Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I think people are kind of underestimating what just happened.

    - We are now starting a superstar, 2 star level sidekicks and 2 elite role players one of whom might actually be a star (Siakam).
    - We are starting 5 guys who can all defend their position (2 former DPOYs), shoot the ball from outside, make plays for others and have extremely high basketball IQ.
    - We have legitimate championship pedigree on the roster and significant playoff and international experience.

    People can go on about how efficient JV was but the reality is he presented a lot of the same problems DeRozan did in that he's a major defensive liability and at times it's legitimately hard to keep him on the floor (which is why he only plays 19mpg now).

    We have no such players in the rotation at the moment. This is huge.
    AND we got rid of CJ, his contract, and those god awful GoDaddy commercials in the process!

    Comment


    • 007 wrote: View Post




      We got the Spanish connections
      Lowry and Gasol played together in Memphis back in the day too.

      Comment


      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I think people are kind of underestimating what just happened.

        - We are now starting a superstar, 2 star level sidekicks and 2 elite role players one of whom might actually be a star (Siakam).
        - We are starting 5 guys who can all defend their position (2 former DPOYs), shoot the ball from outside, make plays for others and have extremely high basketball IQ.
        - We have legitimate championship pedigree on the roster and significant playoff and international experience.

        People can go on about how efficient JV was but the reality is he presented a lot of the same problems DeRozan did in that he's a major defensive liability and at times it's legitimately hard to keep him on the floor (which is why he only plays 19mpg now).

        We have no such players in the rotation at the moment. This is huge.
        But if we look at this season JV actually protected the rim A LOT better than Marc. JV is at like 67% where Marc is at 49% and they're both slow so neither can guard on the perimeter well.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

        Comment


        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          I think people are kind of underestimating what just happened.

          - We are now starting a superstar, 2 star level sidekicks and 2 elite role players one of whom might actually be a star (Siakam).
          - We are starting 5 guys who can all defend their position (2 former DPOYs), shoot the ball from outside, make plays for others and have extremely high basketball IQ.
          - We have legitimate championship pedigree on the roster and significant playoff and international experience.

          People can go on about how efficient JV was but the reality is he presented a lot of the same problems DeRozan did in that he's a major defensive liability and at times it's legitimately hard to keep him on the floor (which is why he only plays 19mpg now).

          We have no such players in the rotation at the moment. This is huge.
          I like that he's still solid defensively (shows in his DBPM and DRPM numbers).. that's a big upgrade. But he's not a good shooter at all (54% TS, 34% from 3). And I don't consider him a star anymore.. Memphis sucked so bad the last couple of years. A "star" shouldn't let that happen. And he had Conley back this season too.

          He's not washed up like Dirk or Melo are... but he's also not as good as he used to be. His injuries might be catching up to him fast.

          Comment


          • It is very clear that Massi is putting huge hope in this playoff. He is doing many gambling right now, but there is not a major difference between Marc and JV. I do believe that JV is more dynamic than Marc. On the other hand, when you bear in mind the lose of D Wright, then it is a major black hole in the PG side.

            This trade will hurt us in the playoff.

            Comment


            • GLF wrote: View Post
              But if we look at this season JV actually protected the rim A LOT better than Marc. JV is at like 67% where Marc is at 49% and they're both slow so neither can guard on the perimeter well.
              Wow.. he's under 50% at the rim? Yikes

              Comment


              • Comment


                • Last two years the grizz started off well. (Two years ago they beat Golden State twice) but they're too thin and Conley and Gasol have to carry the offense. They wear down, and the team starts to lose, and they check out as the team tanks.

                  Now they wear down because they're not 26, but that load is ridiculous. I like what Nurse did with Ibaka and I think he'll do the same with Gasol. We'll see a good player here.
                  Last edited by Mitchell Duong; Thu Feb 7th, 2019, 07:06 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Great trade for the Raptors. Gasol is just so crafty and smart. I also like this move for a possible match up against the Bucks because it's going to be a lot harder for Giannis to get his shot off over Gasol at the rim than Serge

                    Comment


                    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Great trade for the Raptors. Gasol is just so crafty and smart. I also like this move for a possible match up against the Bucks because it's going to be a lot harder for Giannis to get his shot off over Gasol at the rim than Serge
                      Yeah he has that crafty veteran and cool demeanor that really helps when the games are tight and the tension is high.

                      Comment


                      • RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                        It is very clear that Massi is putting huge hope in this playoff. He is doing many gambling right now, but there is not a major difference between Marc and JV. I do believe that JV is more dynamic than Marc. On the other hand, when you bear in mind the lose of D Wright, then it is a major black hole in the PG side.

                        This trade will hurt us in the playoff.
                        More DYNAMIC? Lol. Guys I love jv but Marc makes plays from the top of the arc..and I mean with the ball not just setting screens. And dont forget when comparing jv 2019 numbers to Gasol you're taking a guy on a top 5 team feasting on bench guys where we dump it in to him and let him do his thing, to a guy playing against western conference starters every night getting double teamed cause his teammates suck. It's not a fair comparison

                        Plus lowry's window is closing just as fast as gasols is so the time is right now.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • Remember when our blockbuster trade talks were about Hedo and Rudy Gay
                          Me The Palmerston North

                          Comment


                          • GLF wrote: View Post
                            But if we look at this season JV actually protected the rim A LOT better than Marc. JV is at like 67% where Marc is at 49% and they're both slow so neither can guard on the perimeter well.
                            Lol just like people liked to defend JV's weakness in this stat when DeMar was here, it works the other way too. That stat is more about how well your perimeter guys apply pressure than it is what your big is doing. JV is not a good defensive player. I just won't allow it to continue to be spun any other way.

                            Comment


                            • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              What's scary about this isn't going to be the shot off the pop. It's going to be the pass that happens after the defense scrambles to recover. People are going to be getting dunked on hard by a cutting Kawhi or Siakam.

                              Comment


                              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                What's scary about this isn't going to be the shot off the pop. It's going to be the pass that happens after the defense scrambles to recover. People are going to be getting dunked on hard by a cutting Kawhi or Siakam.
                                I hope the Gasol/Siakam chemistry happens quick and rims get wrecked.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X