Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post

    There will never be a blow up as long as masai is here imo. Pascal is already a top 15 player. Masai drafts nba rotation players in his sleep. We got nurse, We're in the east and we chug along and win 50. Of course you try for giannis but it's as much of a pipe dream as the kd talks in 2015 (remember drake, or kd saying Raptors used to be his favorite team lol)

    clear space for the big name free agent has been the New York Knicks strategy since Patrick Ewing left. And, well..nuff said
    I hesitated to use the term blow it up since clearly Masai won't and we don't have to.
    The point I was making is the team will be totally rebuilt by then, with or without Giannis; Kyle, Marc and Serge (likely) all gone.

    Pipe dream, probably. But aside from the tenuous ties to Masai, Giannis is Ujiri's kind of guy. "Euro-Greek-African-global", long and athletic, never an azzhole (important to MLSE) and a marketing dream. And a guy who has no ties to play at home or the US.

    Comment


    • G__Deane wrote: View Post

      All in on Giannis, full stop.

      If he stays in Miwaukee or goes elsewhere, you kinda blow it up anyway as Kyle, Gasol and Ibaka could/would/should all be gone. In theory, Ibaka could still fit as a 31 year old but it would be Siakam and Fred's team (if FVV is still here). In any event, this is an entirely new team in 2 years with almost no one left from the Championship team

      I think part of the pitch to Giannis is "we have a great city and fans, Siakam and FVV, a blank slate and a pot full of money. Who esle do you want to play with?" Both LA teams should be less of a factor by then at least one in the duos of lebron and PG plus Harden, Westbrook, Kyrie and Durant are all on the downside.

      Siakam and The Alphabet could kill it for years. In addition to bringing in someone of Giannis' choosing out of his A class, if Masai could work some magic and bring in another A-lister before the big FA year, I think he stocks the odds in Toronto's favour a bit further.
      The other A-lister is Embiid.... as the replacement for Gasol & Ibaka. Giannis wants to play with his "African Brothers". It has been foretold.




      Notice Giannis' first 2 picks?






      Comment


      • golden wrote: View Post

        The other A-lister is Embiid.... as the replacement for Gasol & Ibaka. Giannis wants to play with his "African Brothers". It has been foretold.




        Notice Giannis' first 2 picks?





        And pick 17

        I'd be OK giving it a run with Pascal, Embiid and Giannis. The PEG line ....
        I personally think the A-lister that needs to come with Giannis is an emerging up and comer, not established in 2020 yet.

        Comment


        • G__Deane wrote: View Post

          All in on Giannis, full stop.

          If he stays in Miwaukee or goes elsewhere, you kinda blow it up anyway as Kyle, Gasol and Ibaka could/would/should all be gone. In theory, Ibaka could still fit as a 31 year old but it would be Siakam and Fred's team (if FVV is still here). In any event, this is an entirely new team in 2 years with almost no one left from the Championship team
          planetmars wrote: View Post
          Masai has made it a habit to stay cap neutral for 2021. I don't think he'll break that for Serge and Marc.. but I also still think we can bring them both back on large 1+1 deals. Term of course is important especially when guys get hurt all the time. But this season will suck for free agents because the cap is going to come down. If they wait a year they might get paid more.

          I think we should overpay to keep Marc and Serge for the year. Give them each $20M deals and then look at the landscape in 2021. If Giannis stays (which seems likely) then we bring Marc and Serge back again or look for another player to replace them (like Gobert).
          I hate the idea of "blowing it up." If we can't get Giannis (and i agree with Keon that it's a pipe dream, albeit less-so than KD in 2017) I'd rather just stay the course with our current team with Fred and Serge transitioning into bigger roles over Kyle and Marc. Re-sign them to reasonable deals and if Giannis wants to come then I trust the front office can get creative and make the room. It happens all the time.

          I want no part of overpaying Oladipo or Gobert or whoever in free agency. Gobert can't even stay on the floor in the playoffs and his teammates don't seem to like him.

          Comment


          • chris wrote: View Post



            I hate the idea of "blowing it up." If we can't get Giannis (and i agree with Keon that it's a pipe dream, albeit less-so than KD in 2017) I'd rather just stay the course with our current team with Fred and Serge transitioning into bigger roles over Kyle and Marc. Re-sign them to reasonable deals and if Giannis wants to come then I trust the front office can get creative and make the room. It happens all the time.

            I want no part of overpaying Oladipo or Gobert or whoever in free agency. Gobert can't even stay on the floor in the playoffs and his teammates don't seem to like him.
            I'm anti-Gobert too.. I just mentioned him a potential Center replacement for Serge/Marc in 2021.

            I'm a fan of Dipo's though. I wouldn't mind him at all.. although if Norm continues to stay consistent, then he's just as good and much cheaper.

            Comment


            • Oladipo is gonna have to prove he can return from his injury and be an alpha dog again. He has had exactly 1 year where he looked all NBA
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • planetmars wrote: View Post

                I'm anti-Gobert too.. I just mentioned him a potential Center replacement for Serge/Marc in 2021.

                I'm a fan of Dipo's though. I wouldn't mind him at all.. although if Norm continues to stay consistent, then he's just as good and much cheaper.
                i like oladipo well enough but he's going to get a max (if he stays healthy next year) and those third-contract max's for non-max guys are the worst value in the sport. i'd rather have a re-signed norm at 15M or whatever than oladipo at 30+. and his best years might already be behind him depending on how he recovers.

                Comment


                • chris wrote: View Post



                  I hate the idea of "blowing it up." If we can't get Giannis (and i agree with Keon that it's a pipe dream, albeit less-so than KD in 2017) I'd rather just stay the course with our current team with Fred and Serge transitioning into bigger roles over Kyle and Marc. Re-sign them to reasonable deals and if Giannis wants to come then I trust the front office can get creative and make the room. It happens all the time.

                  I want no part of overpaying Oladipo or Gobert or whoever in free agency. Gobert can't even stay on the floor in the playoffs and his teammates don't seem to like him.
                  Kawhi was pipe dream, too. And I'll be smoking that pipe until I die.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    Kawhi was pipe dream, too. And I'll be smoking that pipe until I die.
                    Difference is, Kawhi came via trade. The real dreamy scenario is how little we paid for him.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • Gary Harris is the oladipo like player i would be looking at.
                      Pascal-Giannis-Harris. Both are 2 way player. All line up with primes and Harris should be cheaper as he had to take a back seat to Jokic and Murray.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                        Difference is, Kawhi came via trade. The real dreamy scenario is how little we paid for him.
                        And that's the strongest case for Masai to not throw everything at 2021 FA and keep working with what looks to be a fair bit of talent already on the roster. Keep what you can, keep developing these guys, keep making good transactions and draft picks, somehow Masai keeps running out a winning team and has generally good contracts and is ready to pounce if anything comes up like the Kawhi trade did. Keeping at that strategy may be better option. I'd lean in that direction but wouldn't be mad at going as hard as possible at 2021 FA either. There's a plan that makes sense on some level either way.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Gary Harris is the oladipo like player i would be looking at.
                          Pascal-Giannis-Harris. Both are 2 way player. All line up with primes and Harris should be cheaper as he had to take a back seat to Jokic and Murray.
                          harris fell off a cliff this year. he wasn't great last year but this year he's been awful. norm is way better.

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Gary Harris is the oladipo like player i would be looking at.
                            Pascal-Giannis-Harris. Both are 2 way player. All line up with primes and Harris should be cheaper as he had to take a back seat to Jokic and Murray.
                            Harris has fallen off a bit this year. If we're targeting Denver players then I'd rather go after Will Barton.

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post

                              Harris has fallen off a bit this year. If we're targeting Denver players then I'd rather go after Will Barton.
                              Ya i know but i dont really think its a skill level thing. I have watched alot of Nuggets games this year more that 80% of Denver offense is Murry/jokic pick and pops and rolls.
                              Harris is relugated to standing in the corner or weak side. His defense is still elite one the the best guard defenders in the league and can guard 1s or 2s. I think he will be like Oladipo if he ever leaves the nuggets.
                              His stuggles only benefit the next team who gives him a contract as he going to have to take a pay cut
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Masai has made it a habit to stay cap neutral for 2021. I don't think he'll break that for Serge and Marc.. but I also still think we can bring them both back on large 1+1 deals. Term of course is important especially when guys get hurt all the time. But this season will suck for free agents because the cap is going to come down. If they wait a year they might get paid more.

                                I think we should overpay to keep Marc and Serge for the year. Give them each $20M deals and then look at the landscape in 2021. If Giannis stays (which seems likely) then we bring Marc and Serge back again or look for another player to replace them (like Gobert).
                                HA ya sign the underrated Gobert after Donovan Mitchell's corona slander/Gobert self tanking w his corona antics hahahahah YES love it

                                Plus he speaks French! Good 4 our bilingual countryyyyyy

                                YOLO

                                KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                The problem has never been Serge or marc right now, gasol is clearly the superior player. But his window his closing fast. His brother declined at 36 and went off a cliff at 38. Marc will turn 36 during next season. You're hoping to squeeze 2 more years out of his old banged up body.

                                Serge on the other hand is 30 and you could argue had lowkey the best year of his career last year. They're very different players that have fairly different roles and have already shown they can play together in the new nba, in a perfect world you keep both. Although I'm just a dreamer and think we're losing at least one.
                                Right right. Ya Pau disappeared it was weird haha. 2 more yrs ya that's the best case scenario I guess! And ya crazy how good Ibaka's got since coming to the Raps, who would've thought! When we got him I thought we were bringing in a readymade star, turns out we were actually bringing in some1 ready 2 be made into a star. YAHOO. YOLOOOO

                                Come on dreamer let's get Marc + Serge + an Antetokounmpo brother + idk Pau 4 like 1 million as a vet + TT

                                NEED TT

                                LEt's GO


                                HE's THE MISSING PIeCE PLZ

                                OH PLUS FREE AGENT AD

                                RAPS DYNASTY BETTER THAN THE WARRIORS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

                                golden wrote: View Post

                                The other A-lister is Embiid.... as the replacement for Gasol & Ibaka. Giannis wants to play with his "African Brothers". It has been foretold.




                                Notice Giannis' first 2 picks?





                                OH YO SOSOOSOOSOSO TRU WOW AMAZING DAMMMMMMMMMMMMN

                                GIANTS OF AFRICA PAYS OFF!?!?!?

                                PLAYING THE LONG GAME

                                UNLESS MASAI TAKES ALL HIS GIANTS OF AFRICA TO NY BUT WAIT...

                                NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE IN THE COVID CITY ANYMORE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA WOW JAMES DOLAN GO HOME GIVe UP ON SPORTS OWNERSHIP GO BACK TO WHATEVER INDUSTRY MADE U RICH AND STAY THERE BASKETBALL'S NOT 4 U UNLESS U LOVE BANKRUPTCY I GUESS WE'RE ALL ADDICTED 2 SOMETHING HAHA RU ADDICTED TO LOSSES?!?! HA WOWWOWO

                                KYRIE AND JAMES DOLAN SITTING ALONE IN THE DESERTED CITY OF COVID, LOSING BASKETBALL GAMES. POOR KD. Y DOES HE MAKE SUCH POOR CALLS?!??!

                                RESCUE HIM AND TRADE HIM HEREEEE

                                golden wrote: View Post

                                Kawhi was pipe dream, too. And I'll be smoking that pipe until I die.
                                J'AIME KAWHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ET MASAIIIIIIIIIII

                                THAT WAS TOTAL WILDNESS ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY WILDDDDDDDDD

                                I BARELY BELIEVED IT AT THE TIME

                                AND IT ALL WENT AS PARFAIT AS IT COULD
                                Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Mon Jun 15th, 2020, 05:21 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X