Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Gasol used my phrase word for word less than 2 hours later

One day late, but hey...... party animals think alike.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      BEERPAPI

lol

Damn it Marc! Stick to chugging wine! There is less calories in that!

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          That can looks like one of those coors cold shots in his bear paws.

I love how marc is embracing the drunk uncle stage of his career
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• I love how much Spain loves basketball.. wish our country was into it as much as other countries are.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Injury report for Gasol to start the season: "May need a new liver" 😂

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I love how much Spain loves basketball.. wish our country was into it as much as other countries are.
                One has to wonder if its Canada's relative lack of nationalism/patriotism outside of hockey. Usually I think not being overly nationalistic is a good thing, but maybe not when it comes to caring about things like the National Basketball Program.

Comment

• Are we drawing the conclusion that Spain loves basketball more than Canada from that brief parade clip? I seem to remember a pretty substantial parade on Canadian soil not so long ago?

I mean, yeah, Canadians are not huge fans of Team Canada basketball because it's never been more than a complete disappointment and debacle, perhaps now more than ever given the no-showing of our top talent. Spain has built that fandom through winning. And not just winning once, but sustained winning on the international stage. Hopefully our boys (and girls) will step up and begin to create that kind of legacy here. If we start winning, I think a substantial portion of the population will start to give a shit. Just as was the case with our Raps.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Are we drawing the conclusion that Spain loves basketball more than Canada from that brief parade clip? I seem to remember a pretty substantial parade on Canadian soil not so long ago?

I mean, yeah, Canadians are not huge fans of Team Canada basketball because it's never been more than a complete disappointment and debacle, perhaps now more than ever given the no-showing of our top talent. Spain has built that fandom through winning. And not just winning once, but sustained winning on the international stage. Hopefully our boys (and girls) will step up and begin to create that kind of legacy here. If we start winning, I think a substantial portion of the population will start to give a shit. Just as was the case with our Raps.
                    Agree.
                    No one would care as much about Olympic hockey here if we didn't have a great chance to win it all. And the Yanks have become just about our equals in that now.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Agree.
                      No one would care as much about Olympic hockey here if we didn't have a great chantheyre ce to win it all. And the Yanks have become just about our equals in that now.
                      Maybe in womens hockey they're our equals. Mens nhl participated tournaments, weve won 5 out of the last 6 golds in Olympics and world cup. Canada still runs this shit.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Maybe in womens hockey they're our equals. Mens nhl participated tournaments, weve won 5 out of the last 6 golds in Olympics and world cup. Canada still runs this shit.
                        I'm with you but the gap is considarably narrowed. The top goaltenders are now both Russian, and ours are in the mix with American and Finnish to round out the top 10. We're a step away from our best goaltenders (I just don't trust Price) being Brandon Holtby and Jordan Binnington, a far cry from the days of unquestionnable number 1's in Brodeur, Patrick Roy or even Luongo. We usually had two numbers ones on the team and a 3rd guy who thought he was. We're just not developing great goaltenders any more.

Out top D men are either well into their 30's or really just OK in terms of historical perspective. We're still stacked in forwards but our overall advantage and competitiveness gap has shrunk in the last decade. We're not winning 5 of the next 6 Olympics and world cups imo.

This may have to do as much with more kids playing soccer and basketball as anything mind you.

Comment

Working...
                        X