Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    Embid will get his over the course of the series. Simmons should be held to below his season averages, but I'm not sure who gets the assignment on Butler. I'm expecting him to have a good series....could really use OG here.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I feel pretty sure that the Sixers have had an assistant coach working on how Embid can deal Gasol for the last four weeks. If Marc comes close to how he has been at guarding Embid for the last two seasons, the Sixers can't win. With Kawhi on Simmons, the weight falls on Embid's shoulders. Scheming for Gasol's defense is the shortest path to success for Philly.

The flip side of that is Nurse must be aware Philidelphia is going to do that, so schemes to counteract Embid passing or double screens or whatever.
    Can't wait for game one.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Without looking it up I think most or all of his 3 point attempts were above the break or at the top of the key. That is going to be huge against philly and hopefully the bucks who give up the most 3PA in the NBA but mostly above the break. His playmaking and shooting are going to be really really important the rest of the way.
    Feel like he only took the one from the corner -- and if he hit that we win game 1. Thought that was going in for sure. Above the break he's been pretty much automatic -- and he only seems to shoot when it's the absolute right moment to do so. Gonna be huge for us in this next series if he can keep that up.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Here’s a sneaky good stat from the Orlando series. Gasol shot 54% from 3 for the series at just under three attempts per game. He probably could have taken 6 shots a game since he was often wide open but elected to pass it along instead. That might be able to keep Embiid away from the rim.
    Without looking it up I think most or all of his 3 point attempts were above the break or at the top of the key. That is going to be huge against philly and hopefully the bucks who give up the most 3PA in the NBA but mostly above the break. His playmaking and shooting are going to be really really important the rest of the way.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    I don't know if it is instinct or experience, but Gasol just seems to know what to do with the ball when he receives it. He only screws up when he recognizes that he should drive and then takes that slow plodding path to the basket that often ends up in a strip or a fumble. I don't recall if he ever had the speed to pull that off, but he for sure doesn't now. His "D" has been a revelation to me. I wonder how long Masai and Webster have had their eye on him. He really seems to be a perfect fit. I wonder who else they are following, waiting for just the right moment to make a call. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a list of guys that they are tracking for next seasons waiver wire.
    Gasol is playing chess while others are playing checkers out there Puffer. He's just a really smart player that has reached that point where the game is as slow to him as his own foot speed. No rush, no panic, just a really calm and under control player. I'd love to see more of our guys cutting to the basket because you know Gasol would find them for easy lay up's.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I don't know if it is instinct or experience, but Gasol just seems to know what to do with the ball when he receives it. He only screws up when he recognizes that he should drive and then takes that slow plodding path to the basket that often ends up in a strip or a fumble. I don't recall if he ever had the speed to pull that off, but he for sure doesn't now. His "D" has been a revelation to me. I wonder how long Masai and Webster have had their eye on him. He really seems to be a perfect fit. I wonder who else they are following, waiting for just the right moment to make a call. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a list of guys that they are tracking for next seasons waiver wire.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Here’s a sneaky good stat from the Orlando series. Gasol shot 54% from 3 for the series at just under three attempts per game. He probably could have taken 6 shots a game since he was often wide open but elected to pass it along instead. That might be able to keep Embiid away from the rim.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    This isn't a good look Shao. Let it go buddy.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post

You show up at the weirdest times. Why not be a part of the community instead of turning everything into a battle?
    Because every opinion here that goes against the law of DanH is basically dismissed.

People were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said this deal was a massive fucking upgrade for us at center and exactly what we needed. We already have 3 guys starting who can score the ball, don't need a back to the basket scorer we need a stopper and playmaker.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

And yet some, following DanH around like lapdogs, said it wasn't a good move.

Like I said what JV does is useless to a team like ours. We don't need a big who scores a lot, we need a guy who can pass at a high level and play elite defense. That's Gasol. He's basically taken Vucevic (their best player) out of the series entirely.
    You show up at the weirdest times. Why not be a part of the community instead of turning everything into a battle?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Sure, but I still don’t like our options at C after Marc
    Serge has actually held his own very nicely against Embiid this year, IIRC from the last time I looked it up. He might have more trouble with Boban, actually.

Gasol is still the ideal matchup, but Ibaka probably has a better chance at success against Embiid than against Vooch, and he's managed to make himself useful in this series after a rough start.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Like I said what JV does is useless to a team like ours. We don't need a big who scores a lot, we need a guy who can pass at a high level and play elite defense. That's Gasol. He's basically taken Vucevic (their best player) out of the series entirely.
    Odd to ascribe that sentiment to me: I never said it wasn't a good move. I said it was a move that carried significant risk if Gasol couldn't find new life away from the Grizz - a risk which looks to be paying off in round 1. Which is great! This is what we wanted. Siakam's continued growth as a scorer and ability to continue that in the playoffs really changes the team's needs. If either him or Kawhi miss time, we might struggle to score, but in terms of peak performance the team has definitely improved having seen the defence finally start to come together.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Paragraph 2: good post

Paragraph 1: couldn't resist sneaking in an angry dig at perceived enemies

That's a Fantastic chip on your shoulder

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Gasol has been so good in the playoffs. His defence is at another level...the way he gets his hands on the ball is Kawhi like.

As much as we are all looking forward to that Gasol/Embiid match up I think we need to realize how incredibly screwed we would be if Gasol gets hurt or in foul trouble in that series.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

When your team is better without Demarcus Cousins in the lineup...stop me if you've heard that before

He signed for peanuts to the Warriors to cash in this summer. Not sure how much the strategy worked...I'm not pulling out a cheque book for Cousins if I'm an NBA owner trying to build a champion
    I can't wait for the Clippers to sign him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X