• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Marc Gasol

Wow! Discuss.

Excited about this!
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

He just turned 34, we got him for another year after this one ($25 million player option). Let's hope playing on a bad team was as much of a factor in his perceived decline as his age/wear
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

We dont have that go to 2nd scorer everybody wants, but now with gasol, siakam, Ibaka and Lowry we have 4 "third scorer types" that on any given night can go off for well over 20 pts and be that 2nd guy.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I hope for our sake he ages like Pau Gasol did between the ages of 34 to 37. Otherwise it's gonna be painful watching him play these last few months.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            We dont have that go to 2nd scorer everybody wants, but now with gasol, siakam, Ibaka and Lowry we have 4 "third scorer types" that on any given night can go off for well over 20 pts and be that 2nd guy.
            Wait, didn't we have that with JV when they actually GAVE HIM THE BALL?

Comment

OK, I will find a way to talk myself into this deal. Mostly based on hoping Gasol has more in the tank than he's shown on crappy Memphis.

Frontcourt seems a little crowded - after thinking about it, I guess Ibaka comes off the bench? And gets some mid-Q run as PF beside Gasol?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Great tweet. Welcome!

Comment

i don't feel like i'm one of those posters that overvalues JV or anything but i don't think I like this move at this stage of his career.

AND we gave up wright and a 2nd round pick?

yeah definitely definitely don't like it. masai can't win 'em all i guess

Comment

not a fan of giving up delon but oh well.

we get an older but better defender, passer and 3 point shooter. i'll take it.

Comment

We got the Spanish connections
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                            i don't feel like i'm one of those posters that overvalues JV or anything but i don't think I like this move at this stage of his career.

AND we gave up wright and a 2nd round pick?

yeah definitely definitely don't like it. masai can't win 'em all i guess
                            I kinda feel like MU has been down this road with memphis a few times, they keep wanting more expecting a bigger market and we keep coming back saying here's jv+

So MU was looking at the rest of the easts moves, the situ and then goes f it and finally marcs up north.
                            Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Thu Feb 7, 2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              I kinda feel like MU has been down this road with memphis a few times, they keep wanting more expecting a bigger market and we keep coming back saying here's jv+

So MU was looking at the rest of the easts moves, the situ and then goes f it and finally marcs up north.
                              if that's what happened it sounds like a panic move, just trying to shake things up for the hell of it. they shook it up by getting rid of one the most reliable guys on the team for a 35 year old C on the decline

Comment

Working...
                              X