• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I miss being able to see your avatars. You were the avatar king, Mixx

Nothing was the same.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• One of the main reasons why the 3pt shooting has improved so much since the trade is because of Gasol. The spacing is so much better when he's on the floor. And of course not having Miles and Wright shoot helps.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        One of the main reasons why the 3pt shooting has improved so much since the trade is because of Gasol. The spacing is so much better when he's on the floor. And of course not having Miles and Wright shoot helps.
        The Raptors are shooting 40% from 3 with Gasol on the bench since the trade deadline, and 43% from 3 with him on the court.

Before the trade deadline they shot 34% from 3.

People are confusing regression to the mean (as well as slightly better shot selection) with Gasol's impact. Gasol definitely has an impact - but it's not the difference between the early season shooting and the current shooting.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Are they taking the same number of 3pt shots as prior to the trade?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Are they taking the same number of 3pt shots as prior to the trade?
            Before the trade: 33 3PA's per 100 possessions
            Since the trade: 34 3PA's per 100 possessions
            Since the trade with Gasol: 36 3PA's per 100 possessions
            Since the trade without Gasol: 32 3PA's per 100 possessions

So it could be that the starters are taking a few more threes? Which makes sense, with Gasol out there instead of Serge, less finishing from the C spot means more from Danny and Kyle and Kawhi, some of which will be threes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I mean, there IS logic to it, even if not for this year. JV has proven he can put up all star numbers and he's 27. So if Kawhi stay, they're the same age. Gasol on the other hand is an all in move. He's on his last legs. It may help 2019, but doesn't prolong your window. I'm in favor of the move, but it is a nuanced discussion beyond "JV scoring mad points right now"
              JV added nothing to this team. He literally is a zero-impact stat padder. Same shit as DeRozan.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

JV added nothing to this team. He literally is a zero-impact stat padder. Same shit as DeRozan.
                That's simply untrue. In a vacuum sure. What you're saying is you could wipe either of those guys off the roster without an equal replacement and not notice a difference. Which is not how net ratings works.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Advanced stats are killing fandom......

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Advanced stats are killing fandom......
                    They'll never catch up to baseball. Luckily. Baseball is basically spreadsheet vs spreadsheet at this point

Comment

Advanced stats are killing fandom......
                      Kobe Bryant burner account.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Kobe Bryant burner account.
                        I think I'm now accused of 3 burner accounts

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The Raptors are shooting 40% from 3 with Gasol on the bench since the trade deadline, and 43% from 3 with him on the court.

Before the trade deadline they shot 34% from 3.

People are confusing regression to the mean (as well as slightly better shot selection) with Gasol's impact. Gasol definitely has an impact - but it's not the difference between the early season shooting and the current shooting.
                          There is definitely some positive regression at play. But several raptors have been quoted as saying Gasol's unselfish play is contagious. I think it's fair to say that could be helping the ball movement and in turn the shooting percentage while he's sitting too.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

There is definitely some positive regression at play. But several raptors have been quoted as saying Gasol's unselfish play is contagious. I think it's fair to say that could be helping the ball movement and in turn the shooting percentage while he's sitting too.
                            Yup. Even the AST% with him off the floor is higher than it was with the Raps+JV team. Gasol has brought a ball movement culture here and the whole team has bought in

Comment

Inflating own ego, deflecting criticism. Exactly what Kobe Bryant would say.

Comment

Colangelo that you?
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X