the purpose for the trade. To bring his leadership to this team.. Something we didn't quite have with JV.

He's been to the WCF. He's lead his own team where he was the alpha dog.

Just so disappointing.

I mean with Lowry we've seen it before. He comes and goes.. he did score 20 in game 2. And hit two big 3's. But he gets gun shy. We've seen that in the regular season. I never thought Lowry would rub off on Marc though. Just so disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post

I don't think he's scared. He's just got that PG mentality (despite being 7 feet tall).
    I agree, but he needs to get selfish quick.

when he got here he struggled to find his place. Then he seemed to find it, as the swing guy, glue guy, defense, find his people open looks. And that was gravy, back when Kyle and fred and norm and well, everybody, could still shoot.

now, we need a pinch of Memphis Marc. Stat. Kyle is scared. Marc needs to take his role of 15 points a game. Let kyle be the defense, glue guy, swing guy. I guess.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

You can kind of say the same thing about Kyle Lowry.
    lol. This post aged well and badly at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    What I don't understand about Marc is: WHY is he scared to shoot? He's 45% from deep! 53% in last years playoffs! Kyles struggling, Marcs just outright refusing.

The stats say he's shooting 2.8 3s a game but it really really does not feel like it. You can't have 3 fucking glue guys in the starting lineup. Someone needs to become an alpha here like Kawhi and Pascal, and it ain't Danny Green.
    I don't think he's scared. He's just got that PG mentality (despite being 7 feet tall).

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    What I don't understand about Marc is: WHY is he scared to shoot? He's 45% from deep! 53% in last years playoffs! Kyles struggling, Marcs just outright refusing.

The stats say he's shooting 2.8 3s a game but it really really does not feel like it. You can't have 3 fucking glue guys in the starting lineup. Someone needs to become an alpha here like Kawhi and Pascal, and it ain't Danny Green.
    Kyle rubbing off on Gasol...

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah, except Kyle Lowry is more noticeable. If you dont notice him quarterbacking possessions and his maniacal defense, that's on you as an uneducated viewer

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Saw a good quote on reddit

"Watch the game, you won't see Marc Gasol. Watch Marc Gasol, you'll see the whole game"

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied

"Watch the game, you won't see Marc Gasol. Watch Marc Gasol, you'll see the whole game"
    Priceless. A money quote.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Marc was 2 for 4 from 3 tonight.

Bold prediction.. if he shoots 50% or above from 3 for the series... we gon win.

(I'm optimistic we win regardless.)

His ability to pull Joel away from the basket is so valuable.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Yep. Still looking that way.
    In the postgame the reporters were all asking all his teammates if Joel needs to be more aggressive and how uncharacteristic his performance was. And others chocking it up to Joel not looking right. Injury talk and all that.

Pretty characteristic actually given the individual matchup.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

This year, in 62 minutes matched up, Embiid was held to 10 points per 36 on 33% shooting, drawing 4 personal fouls per 36. In 15 minutes playing against the Grizz away from Gasol, he spiked to 28 points per 36 on 20% shooting, drawing 14 fouls per 36. Grizzlies got smashed when Gasol sat, lost narrowly with Gasol.

Last year, in 38 minutes matched up, Embiid was held to 14 points per 36 on 33% shooting, drawing 7 personal fouls per 36. In 14 minutes playing against the Grizz away from Gasol, he spiked to 37 points per 36 on 46% shooting, drawing 13 fouls per 36. Grizzlies got beat comfortably in both sets of minutes, they were bad.

Looks an awful lot like an Embiid stopper from a distance. Can't claim to have watched their matchups, so not sure, but the numbers sure point in one direction.
    Yep. Still looking that way.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    wasn't certain gasol still had it during the season.

watching him make vucevic look like a scrub was a welcome sight. Hope to see embiid throw a tantrum in frustration today.

I guess the raps have "a switch" now

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    found this

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X