Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Here is the thing with that. I always thought the idea was to have Siakam help push the break so that the opponents have to run back on defence quickly. I am not sure if it would have the same affect with Gasol just leaking out. I almost think Gasol is better with half-court set style offense.
    I think he's talking about using Gasol as the outlet passer. Kind of like Kevin Love with LeBron in Cleveland.

    Right now only Lowry can make that pass but he's a guard so he doesn't get that many rebounds. But between him and Gasol that's probably close to 10 defensive boards per game which is 10 opportunities for Pascal or even Kawhi to leak out like that on the break for the touchdown pass instead of just 3 or 4.

    Comment


    • I know there are still a bunch of games left but I hope Nurse is done experimenting. If he's going to start Gasol then run the rest of the season with him starting so he can build chemistry with starters, and Serge with bench.

      Comment


      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I know there are still a bunch of games left but I hope Nurse is done experimenting. If he's going to start Gasol then run the rest of the season with him starting so he can build chemistry with starters, and Serge with bench.
        he said a couple press conferences ago that he isn't done experimenting until the playoffs.

        Comment


        • LJ2 wrote: View Post
          I know there are still a bunch of games left but I hope Nurse is done experimenting. If he's going to start Gasol then run the rest of the season with him starting so he can build chemistry with starters, and Serge with bench.
          I think fans need to come to grips that Kawhi will continue with the maintenance days, even a few that aren't back-to backs. Lineup experiments will continue a bit and both Siakam and Serge will get starts, even if the other is subbed in pretty quickly. We need to stop focusing and obsessing about it...deal with it lol

          Comment


          • Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

            Comment


            • LJ2 wrote: View Post
              I know there are still a bunch of games left but I hope Nurse is done experimenting. If he's going to start Gasol then run the rest of the season with him starting so he can build chemistry with starters, and Serge with bench.
              I have a feeling Nurse will be tinkering right up until the last minute of the last game of the NBA finals.

              Comment


              • I think Nurse just doesn't want to explain his rotations or decisions because he just doesn't like talking about it. Like when Blake asked him about Spanish pick and roll and Nurse said actually Sergio is Italian so it's Italian pick and roll
                Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Mar 2, 2019, 04:09 PM.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                Comment


                • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  I think he's talking about using Gasol as the outlet passer. Kind of like Kevin Love with LeBron in Cleveland.

                  Right now only Lowry can make that pass but he's a guard so he doesn't get that many rebounds. But between him and Gasol that's probably close to 10 defensive boards per game which is 10 opportunities for Pascal or even Kawhi to leak out like that on the break for the touchdown pass instead of just 3 or 4.
                  Yep, this is exactly what I meant. Pascal is still the guy to leak out, he just has two potential QB's now.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • I would think Gasol will get the start tomorrow against Drummond. Speaking of which Maury........

                    Comment


                    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      That call on Lowry might be the worst call I have ever seen.

                      Comment


                      • Jangles wrote: View Post
                        That call on Lowry might be the worst call I have ever seen.
                        similar to sticking leg out.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                        Comment




                        • 1962 was a very good year...

                          Comment


                          • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I would think Gasol will get the start tomorrow against Drummond. Speaking of which Maury........
                            The way he played and how the starting lineup played, he definitely should start.

                            Comment


                            • Jangles wrote: View Post
                              That call on Lowry might be the worst call I have ever seen.
                              Meanwhile Lowry gets non-shooting foul calls when he goes up for a shot.

                              Comment


                              • How do we get this guy going? Starting him is a popular solution. I thought so as well. But Ibaka plays well with starters too (a players plays better with better players. who knew?)
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X