X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

"we don't have the personnel to pass" all over again lol

Comment

• JV didnt lose starting because he was bad but because Nurse wanted to go small ball. Gasol doesnt do much for that. JV had some monster games playing in limited minutes. What would Gasols numbers be like in 19 minutes a game? Ordinary at best Im pretty sure.

But again like others I welcome Gasol and hope for the best. Ill trust MU he deserves that

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Ibaka looked like a pile of crap last year and we were bemoaning how we would get out from under his deal. Now with Nurse as coach he's been fantastic and totally revitalized his career having his best season since 2013-14.

Norman Powell was total garbage last year under Casey and is now totally revitalized and having his best year ever under Nurse.

I think Nurse is drooling at what he can do with Gasol and we should expect big things.
        Don't tell that to all the Nurse haters here in the last few weeks lol

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
          Excited about this!
          You would be lol. Hopefully this works out but I don't know man Marc is declining and old as fuck. I thought he was closer to 30 not 34
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
            JV didnt lose starting because he was bad but because Nurse wanted to go small ball. Gasol doesnt do much for that. JV had some monster games playing in limited minutes. What would Gasols numbers be like in 19 minutes a game? Ordinary at best Im pretty sure.

But again like others I welcome Gasol and hope for the best. Ill trust MU he deserves that
            I think Gasol had 3 more PPG than JV in double the minutes. There's your answer. If Gasol just gets plugged into JV's minutes, we likely LOSE production.... Gasol will start

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Report: Raptors shill has spoken to raptor employee says guy excited to join raptor team

More at 11
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                I think Gasol had 3 more PPG than JV in double the minutes. There's your answer. If Gasol just gets plugged into JV's minutes, we likely LOSE production.... Gasol will start
                Statistically. It's a bad deal. Realistically, Marc can produce Lowry type of impact and may end up a great presence on the court making everyone around him beter. So there's that, there's hoping for that.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• I have to warm up to this trade.. but still pretty far away from it. It's not that I think JV was a super star or anything. He was a great role player.. but he was also a really good chemistry guy.

Gasol is a star.. future hall of famer for sure. But he also got his coach fired because he was benched in the 4th one game last year. That guy is not the guy I want on this team.

We may have to play small. We may prefer Ibaka at the 5 or even Siakam at the 5 to close out a game. Especially if a team goes really small (like Boston can). And if Gasol is on the bench is he going to cry about it?

Gasol is an elite passer.. but the current system we have doesn't have the big being a facilitator. Serge/JV don't pass much .. and the guards initiate the play. How are we going to do with 26 games left to figure that out?

I love the idea of having a proven vet that knows how to win in the locker room and on the court. But Memphis has also been a really really bad team the last two years. How could they be so bad if he is so good? Sure you can say Conley wasn't there last year.. but he was there this year.

The absence of a good wing shouldn't derail a team that badly.

I'm just going on the record now (before a single game has been played with him) saying it was not a good trade. I am more than happy to be wrong. And I really hope I will be.

Lots of people seem to like this trade. Might be because of the name on the back of his jersey. But I also remember a time when the Raptors got Hakeem Olajuwon. And that was a disaster (I do realize he was like 38/39 at the time instead of 34.. but he was still terrible).

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    In agreement. I don’t like the move. Gasol is injury prone like JV. It smells of MU do everything possible to get to NBA finals this year because he senses KL will not resign.
                    Fair point, I've been thinking that too

Comment

• This is our Rasheed Wallace trade

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        Statistically. It's a bad deal. Realistically, Marc can produce Lowry type of impact and may end up a great presence on the court making everyone around him beter. So there's that, there's hoping for that.
                        Gasol absolutely has that "makes everyone around him better" impact, which very few guys in the league have. Very excited to see what he can do with Siakam. This is not Hakeem 2.0. I don't think anyway.
                        Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 7, 2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          This is our Rasheed Wallace trade
                          Hmm ... I like this line of thinking. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            This is our Rasheed Wallace trade
                            I hope you're right
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I think people are kind of underestimating what just happened.

- We are now starting a superstar, 2 star level sidekicks and 2 elite role players one of whom might actually be a star (Siakam).
                              - We are starting 5 guys who can all defend their position (2 former DPOYs), shoot the ball from outside, make plays for others and have extremely high basketball IQ.
                              - We have legitimate championship pedigree on the roster and significant playoff and international experience.

People can go on about how efficient JV was but the reality is he presented a lot of the same problems DeRozan did in that he's a major defensive liability and at times it's legitimately hard to keep him on the floor (which is why he only plays 19mpg now).

We have no such players in the rotation at the moment. This is huge.

Comment

• Not sure if this was mentioned, but an underrated part of this trade is Scariolo is the head coach of the Spanish national team and Ibaka played on the team, so there will be some familiarity with Gasol.

Sometimes players need a change of scenery to get motivated again, Pau Gasol rejuvenated himself a bit when he got traded to the Bulls, averaged a double double in both seasons he played there at age 34 and 35.

Comment

Working...
                                X