X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Yeah Raps looked good beating up tanking teams and lower seeds.
    I miss being able to see your avatars. You were the avatar king, Mixx

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Yeah Raps looked good beating up tanking teams and lower seeds.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    April 1st? Kind of a small sample still. How many games has Gasol started now?
    Last edited by LJ2; Thu Apr 4th, 2019, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

My numbers are correct you just didn't read properly.
    He didn't read properly because he was assuming you weren't doing the very silly thing that you did. Comparing a player's on-court or lineup numbers to overall team numbers is a silly thing to do.

Gasol has been playing so much with the starters that of course he has those on-court numbers. When JV played with the starters they had a +21 net rating, you didn't see people putting that up against the Warriors' or Bucks' full team net ratings and saying JV was the MVP. The Raptors' starters have been very good all year. Gasol succeeding there is par for the course, not some sort of master stroke. Never mind the marshmallow soft schedule the Raptors have had since his acquisition...

Now, the stylistic change, with the offence having more passing, could be seen as a big benefit - and has certainly seemed to invigorate the shooting, to an even greater degree than JV's screening did early in the season, so that's a really good sign. But there have been drawbacks too - the Raptors are among the worst rebounding teams in the league since Gasol's acquisition, and have seen their turnover rate spike.

Still, I'm very optimistic they can leverage their strengths to such a degree that those weaknesses won't hurt them overmuch. Mind you I'd have been confident of that if they'd just kept JV and played him with the starters, but they seem unlikely to have done that enough, so on that ground alone the Gasol trade is paying off.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Gasol's first game as a Raptor was on Feb 9th. So numbers from Feb 9th to April 1 (per NBA.com):

112.7 ortg (8th)
    105.9 drtg (3rd)
    6.8 net rtg (3rd)
    66.3% ast% (2nd)
    56.5% efg% (1st)
    59.8% TS% (1st)
    48.3% FG% (tied for 1st)
    41.3% 3fg% (1st)

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but they seem wrong.
    My numbers are correct you just didn't read properly.

These were our numbers with Gasol on the floor as of April 1st:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X