No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what Marc's off-season will be like. Will he see this as one last chance and put in some extra work this summer? At his age, and as a professional basketball player who has worked hard his whole career, there is only so much he can do but! Maybe work at getting his shot off a little quicker? Go through a whole litany of personal affirmations that encourage him to shoot more frequently with confidence? Spend more time reviewing game tape and seeing where he could have made better decisions, and then work out with those scenarios in mind? Not sure what he can do, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sees this as a chance to match and maybe then beat his brother's total.

A MORE effective Marc Gasol would be a thing of beauty on this team.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      I wonder what Marc's off-season will be like. Will he see this as one last chance and put in some extra work this summer? At his age, and as a professional basketball player who has worked hard his whole career, there is only so much he can do but! Maybe work at getting his shot off a little quicker? Go through a whole litany of personal affirmations that encourage him to shoot more frequently with confidence? Spend more time reviewing game tape and seeing where he could have made better decisions, and then work out with those scenarios in mind? Not sure what he can do, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sees this as a chance to match and maybe then beat his brother's total.

If Gasol comes back, they need to turn him into Brook Lopez. Just let it fly from 3 with no conscience when you're open. Passing should be the second option. That's going against his nature, but that was being used against us in the playoffs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If Gasol comes back, they need to turn him into Brook Lopez. Just let it fly from 3 with no conscience when you're open. Passing should be the second option. That's going against his nature, but that was being used against us in the playoffs.
        I'm torn on this, obviously recognizing he turned down way too many open shots, but also recognizing that his passing and court vision was one of the main things that made our team so dangerous and contributed to the rest of our team becoming one of the best 3pt shooting teams in the league.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          I wonder what Marc's off-season will be like. Will he see this as one last chance and put in some extra work this summer? At his age, and as a professional basketball player who has worked hard his whole career, there is only so much he can do but! Maybe work at getting his shot off a little quicker? Go through a whole litany of personal affirmations that encourage him to shoot more frequently with confidence? Spend more time reviewing game tape and seeing where he could have made better decisions, and then work out with those scenarios in mind? Not sure what he can do, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sees this as a chance to match and maybe then beat his brother's total.

After he gets his own 10 and a few rebounds, I don't care what he does

Comment

• Last summer, Marc Gasol off the court in the link. Wonder if he is playing for Spain in the World qualifiers?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...t-last-summer/

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Last summer, Marc Gasol off the court in the link. Wonder if he is playing for Spain in the World qualifiers?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...t-last-summer/
              yeah he said in his season exit interview that he will be playing... he mentioned being in more of a mentorship role though to help usher in the new young guys.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

After he gets his own 10 and a few rebounds, I don't care what he does
                I dont think he needs to shoot without thinking... i think he just needs to consistently get up no less then 9 shots. On average gasol taking 10 shots will open up a TON... he can easily score 14+ points for us. his passing is what makes him dangerous but he was too passive. I think this team got by on being smart... realistically they would be better by having everyone here for training camp. instead of having a quarter of a season to figure things out + playoffs.

Comment

• Gasol's back!

Comment

• He was always opting in - no way he'd break 20M in the free agent market this year

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      He was always opting in - no way he'd break 20M in the free agent market this year
                      I don't know, I'm a little relieved. Some team could have offered him a longer term deal (see Horford, Al). I know it's not exactly the same situation but I would have thought there was at least some interest in Gasol around the league. Maybe he figures he can get one last contract after next year regardless.

In any case, happy to have the big man back. One down, two to go.

Comment

• Yeah this helps Masai out for 2020.. can pitch Kawhi on a blank slate if he wanted. Can bring everyone back on cheaper deals. He'll have options. Gasol opting out would have hurt that. At worst we could have lost him out right.

This is a big win-win for me.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Yeah this helps Masai out for 2020.. can pitch Kawhi on a blank slate if he wanted. Can bring everyone back on cheaper deals. He'll have options. Gasol opting out would have hurt that. At worst we could have lost him out right.

This is a big win-win for me.
                          Yep, glad Marc is back. Am not sure of CBA rules.. now that he opts in can he negotiate a new deal/extension which s a cheaper hit per yr. going forward and inclusive of 19-20?

Comment

• Ya for me it's just the fact that Gasol did say that his decision would at least in part be based on what Kawhi is planning on doing ... and Gasol opting in gives me hope that he's had a cursory discussion with Kawhi about his intentions, and acted accordingly. I don't care if it's not true. Let me have it. Lol

Comment

Yep, glad Marc is back. Am not sure of CBA rules.. now that he opts in can he negotiate a new deal/extension which s a cheaper hit per yr. going forward and inclusive of 19-20?
                              Nope. That $25M is locked in.

Comment

I'm no expert.. but generally with non-max veteran type players you don't see extensions. Probably no point either way. Marc will become a UFA but we'll have his Bird Rights. Most likely we'd renounce his cap hold since it will be larger than $25M. And we can then try to sign him back using our cap space for a smaller/longer deal if that's what both Masai and Gasol want to do.

Sort of like what Tim did with the Spurs when he got older. Stayed with the Spurs but got like half of what he was used to making when he got past his prime to give the team more flexibility to sign free agents (like LMA).

Comment

Working...
                                X