Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    The reality is that Lowry isn't the prime driver of wins anymore for the advanced stats crowd. He's dropped off from his normally team leading impact stats (such as Wins added, by PIPM). Believe it or not Green and Siakam have comparable PIPM and more wins added than Lowry. Kawhi is a close 4th.
    i have identified a problem with PIPM

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Let's not forget that he is 34... but a young 34!!
      Serge is like 42 but look like wine he's getting better w/ time

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
        Serge is like 42 but look like wine he's getting better w/ time
        Maybe he's actually 24 and just started maturing???
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Nice find. I love it when people who know more than I do reaffirm my random brain words. SMRT.
          Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 7, 2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            Look no further than Danny Green for an example of a player who looked all but out the door last year, only to be completely revitalized here in Toronto.

I have the utmost faith in Masai.

Welcome to TO Big Burrito!!
            Ibaka looked like a pile of crap last year and we were bemoaning how we would get out from under his deal. Now with Nurse as coach he's been fantastic and totally revitalized his career having his best season since 2013-14.

Norman Powell was total garbage last year under Casey and is now totally revitalized and having his best year ever under Nurse.

I think Nurse is drooling at what he can do with Gasol and we should expect big things.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Ibaka looked like a pile of crap last year and we were bemoaning how we would get out from under his deal. Now with Nurse as coach he's been fantastic and totally revitalized his career having his best season since 2013-14.

Norman Powell was total garbage last year under Casey and is now totally revitalized and having his best year ever under Nurse.

I think Nurse is drooling at what he can do with Gasol and we should expect big things.
              I'm still not sold on Ibaka. He's been slowly declining as the season goes on. Has enough productive games to keep his numbers up, but you are starting to see his legs aren't there every night. It affects his shot and his D. That was pretty much the exact same trend last year. So the question is can we keep him from falling off the rails down the late stretch of the season like he did last year?

Hopefully they'll be able to cut his minutes with Gasol coming in, and we get lucky and both are fresh and healthy for the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Those assists are what really get me. His playmaking will be huge for us. Could especially see Siakam being a huge beneficiary of this.
                Gasol 4.7 assists per game rank SECOND on the Toronto Raptors.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                  i have identified a problem with PIPM
                  I don't know why I giggled so hard
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Tim & Sid stoking the fears that a physical his holding up confirmation of the deal....

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Seeing ghosts? I posted an article from a website that covers the Grizzlies. So are the people who have watched him shitloads more than either of us seeing ghosts? They definitely go deeper than your amateur hour basic number analysis over a few games.

Your article was a month old and you didn't mention the ankle injury, which was a pretty material point. My amateur hour post was simply that he's looked just fine for the better part of a month. If you want to pay me for my time, I'm happy to put together a more robust analysis. I charge $750/hour. PM me and I'll send you payment details.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Your article was a month old and you didn't mention the ankle injury, which was a pretty material point. My amateur hour post was simply that he's looked just fine for the better part of a month. If you want to pay me for my time, I'm happy to put together a more robust analysis. I charge $750/hour. PM me and I'll send you payment details.
                        The better part of a month when he was on the trade block and knew it, after being bad for the better part of two months.

And I posted the link. People are free to read it and get the full picture. Ankle tweaks are pretty common so it's not nothing to be worried about.

And I'm sure you don't charge that for basketball analysis, do you? Didn't think so. So I have no reason to accept any fucking word you say as anything more than a guy who likes watching the game with a beer and will cheer for his team no matter what with no real critical thought.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                              if that's what happened it sounds like a panic move, just trying to shake things up for the hell of it. they shook it up by getting rid of one the most reliable guys on the team for a 35 year old C on the decline
                              In agreement. I don’t like the move. Gasol is injury prone like JV. It smells of MU do everything possible to get to NBA finals this year because he senses KL will not resign.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Lol no shit

Frankly it's a good trade for both Gasol and JV.

Comment

Working...
                                X