Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Damn majority of TV analysts players don't like or care about this move. Pippen, T-Mac, Pierce all think Gasol is washed up
    unfortunately they are better players then analysts.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
      Do you think he'll opt out of his contratc after this year?
      Not sure who you're asking, but no I think he opts in. 25 million for a non all star to play a good role on a contender? Sign me up!

It's a stacked free agent class this year, with wings mostly but also bigs with Cousins, Vucevic, Brook Lopez all unrestricted. Ain't nobody handing out mega deals to the Bismacks and Mozgovs anymore like the drunken sailors of 2016
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Oh, I agree. Call Marc Mr. Starter Man if it makes him happy. But his sacrifice is that his minutes HAVE to go down. He was getting 34 a night in Memphis. Pascal deserves 34 a night. Serge is not a 20 million dollar 12 min backup. All the Memphis fans say Gasol would be more effective around 25 to 30.

So that's what I mean by his sacrifice. 1A and 1B.
        Oh, I was kinda thinking he was going to be pushing 40 minutes a game in the playoffs. Who knows what Nurse does but I'm guessing that 7 guys are playing ~100% of the meaningful minutes in the playoffs. Siakam is going to have show at the SF spot for some minutes. I think Ibaka and Gasol will definitely be out there together as well. Gasol is not JV. He can play with Serge.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Oh, I was kinda thinking he was going to be pushing 40 minutes a game in the playoffs. Who knows what Nurse does but I'm guessing that 7 guys are playing ~100% of the meaningful minutes in the playoffs. Siakam is going to have show at the SF spot for some minutes. I think Ibaka and Gasol will definitely be out there together as well. Gasol is not JV. He can play with Serge.
          Yeah that's agreeable. Playoffs its balls to the wall and Marc over 35 again.

That being said, the first we draw Charlotte or miami and I still think we should monitor minutes and keep guys rested, because round 2 and 3 are when the real playoffs are.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Hybrid of kevin love and Jokic? Ya maybe 5 years ago man. Marc still good but he's nowhere near the grit and grind era player he was. Our best bet is to utilize him to his strengths between 25-30 mins a night. Dude couldnt feel his arm or turn his head at some points this season. Him and serge will likely get the same amount of minutes regardless who starts. It's probably best for players there age to keep them fresh for the playoffs. When postseason roles around we can crank his minutes up
            I agree with the minutes. That's valid given his age and body. However, I also feel that most people have bought into his stats and not realised that he's been trying to get out of Memphis for two seasons now. It's even questionable to how physical he's been willing to play knowing that the team has next to no chance to get into the playoffs. No one can really blame him as he was a Demar-like figure to the Grizz and they have one of the biggest knuckle heads for a GM in Chris Wallace (pretty sure that's his name).

I give tons of credit to Masai and Nurse for resurrecting Danny Green and Serge Ibaka. No question they are thriving here where it would be questionable elsewhere. Gasol is head and shoulders more talented than those two and JV for that matter. The potential of him returning anywhere close to his older form coupled with the fact that he's desperate to match Pau's championship resume makes this a perfect storm.
            Last edited by Beneperez; Fri Feb 8, 2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Looking forward to the playoffs. That is the only measure of success. I don’t care how anyone is used, get us the damn chip!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                ... Gasol is not JV. He can play with Serge.
                They already have played together, on the Spanish National team, and their coach is a Raptors assistant. The brain trust will figure it out, I have no doubt.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Last season OG was a starter as a rookie and was playing really well, but they opted to give his spot to DG.

I'm as hopeful as anyone else that Siakam reaches that level, but I don't see him as a star. His basketball IQ is too low at the moment.
                  OG is having a tough time fitting into a new role (new from last year). He was a 3 (SF) and has been replaced by Kawhi in the starting line-up. He seems unsure / tentative on offense. He often gets in trouble trying too hard to impress with Siakam like moves...

Comment

• I find it hilarious that yet another narrative persists when there is absolutely zero basis for it. Serge at PF was never an issue when he had a competent C beside him (JV, that is). They were part of a dominant starting lineup last year (one of the very best heavy minutes lineups in the league) and no, they were not the problem in the playoffs - that pairing remained one of our stronger pairings in both rounds of the playoffs, even with Serge's individual scoring struggles.

And with Gasol as the C, presumably you could run the same pick actions with Serge as they are now, with Gasol able to provide at least as much spacing as Siakam does.

Serge at PF would be fine. I wouldn't start him there, but I would give him minutes beside Gasol for a few minutes in the middle of every Q to buy Siakam some rest (4 minutes each Q would do it even if OG gets moved to full time SF, which I doubt, so probably more like 2-3 minutes each Q).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• How either guy works with the bench will be a lot different after we sign some buyout players.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        They already have played together, on the Spanish National team, and their coach is a Raptors assistant. The brain trust will figure it out, I have no doubt.
                        But this ain't international ball, and there will be times where they just won't be able to share the floor.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but this trade feels a little Colangelo-esque: gamble that a past-his-prime player will return to form; sacrifice positional/rotational fit for the sake of moar talent.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• GoDaddy execs at the ACC: Ok, we can no longer use the CJs PJ's ads - how about we create a "Gasol's Shawls" just in time for the postseason?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            GoDaddy execs at the ACC: Ok, we can no longer use the CJs PJ's ads - how about we create a "Gasol's Shawls" just in time for the postseason?
                            stay tf away from godaddy

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              stay tf away from godaddy
                              Somebody has got to tell GoDaddy Hockey's bigger in Canada, maybe Marner needs a Marionett's website.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                GoDaddy execs at the ACC: Ok, we can no longer use the CJs PJ's ads - how about we create a "Gasol's Shawls" just in time for the postseason?
                                Ibakas...chancletas? They can call them "ma fuzzys!"

Comment

Working...
                                X