No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would prefer that platoon Serg and Gasol the same way the did with JV. I have reservations about Serg playing with Gasol, as he is more of 5 now. Gasol fits better with the bench, just as JV did. But he deserves to start versus big 5's

I hope he accepts the role Nick gives him.

I'm excited that we have another guy who could put up 20-30 any given night. We needed that.

Comment

• I really don't think Gasol will accept bench role
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• that's a problem then, Serg fits better with the starters

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          I would prefer that platoon Serg and Gasol the same way the did with JV. I have reservations about Serg playing with Gasol, as he is more of 5 now. Gasol fits better with the bench, just as JV did. But he deserves to start versus big 5's

I hope he accepts the role Nick gives him.

I'm excited that we have another guy who could put up 20-30 any given night. We needed that.
          It should be communicated to both Serge and Marc:

We have 25 games left. Then, a playoffs where we want to make a deep run. Some days you'll start, some days you may not. Some days you'll get over 30 min, some days you may get under 20. We are trying as a collective to go to an NBA finals and beat Golden State somehow in 2019. That needs total buy in. IF you are at all unhappy with your role at any point, suck it up until the offseason just a few short months away. We can do our best accommodate everything then. Until then, the only thing you can accomplish by being a malcontent in March or April is torpedo the Raptor playoff hopes.

For 2 vets without a ring, hopefully they understand the goals here
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

that's a problem then, Serg fits better with the starters
            Says who? Compared to JV? Marc Gasol is a world class passer and defender. The better player should get more minutes

Comment

• I mean we've seen Serg with bench. JV was a better fit, I assume Marc could fit with either group well. The nights that Serg was not starting, he didn't play as well.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                It should be communicated to both Serge and Marc:

We have 25 games left. Then, a playoffs where we want to make a deep run. Some days you'll start, some days you may not. Some days you'll get over 30 min, some days you may get under 20. We are trying as a collective to go to an NBA finals and beat Golden State somehow in 2019. That needs total buy in. IF you are at all unhappy with your role at any point, suck it up until the offseason just a few short months away. We can do our best accommodate everything then. Until then, the only thing you can accomplish by being a malcontent in March or April is torpedo the Raptor playoff hopes.

For 2 vets without a ring, hopefully they understand the goals here
                We'll see but I have a real tough time imagining Gasol agreeing to be a 6th man. Real tough time. I think a lot of this talk from the team is to assuage Serge's ego but the reality is that Ibaka is going to the bench.

As an aside, I don't think we should be thinking in terms of the 'second unit'. It's far more likely the basics will involve keeping 2 of Lowry/Leonard/Gasol on the floor at all times. I could very easily see Raps going with a 8-man or even a 7-man rotation as the playoffs move along (i.e. Lowry/Green/FVV/Powell as your guards and Leonard/Siakam/Gasol/Ibaka up front).

Comment

I mean we've seen Serg with bench. JV was a better fit, I assume Marc could fit with either group well. The nights that Serg was not starting, he didn't play as well.
                  That was a different bench though. Rotation is tightening, Delon and CJ gone, it's basically Fred and rejuvenated Norm who wasn't playing much at the time, OG and Serge. McCaw is the 10th and Malcolm Miller I guess the 11th..Until we pick up more guys I think 9 guys are gonna get a lot of time. So it's worth checking out again.

Comment

• Some of these comments are hilarious. Does anyone other than Keon and Demographic watch the NBA when the raptors aren't involved? We literally just got a playoff experienced hybrid of Jokic and Kevin Love and some people here are wondering if he should start.

Masai, once again, tip of the hat.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      We'll see but I have a real tough time imagining Gasol agreeing to be a 6th man. Real tough time. I think a lot of this talk from the team is to assuage Serge's ego but the reality is that Ibaka is going to the bench.

As an aside, I don't think we should be thinking in terms of the 'second unit'. It's far more likely the basics will involve keeping 2 of Lowry/Leonard/Gasol on the floor at all times. I could very easily see Raps going with a 8-man or even a 7-man rotation as the playoffs move along (i.e. Lowry/Green/FVV/Powell as your guards and Leonard/Siakam/Gasol/Ibaka up front).
                      Oh, I agree. Call Marc Mr. Starter Man if it makes him happy. But his sacrifice is that his minutes HAVE to go down. He was getting 34 a night in Memphis. Pascal deserves 34 a night. Serge is not a 20 million dollar 12 min backup. All the Memphis fans say Gasol would be more effective around 25 to 30.

So that's what I mean by his sacrifice. 1A and 1B.

Comment

• Do you think he'll opt out of his contratc after this year?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Damn majority of TV analysts players don't like or care about this move. Pippen, T-Mac, Pierce all think Gasol is washed up
                          Pippen needs to settle down. Pierce is a hater that 1 won ring. I don't even need to talk about the 2nd round virgin (I don't count the one year he was with the Spurs).

Comment

• Beneperez wrote: View Post
                            Some of these comments are hilarious. Does anyone other than Keon and Demographic watch the NBA when the raptors aren't involved? We literally just got a playoff experienced hybrid of Jokic and Kevin Love and some people here are wondering if he should start.

Masai, once again, tip of the hat.
                            Hybrid of kevin love and Jokic? Ya maybe 5 years ago man. Marc still good but he's nowhere near the grit and grind era player he was. Our best bet is to utilize him to his strengths between 25-30 mins a night. Dude couldnt feel his arm or turn his head at some points this season. Him and serge will likely get the same amount of minutes regardless who starts. It's probably best for players there age to keep them fresh for the playoffs. When postseason roles around we can crank his minutes up
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I really don't think Gasol will accept bench role
                              If theres one thing I learned from Spanish players - its that they are actually willing to accept team success over their success.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                                Do you think he'll opt out of his contratc after this year?
                                doubt it.. thats alot of money for a dude nearing the end of his career. I only think he doesnt if he has a multi-year offer from a contender. If we flame out kawhi leaves and we are signaling a rebuild i think then maybe he opts out.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X